Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

burnt coffee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

You know that stye like pain under your eye, when you wake up 3 hoours after hitting the hay at 5.30am..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Changing a battery in a watch, I have a good selection of batteries except.......grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went into a local takeout place this evening. Ordered our food, paid for it and he was packing it up, so I was asking him if he had found something I had lost the last night I was in there. He interrupted me to serve the lady who had opened the door and walked in behind me. I stood there fuming wondering if I should interrupt him or wait til he was finished. I waited until he finished, and waited for him to ask me to continue. Then I gave it to him with both barrels.
    Me: I wasn't finished
    Him: sorry?
    Me: I wasn't finished speaking to you. I was in the middle of speaking to you.
    Him: oh yeah sorry she already ordered
    Me: I don't care. I also ordered and paid you, and I wasn't finished.

He's looking at me like I'm the one with the problem, so I had to conclude it by telling him it was very rude. Don't dismiss one customer to not delay another one.
    After all that he apologised but I was still snapping.

Jumped up out of bed at 7:40 am "oh fúck, I'm late". Herself wakes up and growls "It's Sunday!". It all becomes a blur after a while... one day I unthinkingly drove to work as normal before realising I wasn't meant to be in work that morning. Away. With. The. Fairies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Trivially annoyed by the woman in lidl this morning fingering her way through every item of freshly baked rolls, having licked her finger to open the paper bag, then moving on to the croissants, another bag, another lick, another good root through til she found the one she wanted! I stood back and stared her outta it ..... not a hint of care did she give!......... Also TA'd that I'm not confrontational enough to say .... ' ah here mrs'!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Drank a spider this morn. Still traumatised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Samsgirl wrote: »

Oh no.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Fcuk no!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Samsgirl wrote: »

OMG, that is a fear of mine when I have a glass of water on the bedside table. I imagine a spider would feel quite furry and tickle all the way down :(

TA that I gave the little one her bath this evening and ended up so wet I may as well have climbed into it with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

People who park directly on top of the ramps..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

anything eaten in front of me that stinks of ketchup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's been said before, but I'm saying it again: people who sign their posts.

Aaarrrghh! :mad:

MG

TA that there's. ever any food in this house.

Want cereal? No almond milk.
    Want peanut butter and jam sandwich? No bread.
    Want noodles? Broke the ceramic hob.
    Spaghetti hoops? No bread so no toast.
    Bar of chocolate? Stolen and eaten.

grocery shopping day tomorrow and by Wednesday it'll be cleared out again. It's like I live with jaws himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Petty cuntz that rob the magazines out of the Sunday papers! Jaysis sake!

Saw a woman today who got one newspaper and took the "Free" magazine out of at least 3 others and sneaked them into the one she bought! How petty is that? For the sake of a few quid! Grrrr! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

gammygils wrote: »
    Petty cuntz that rob the magazines out of the Sunday papers! Jaysis sake!

Saw a woman today who got one newspaper and took the "Free" magazine out of at least 3 others and sneaked them into the one she bought! How petty is that? For the sake of a few quid! Grrrr! :(

My wife thinks I am nuts for never taking the newspaper from the top of the pile in the shop. Nope, I take it from three down from the top as the top one is the one that will have the magazines stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Freezing cold office on a Monday morning because the heating is turned off for the weekend. Brrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Slipping around in the shower really thinking I'm going to crash and burn. There's nothing to hang onto either. I can see me falling next time, naked in a heap blacked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

People who sing songs to themselves and don't get the words right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Unevenly sliced sliced bread.

Just gone to put some toast in the toaster and the first slice was thick the next thin. Noticed the whole loaf is cut that way with about four different thicknesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Glenster wrote: »
    People who sing songs to themselves and don't get the words right.

I don't know the actual words to any songs but I'll be damned if I let that stop me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rang a shop where I have stuff ordered to ask if I can pick the gear up on Thursday evening. The amount of sighs and guffaws and tuts from the pr*ck on the other end of the phone....and I recognise his voice as well.

He was the sales assistant that was trying to sell me the high end stuff rather than pointing me in the direction of what I actually was asking for and within the budget I outlined.

AND!!!!!!!! I was talking to my mother shortly after, she is buying something there as well and she was dealing with the same pr*ck who was also trying to sell the stuff that was way above and beyond what was needed. Luckily she had sense and didn't listen to his boll0x.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Had to organise a phone fairly sharpish.

Decided on a particular phone, so just wanted to pop into the shop, pay and go away.

Drove from one side of Drogheda to the other last night in a hurry. Pulled up outside at 17:55 at Carphone Warehouse.

Tried both doors. They were locked. Lights were on inside - I had a look. An assistant was talking to a customer and the "manager" was sitting on his ass on the computer. I gestured to him as if to say what the f*ck. He signalled that it was closed. I checked the sign on the door - it said 6 bells. All I wanted to do was go in and spend 250e and then f**k off.. but nope. He had decided to lock the doors early and that was that.

Was fuming - got back into the car and before anyone says maybe my clock was wrong, bang on 6pm the news came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

How hard is to reply to a message? Set up a WhatsApp group with family members, handy, very easy for everyone to tell everyone something at the one time, or share a joke etc. The group is going a month now and one family member has still not replied, not once. Can see that he reads the messages, still nothing. Very frustrating when trying to get an answer on something from everyone. Said it to him then when I saw him, his reply "ah I'm not into that stuff" what fcuking stuff? It's a message in a group.

I'm looking for an electrician and a plumber. I can barely change a light bulb so wouldn't even know where to start with looking for these people. Google plumbers and a list came up on yelp.

First phone I ring this lady answered
    "Could you not ring his mobile?" she asked, well I could if the mobile number was the number in the ad, but it wasn't. She told me to take down his number but I didn't have a pen so asked if she could take mine and ask him to call me back. "To be honest you're wasting your time he's very busy and by the time he gets home in the evening..." I just cut her off saying well if he's very busy I won't disturb him and hung up on her.

But honestly, you'd think guys in trade would be a little more enthusiastic for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Was out the weekend with some friends. 2 Friends started arguing over some bull****. Stupid stupid bull**** and I had to listen to it. Was stone cold sober too. "So who was right Fizzy?". "Ones stubborn, the other could use more tact and your both irritating my tits now".

everlast75 wrote: »

Decided on a particular phone, so just wanted to pop into the shop, pay and go away.

Drove from one side of Drogheda to the other last night in a hurry. Pulled up outside at 17:55 at Carphone Warehouse.

Tried both doors. They were locked. Lights were on inside - I had a look. An assistant was talking to a customer and the "manager" was sitting on his ass on the computer. I gestured to him as if to say what the f*ck. He signalled that it was closed. I checked the sign on the door - it said 6 bells. All I wanted to do was go in and spend 250e and then f**k off.. but nope. He had decided to lock the doors early and that was that.

Was fuming - got back into the car and before anyone says maybe my clock was wrong, bang on 6pm the news came on.

6pm news starts after the angelus at 6.01. Probably, I didn't look it up.

Therefore you were late.

People who are late.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    How hard is to reply to a message? Set up a WhatsApp group with family members, handy, very easy for everyone to tell everyone something at the one time, or share a joke etc. The group is going a month now and one family member has still not replied, not once. Can see that he reads the messages, still nothing. Very frustrating when trying to get an answer on something from everyone. Said it to him then when I saw him, his reply "ah I'm not into that stuff" what fcuking stuff? It's a message in a group.

Being added into a whatsapp group and bullied into participating.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

everlast75 wrote: »

I had a slightly different incident recently where i called to an electrical store on a Sunday with opening hours 12-5. I was walking in the open door when a woman coming in behind me spouted;
    "Excuse me we're not open yet. You can't come in. You're not covered by our insurance."
    I looked at my watch 11.58.
    " Right so" says I. Back out the open door, into the car and fecked off. Won't be going back there in a hurry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

1 click ordering on Amazon.

At least that's what I think it was. I was browsing some products yesterday evening. This morning I notice an email from Amazon confirming my order.
    What the actual fcuk?
    I log onto Amazon and I've apparently ordered and paid for a fcuking Buffet Warmer!
    Not only that, it's marked as dispatched and I can't cancel the order.
    And postage was £24!
    Twenty four fcuking pounds Sterling!

I wasn't even drinking last night.

Seriously pissed off about this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm looking for an electrician and a plumber. I can barely change a light bulb so wouldn't even know where to start with looking for these people. Google plumbers and a list came up on yelp.

First phone I ring this lady answered
    "Could you not ring his mobile?" she asked, well I could if the mobile number was the number in the ad, but it wasn't. She told me to take down his number but I didn't have a pen so asked if she could take mine and ask him to call me back. "To be honest you're wasting your time he's very busy and by the time he gets home in the evening..." I just cut her off saying well if he's very busy I won't disturb him and hung up on her.

But honestly, you'd think guys in trade would be a little more enthusiastic for work.

Some work just isn't worth it. I do nixers to help out people now, not for the money. Some jobs are handy. Others are far more hassle than they're worth.

Trades have picked up anyway, they can pick and choose a little. Go to your local facebook group and ask there. I'm from a small enough town but the local group does be hopping with requests like yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement