Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have to get this off my chest.

There is a woman on facebook who keeps posting thanks whore-y pictures of herself - ok that in itself is TA but what makes it worse is she tries to disguise the fact that she is looking for attention by putting some bullshít quote underneath. So today we have a jumpsuit and D&G sunglasses and a full length pose and underneath "Be a good person but don't waste time proving it". Yesterday was her in a Herbal Essences waterfall type pose with "A negative mind will never give you a positive life" :( How sad and pathetic that a grown woman has to put poses of herself on FB every day just to get attention, and then try to hide what she is doing by pretending its actually a deep and philosophical comment on life. People slag me because my profile is a shrine to my dog...at least it's not a fúcking shrine to myself.

And even more TA are the muppet sheep who like and comment underneath telling her how beautiful she is and feeding into her seemingly ever decreasing ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^. "U OK HUN?

People describing themselves as public figures. Wtf Is that all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Haha, are you me? I had an argument with the washing machine the other day. Rubber seal thing doesn't always seal, so I thought I'd give out to it. Wife could hear me from the sitting room and came in and thought I was arguing with someone one the phone.
    I also give out to my laces, my radio, and the telly gets some awful treatment. There's bite barks in my playstation joy pad.

This made me laugh today. Thanks! :)
    My TA today: Just went to the post office on my lunch break to have a small package sent to the US, contents: 2 DNA swabs for my family history research.

Large queue building up, only one counter open. No-one talking, so it's VERY QUIET in there. Lady at counter asks me what's in the package. "Small items" I replied. I didn't want to say I had a package with swabs covered in slobber and squamous cell epithelium in front of everyone waiting.

"Oh" she says, raising an eyebrow, "but you have to declare it in case of customs." and gives me a small green sticker form to fill out.

Why not just say, "write the contents on this"? I didn't mind HER knowing the contents, she was going to see what I wrote on the sticker anyway - it was just the assembled line of motley strangers whom I didn't want knowing my business!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Bought a couple of cheap micro SD cards via ebay, from china. Didn't arrive so I messaged the sender, they offered to re-send, I said I'd prefer a refund. They didn't reply so I started a Paypal dispute. Then I noticed the seller hasn't any similar items listed, so how are they going to re-send?

TA I have to go to all this trouble; got my refund today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There is a roundabout where a junction used to be , leading into the road my mother lives on. The roundabout is just a painted red circle on the road. My heart is in my mouth approaching it, as several times traffic coming from the left has just kept going, I assume they haven't realised it's a roundabout. Then they are either giving me a friendly wave, (ah sure go on there you're grand , you've only just scared the sh1t outta me!) Or they are glaring at me like I'm in the wrong .
    Also while typing on my phone, the little flashing thingy that shows you where you are in a sentence , has completely disappeared for ages,so annoying :( And I swear now , just since I typed that last sentence, it's flashing at me again in a fetching shade of blue !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

cough
    https://www.nct-heidelberg.de/forschung/nct-core-services/nct

Nationalen Centrums für Tumorerkrankungen(NCT).

People that write/say NCT test...why not just say NCTd or NCT'd as the T means test, grrr.

Also today, a car driving along traffic lights are green but they (he/she) had the foot on the brake approaching them, but when they went orange accelerated, as im roaring GO ONNNNN, didn't work, I got stuck but seen same at the next set brake lights on then gone, whyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

selous wrote: »
    cough
    https://www.nct-heidelberg.de/forschung/nct-core-services/nct

Nationalen Centrums für Tumorerkrankungen(NCT).

People that write/say NCT test...why not just say NCTd or NCT'd as the T means test, grrr.

ATM machine.

Ordered contact lenses online. They said estimated day of delivery would be Friday. I wont be in work on Friday, I'll be at home studying, so I changed the delivery address to my home address so I wouldn't have to travel to the office Friday evening to collect the lenses for the weekend.

Sorted.

Placed order.

Email confirmation arrived.

"Your lenses will be dispatched on Wednesday and will arrive Thursday (to your home, when you're in work fúcker)"

ATM machine.

PIN number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

I'm going down to Tescos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

People saying Czechoslovakia.

Country hasn't existed in over two decades, get with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The prefix for mobile phone numbers O85 O86, nah sorry bud, try dialling it...it's 085-086 "O" is a letter not a number...
    but I'm not going to win that war, so I keep it recessed....until now....soo T'A'ing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I'm TA'd that the mods are allowing chat on this new no chat TA thread.

I'm also TA'd that my boss has gone on 2 weeks holidays, i've been left with a boatload of work I don't know a thing about, and I had made a point of making sure I knew what I needed to know before he left but was fobbed off with an "ah you'll be grand, there's nothing really on, you're up to speed with it all as it is". Enter all sorts of people asking for work that was promised and me staring blankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The prefix for mobile phone numbers O85 O86, nah sorry bud, try dialling it...it's 085-086 "O" is a letter not a number...
    but I'm not going to win that war, so I keep it recessed....until now....soo T'A'ing..

I make a point of saying zero eight seven but when they call it back to me it's always Oh eight seven :mad:

TA :mad: that I was knocked back for two positions because of lack of experience. STFU employers just STFU and give me an interview and you'll see how smokin' hot I am at being a great employee.

I'm TA'd that the mods are allowing chat on this new no chat TA thread.

I'm also TA'd that my boss has gone on 2 weeks holidays, i've been left with a boatload of work I don't know a thing about, and I had made a point of making sure I knew what I needed to know before he left but was fobbed off with an "ah you'll be grand, there's nothing really on, you're up to speed with it all as it is". Enter all sorts of people asking for work that was promised and me staring blankly.

TA'd I haven't seen any "chat"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

ATM machine.
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    PIN number
    valoren wrote: »
    I'm going down to Tescos
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA'd I haven't seen any "chat"

I'm getting less and less T'd and more A'd.

I'm TA'd that I had to make this post to highlight my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Those are more trivially annoying examples of redundant RAS sydnrome (Redundant acronym syndrome)

I give zero cipher null naught nought love nil nada zilch zip oh aught ought fOoks how someone says '0' but I do find it trivially ann0ying when any0ne c0rrects what I say t0 make a p0int when they knOw well what I meant!
    Language ev0lves zerover time and there's naught you can do about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When women claim ownership over jointly owned things.

For example, I saw a man on telly carrying a bucket of paint through the living room and the wife says "Don't get paint on my wooden floors!".
    YOUR wooden floors?
    They're solely yours, are they?
    Women claim ownership over everything in their home when it's NOT just theirs.

Also, women who take full control over planning their weddings.
    It's all about what SHE wants; where SHE wants to get married, what colour suit HE should wear, where the venue should be..etc.
    Don't be so fcuking selfish and giving us women a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The courier company GLS who had my seven boxes of books for the past six days in their warehouse in north Dublin and made no attempt to deliver.
    I drove 31 kms to their depot today and collected them.
    Excuses
    incomplete address (on seven individually addressed boxes!!!. All boxes are addressed perfectly)
    didn't have my phone number to "arrange" delivery (they did, they phoned me and left a message, I phoned back, no answer, left a message, nothing)

GLS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A great big boil has appeared in my face overnight, what the actual phuck!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

People saying Czechoslovakia.

Country hasn't existed in over two decades, get with the times.

They've changed it again though. Stop changing your name Czechia!* Have you been taking tips from Dingle or something?

(*My spellcheck clearly agrees, since it tried to correct that to Czech :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA when people keep interrupting me when I am trying to work - but I am also guilty of that so this is a sheepish TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

People who spend every waking moment whistling loudly and tunelessly. Give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who make stupid statements then refuse to engage when pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Speaking of whistling, people who think you want to hear them over the radio...

A bloke in work turns off the radio cos he 'doesn't that the song playing' only to then fill the room with his own music by (badly) whistling very loudly or singing some old forgotten Irish tune for everyone to hear.

one day I tell ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

TA'd that I have the haunting, yet oddly loveable, Glenroe theme stuck in my head since this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Sniffling, snuffling, hacking and throat clearing

Especially in close confines or public transport

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nah

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm getting less and less T'd and more A'd.

I'm TA'd that I had to make this post to highlight my point.

MOD
    They are all annoyances. Using the acronym 'TA' to prefix some back seat modding is not a genuine Trivial Annoyance.

Back to the topic and rulez pleaze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

god's toy wrote: »
    Speaking of whistling, people who think you want to hear them over the radio...

A bloke in work turns off the radio cos he 'doesn't that the song playing' only to then fill the room with his own music by (badly) whistling very loudly or singing some old forgotten Irish tune for everyone to hear.

one day I tell ya...

Work in a room of about 50 people, 98% use headphones.
    2% blare out ****e music, not just to themselves but loud enough for everyone.
    Makes my blood boil.

There are a group of people who are irritating to me, but one, holy ****, has she never heard of an inside voice?
    Getting worked up thinking about how I have to go back in tomorrow again now. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement