Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Unwanted advances. Also crap chatup lines such as "you have beautiful soft hands"
    Da fuq!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

F*ckin shoes from f*ckin Penney's! My work shoes are only a few weeks old and they're already ripping inside and outside. I'm annoyed with myself for buying from there again!

People who are loud gobsh1tes. I am so sick of a particular person's booming voice. This person has to have the TV blaring too so they can hear it over the shouting. They also have a donkey laugh.

I lost my damn tweezers. I hate small things that are too easy to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Rosie Rant wrote:
    F*ckin shoes from f*ckin Penney's! My work shoes are only a few weeks old and they're already ripping inside and outside. I'm annoyed with myself for buying from there again!

Take them back Rosie..Penneys customer service are excellent imo and there's a very good chance that they will refund/exchange them for you...even if they don't you'll have made them aware of the issue.

I did something really stupid today (sent text to wrong person)..I realised it as soon as I pressed the button,I'm kicking myself since and trying not to think about it but can't get it out of my head...there's nothing worse than that horrible feeling when you realise what you've done and can't recall the damn text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Trivially annoyed that ronan keating is procreating again. Cue endless quotes of how blessed he is and how his life is now complete. Vomiting inducing vile little man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

head cold- still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When someone gets in a huff and takes some sound advice badly.
    FFS, don't act the bollix! I'm still trying to be mates but you're acting like a child now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

My nephew appears on a match shown on TG4 the other day. All of the sports on the TG4 player work fine except for that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have several sets of battery operated lights. They are grand and bright when they are first turned on, but fade soon after. I never know if it is the batteries or the lights themselves that are crappy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Waiting at traffic lights in the car, they go green I start to move, Jogger comes from the left, right in front of me, frightened the ****e out of me, he never stopped. grrrrrr..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Almost gave this its own thread.

Deli counter every. Fuking . Time.

Hey can i have a wrap with turkey, ham, stuffing cheese and lettuce please.

Do you want butter or mayo?

No thanks.

Turkey and????

Turkey and ham. Stuffing. Cheese. Lettuce.

Turkey...ham...Stuffing....did you say cheese?

Yeah.

And what else sorry?

And lettuce.

Every time.

• Advertisement

Irish people referring to Trump as The Donald.

Cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Bloody post doc here not teaching students because "he doesn't like teaching". You're an academic FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Colser wrote:
    I did something really stupid today (sent text to wrong person)..I realised it as soon as I pressed the button,I'm kicking myself since and trying not to think about it but can't get it out of my head...there's nothing worse than that horrible feeling when you realise what you've done and can't recall the damn text.

How bad was it
    Did person reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

No Home and Away til January. It's pure shyte, but I always get a good laugh out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Those who don't know how to order sandwiches at the deli counter.
    Straight in with a barrage of fillings " ham cheese tomato relish and spring onion".
    Do they not realise there's an MO to ordering a sandwich or roll?
    Always have a sly laugh when the girl or chap asks "butter or mayo?" knowing full well what their next question is

"And that was?"

Cue grinding teeth and steaming ears from the punter who'll do the exact same thing for his next sandwich from the deli.

Some folk just never learn.

How bad was it Did person reply?

No reply and it could have been worse..still cringing and kicking myself over it.

TA when the charger falls out of the phone when you're in bed and you can't find the connection point in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Bloody post doc here not teaching students because "he doesn't like teaching". You're an academic FFS.
    Fewer than a third of postdocs will ever get a teaching position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Might be more than just trivial, my car insurance is up at the end of the month, haven't got my renewal yet but the online quotes I'm getting are frightening - and I have decades of driving/no claims
    Christmas is cancelled!

Seven Worlds will Collide

Might be more than just trivial, my car insurance is up at the end of the month, haven't got my renewal yet but the online quotes I'm getting are frightening - and I have decades of driving/no claims Christmas is cancelled!

BOI are seemingly coming up the cheapest according to the other thread and phoning rather than online quotes seems way better also.Definitely shop around and hopefully you'll get something affordable..tax and insurance at this time of year are a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

While sitting on the jacks, I could hear the bin lorry approaching my house. Suddenly remembered it's bin day and I hadn't put the bin out.

Cue mad dash through the house, to drag the bin out to the roadside. No time to zip up flies or buckle my belt.

Thankfully there was no-one around to witness my indignity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Getting the Dyson out to kill a spider - and not being sure if I sucked the little fecker up or he got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Subacio wrote: »
    While sitting on the jacks, I could hear the bin lorry approaching my house. Suddenly remembered it's bin day and I hadn't put the bin out.

Cue mad dash through the house, to drag the bin out to the roadside. No time to zip up flies or buckle my belt.

Thankfully there was no-one around to witness my indignity.

Did you even get a wipe in? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In the car park in Liffey Valley this morning, Was strolling back to the car and noticed there was a man and a lady looking awkward in the 2 cars beside me, as I got closer, it looked like there was agro between them.

The lady started talking to me telling me that the guy is calling her names and being abusive and drunk. The guy started shouting at me that the ****** **** ***** banged her door of his car.

Why in the name of the lord baby jesus do you think I want to be involved in this??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

AccuWeather App on my phone.

Not only is it not very Accu, it's constantly greedily guzzling my phone battery. Everytime I recharge my phone I have to remember to go into the App manager and kill it.
    And if you forget, it's sucked up 30% of your battery by lunchtime.

Well I've had enough. I'm deleting the little sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you even get a wipe in? :pac:

No. I had to do that later. Panic just set it. It was fight or flight (or something like that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

People who wrap Christmas ribbon around their Christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MeatTwoVeg wrote: »
    AccuWeather App on my phone.

Not only is it not very Accu, it's constantly greedily guzzling my phone battery. Everytime I recharge my phone I have to remember to go into the App manager and kill it.
    And if you forget, it's sucked up 30% of your battery by lunchtime.

Well I've had enough. I'm deleting the little sh1t.

sure can you not just look out the window instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Subacio wrote: »
    No. I had to do that later. Panic just set it. It was fight or flight (or something like that).

Shíte or flight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Arriving at the luas stop, next train in 14 minutes! Apparently just after 5 o'clock is not considered rush hour?! When it finally turns up the train will probably be packed! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Slowed down to let a car reverse out of a narrow spot and this muppet cyclist goes past me and actually cycles behind the reversing car knowing the driver was trying to negotiate the area. I'd have been delighted to see him completely mutilated.
    Water is 49 cents in one shop and 2 euros in another, as mentioned previously. Who in their right mind would keep buying water at that price. I drink bottles of water every day and it's as expensive as beer.
    The patches are making my foot and hand numb on one side and am struggling today, over one week off cigarettes and craving feeling hungry/sick low.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement