Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

No 4G coverage with nearly a fortnight. Mobile Internet keeps dropping out at random. Could be a phone issue as battery life has gone downhill. Then Vodafone come along and offer me an upgrade if i change to new tarriff at a €5extra a month. No thanks. I'll replace the battery first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

5 workers behind the counter and only 2 serving whilst the queue gets longer and longer:mad:
    And then of the 2 working 1 had a problem that the 2nd had to help out and took 3mins...

And still the other 3 are standing doing nothing:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The more I sleep the more tired I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Brought my clothes to the industrial machines and they still have odour after washing and I think the dryer shrank them a bit. We really take for granted our home appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Single vehicle accident not to far from me around 12.00. Fairly serious as a helicopter was dispatched as well. 4 hours later everyone has now cleared but we still have a crashed car on the scene and the rubber neckers are going to cause another accident. 2 cars stopped on a bend having a good oul' gawk a few minutes ago. Surely a recovery lorry could be found to clear the wreck before the gardai leave the scene. Road will be mad busy shortly with people going home. Throw a few rubberneckers into the mix and there might be another incident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I had to do a lot of lying on the ground today. My head is not a comfortable shape for lying on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was tut tutting to myself that the cartons of Avomore soup all seem to be crushed lately.

Only copped today that it seems to be a new shape to the carton.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Glenster wrote: »
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Had to organise a phone fairly sharpish.

Decided on a particular phone, so just wanted to pop into the shop, pay and go away.

Drove from one side of Drogheda to the other last night in a hurry. Pulled up outside at 17:55 at Carphone Warehouse.

Tried both doors. They were locked. Lights were on inside - I had a look. An assistant was talking to a customer and the "manager" was sitting on his ass on the computer. I gestured to him as if to say what the f*ck. He signalled that it was closed. I checked the sign on the door - it said 6 bells. All I wanted to do was go in and spend 250e and then f**k off.. but nope. He had decided to lock the doors early and that was that.

Was fuming - got back into the car and before anyone says maybe my clock was wrong, bang on 6pm the news came on.

6pm news starts after the angelus at 6.01. Probably, I didn't look it up.

Therefore you were late.

People who are late.

Angelus is only on RTE radio.....the station wasn't specified.

Therefore the poster was on time, especially when you factor in the time it takes to get to the car.

My TA? The angelus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

It got dark fierce early

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Impatient people who don't listen.
    Neighbour asked to borrow my trailer last Saturday. Told him it was in use but I'd let him know when it was free.
    He landed today looking for it. How hard is" I'll ring you when its back" to understand. I had stuff belonging to my cousin in it. Wanted to empty the contents and take it for the day and would refill it on its return.
    I decided to tell him that the cousin would be calling for it during the week. All he wanted to know was when would that be.
    Hopefully for once my cousin will be slow to call for the trailer and be even slower returning it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I've always wanted a pair of denim dungarees and I saw one pair left on sale in topshop yesterday, in my size but when i tried them on, the length was too short! :(

For a minute I had the great idea of adjusting the straps to create length but it didn't work. Just made them way too baggy and I looked liked i was auditioning to become an additional member of East 17 :/

Having no kitchen to prepare food is a nightmare. Really struggling to eat properly. Went to the shop then and it was 2 euros for a litre of water?! I got a 1.5 for 60 cent in some shop the other day. Is it filtered through crack cocaine or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Having the sniffles! :mad:

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Phone keypad suddenly changed itself to Chinese language, also the letters are too close together and when you have fat fingers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Robsweezie wrote: »
    My fat fingers changed the language on my phone for Chinese.

fyp :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Being added into a whatsapp group and bullied into participating.

Narks who quote the exact opposite of what someone has posted - rather than thinking up their own.

The Boards equivalent of remaking classic films, and then the result being shyte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

People who make ridiculous analogies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who (are less than perfect themselves) try make others feel bad about themselves with backhanded compliments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Oul wagon dips her hand into one of those big containers with the nuts in them in Lidl, scoops a load out and launches them into her fat gob. I don't think she heard my 'that's absolutely disgusting' remark as she headed over to the bread area, where she was mostly likely going to fondle a sourdough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Vel wrote: »
    Oul wagon dips her hand into one of those big containers with the nuts in them in Lidl, scoops a load out and launches them into her fat gob. I don't think she heard my 'that's absolutely disgusting' remark as she headed over to the bread area, where she was mostly likely going to fondle a sourdough!

And that puts an end to my buying pistachios in Lidl!!

• Advertisement

Passive-aggressive trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Narks who quote the exact opposite of what someone has posted - rather than thinking up their own.

The Boards equivalent of remaking classic films, and then the result being shyte.

Bad spellers

Bad spellers

Oh bless.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/nark

"Nark" is a word. Because your remedial English class hasn't covered it yet doesn't mean it's not accurate.

And as anyone knows, deliberately misspelling a word - e.g. shyte with a y - gets past the profanity filter. If there is one.

Reading some of the dross you post, there should be an idiot filter.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is probably a great time to remind people that the rules for the thread are in the 1st post and there is also a reminder of this in the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

GMSA wrote: »
    Impatient people who don't listen.
    Neighbour asked to borrow my trailer last Saturday.
    I loaned my hard wood flooring nailer to a friend, he returned it BROKEN, that TA'd me
    now, I don't loan out anything to anyone. what ever happened to... "return it in the same or better condition than you when you borrowed it"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Vel wrote: »
    Oul wagon dips her hand into one of those big containers with the nuts in them in Lidl, scoops a load out and launches them into her fat gob.  
    I literally LOL'd at that
    Thanks Vel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The millenial/snowflake generation oozing with hedonism + smugness in the supposed Season Of Goodwill.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    This is probably a great time to remind people that the rules for the thread are in the 1st post and there is also a reminder of this in the thread title.

People who's name reminds me of the Charlie XIX song "Boom Clap" and I now have a massive ear worm going on!!!!

Sorry Mod, hope you take this in the good spirit it is meant!!!! Been humming the blooming thing since lunch!!!! :)

People talking about themselves constantly. Self obsession over-riding any sense of interest in the other party, and when they do take interest, it's negative and begrudging. Thinking they can do no wrong and are better then the whole world having no insight into themselves. I can't deal with it right now, the patronisation of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Smartwatches. Specifically, smartwatches on 13-year-olds. Seriously, parents, get a grip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement