Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Slowed down to let a car reverse out of a narrow spot and this muppet cyclist goes past me and actually cycles behind the reversing car knowing the driver was trying to negotiate the area. I'd have been delighted to see him completely mutilated.

How very festive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Omackeral wrote: »
    How very festive!

I don't mean it literally obviously. I just hate how some cyclists show no concern for anyone at all on the roads.
    That reminds me of another chancer risking his life cycling
    against three lanes of traffic the wrong way weaving around like God himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭caviardreams

When you accidentally bump into somebody, for example, coming out of a doorway etc., nobody to blame just a coming together, and you say "sorry" instinctively as it's your reflex action to be polite, and the other person says "that's alright" with an air of superiority as if you're the one to blame! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Hot mince pies with ice cream or custard on top. Or just keep it country and have some shortbread biscuits?
    TA that I cant seem to make any decisions.

My hair is like a furze bush from the humidity and drizzle. No matter how many times I tell hairdressers not to cut layers into my hair, they still do it so I have fuzzy mullet style happening at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd at delivery drivers who leave confusing instructions.
    "signed for by neigh....2 playford"

The neighbour in number 2 isn't called Playford. So who has my frickin package?
    Sigh. Can't I just pick it up somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

TA'd when I go to the tumble dryer with a fresh load of clothes to find it full with a load I was too lazy to take out when they were done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

When you get a screenshot from someone and their battery is on 1 or 2%.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE LIVE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

When you pop into town to grab a few bits and you're in a mood where you just want to get in, get your stuff and get back to the cave without meeting anyone and along comes Wrecky McWreckhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Sitting in A&E starving and people coming in with Supermac's .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Sitting in A&E starving and people coming in with Supermac's .

Hope you are OK. Shannon..

I was just dozing off last night and the church bells started ringing at 11.30. WTF???
    Popped awake at 4.30 and could not go back to sleep. Got up to see off the teenager on a school trip at 6.30, and thought lovely, I'll hop back into bed for an hour and then the 4yr old got up. Fcukin wrecked now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA at being such a light sleeper. Every morning I get up I'm exausted from tossing and turning all night. Last night I woke up from my brother hitting the light switch outside my bedroom door, so of course had to come on boards and read all about missing people and unsolved murders. I want a better relationship with sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Mortpourvelo

Omackeral wrote: »
    How very festive!

It's a cyclist breaking the rules - exempt from Christmas cheer.

When you accidentally bump into somebody, for example, coming out of a doorway etc., nobody to blame just a coming together, and you say "sorry" instinctively as it's your reflex action to be polite, and the other person says "that's alright" with an air of superiority as if you're the one to blame! :mad:

I always say "my bad", even though it might be their fault!!! Hate when I do that!!!

Oh and TA - being told by my 9 year old niece that "no one says my bad anymore, just old people". ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Needing to give my boards.ie password, when I ALWAYS tick the keep-me-signed-in box.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

my TA this morning is car fog lights - yes it was foggy this morning but I had been traveling behind a car for at least 5 miles and then he decided to put on his fog lights!!!! I obviously had seen him as I hadn't crashed into him with the past 5 miles so he decided to blind me for the remainder of the journey just in case I forgot he was there....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Before I sat down at my desk today, I had answered about 200 questions and put out 3 or 4 'fires'. People were literally waiting for me to come into the building so they could get their issue sorted.
    Way too much dependency on me in this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Before I sat down at my desk today, I had answered about 200 questions and put out 3 or 4 'fires'. People were literally waiting for me to come into the building so they could get their issue sorted.
    Way too much dependency on me in this place.

You clearly da man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

"New users" creating sh1t and pointless threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is a woman here in work. You could tell her that your family has just been burned at the stake and she would, somehow, turn that in to a conversation about herself within seconds.
    Very self centred!

• Advertisement

Winterlong wrote: »
    There is a woman here in work. You could tell her that your family has just been burned at the stake and she would, somehow, turn that in to a conversation about herself within seconds.
    Very self centred!

Oh we all know them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I can't see out my right eye which means I'm getting a migraine.

I can't have a migraine today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

I can't see out my right eye which means I'm getting a migraine.

I can't have a migraine today :(

I feel you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I feel you.

Probably why she is getting a migraine

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I feel you.
    my3cents wrote: »
    Probably why she is getting a migraine

MOD There are rules in the opening post of this thread, please have a read of them. :)

My TA is that I am ashamed that this being AH that no one has suggested whoopsadoodles gets an eye patch and starts a transition to being a pirate. Yaarr.

I'm also annoyed that it's not lunch time yet but I am starving. I blame one of the kids for stealing a slice of toast on me this morning. No Santa this year for her.

Someone sends you a message to say hello and then disappears and it's only when you've completely forgotten about them that they text you back and they do this over and over basically making a conversation impossible. If you can't chat then don't bother with the intermittent messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I feel you.

Thankfully, I took all the drugs while I couldn't see and ended up with just a dull headache. If I get the pills in on time I sometimes avoid the worst pain.

I'm TA at lots of things today. It's been a fairly sh*tty day all round. Tomorrow will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

A girl I know has named her new baby "Mary".
    I don't care if she likes it or others do.
    I dont. It's old fashioned and hickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

I went to the cinema last night and someone sat in front of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

fussyonion wrote: »
    A girl I know has named her new baby "Mary".
    I don't care if she likes it or others do.
    I dont. It's old fashioned and hickey.

It's better than LilyMae-Darley Rose Koa Blu.

Slightly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement