Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

When people cancel plans on the day, that were made weeks ago. I could have done something else instead. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's better than LilyMae-Darley Rose Koa Blu.

Slightly.

Read the end as Koola Boola :D

TA'd I'm not finished work yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I just accidentally marked all forums as read.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

It's a well established fact (Fact!) that the most annoying accent in Ireland is the South Dublin rindaboish/morketing/Rachel Allen accent (often sported by those who are not natives of South Dublin).

Why the holy sufferin' fúck do radio ad makers keep using VO artists with this accent then? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA I put a mini rant up as a story on my Snapchat instead of sending it to a private conversation. Awks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Also TA is those earphone things. Don't they make smaller ones? The standard Ines are way too big to fit in my ear so I have to hold them in with my fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

TA X TA

Internet warrior's, the need to post generally unnecessary negative rubbish on social media when they would never say such things to someone’s face.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

the mild weather is great but the house is uncomfortably warm when the heating is on, even at the lowest temperature, but too cold when the heating is off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Dermot & Dave, both trivial and highly annoying.

On that subject, why the feck are we getting this influx of unfunny double acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

fuucking companies taking money out of my account. turns out i had ''auto renewal'' on by default meaning they just take the subscription fee and THEN tell you. need the cash for christmas FFS. got it back though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Feeling off colour today. Not sick enough to be sick, not well enough to be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

A truly trivial thing that annoys me is when in a tv program or movie and they're in a car.. they have the head rests removed for the camera angle

completely takes me out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I wrote 18 Christmas cards to post and I feel pukey after licking 18 envelopes. Bleurrrgh!
    That should probably be 'tried to write" as I seem to have no pen control anymore, it slides all over on me. The amount of mistakes on the cards and envelopes is embarrassing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

It's been a week of me putting my foot in it and I'm usually pretty quick so it's really TAing me. Don't laugh but I sold something earlier that only a woman would wear and a man met me so I presumed he was collecting for someone else and launched into conversation saying "Sure it's not for yourself lol...you got caught to collect " and loads more...I thought he kinda brushed it off but it only struck me after that it was definitely for him and a follow on message kinda confirmed it...I feel both bad and mortified now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

TA'd ta Fúú¸k that theres not a chance in hell of it being a white Christmas!!

It was bloody 17 degrees the other day at one stage!! sun out and it's t-shirt & shorts weather (which I actually have seen people out in),
    Now this is all great in December, its warm, don't need the heating on as much...... but its almost Christmas!! give us a week of sub zero temperatures, with loads of snow, the full shebang!! just once in our lives.

Oh, to wake up on Christmas morning to grey skies and snow everywhere and falling for the rest of the day, NO, you get fecking Christmas mass & a Seoige sister on RTE while the bloody sun rises outside, and pr1cks out driving in their convertibles with the roof down!!!

We'll be like the blooming Aussies soon having Christmas Barbies on the beach!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When a lemon pip snakes it's way into your dinner and gets cooked along with it and then you end up eating it. That is one disgusting taste :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

73Cat wrote: »
    When a lemon pip snakes it's way into your dinner and gets cooked along with it and then you end up eating it. That is one disgusting taste :(

Can I just say that I love that you used "snake" as a verb. Class. Gonna start using that. So discriptive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

this bastarding phone which has now had to be wiped clean twice since I got it a month ago losing about 5 hours of faffing around with putting ****ing passwords in and downloading ****ing apps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

i hate to complain about it but fukk me its too hot! I spent the entire day sweating unattractively and I was in a tshirt and skirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My 3yo son got a hold of my new lipstick and mushed the tip of it! Don't get me wrong it isn't a mad expensive one but I love keeping the shape of a new lippy. Bah Humbug! It just seems like I can't even have teeny tiny things that are just for me.

My spare room looks like an episode of 'Hoarders' and I have guests coming on Sunday evening. I am not looking forward to dealing with it....

I haven't been out in months and could do with a good night out (and a long lie in after).

I think that I'm gonna stop there cos if I go on.... let's just say that it wouldn't be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Traffic this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Uneven floors/tables in restaurants or pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Every bloody time!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Charlie19 wrote: »

Just saw an article there about the woman who got 140K for falling on an uneven footpath!!! That is waaaay too much money.

I've just surpassed myself on the 'You're really special' front. I dropped in to get diesel today and while at it I decided to take out my multidraw Euromillions ticket and do it conscious that the last one had run out or, at best, had perhaps another draw left and I'd have two different tickets. Put it in my pocket and thought no more of it until I checked my tickets a moment ago... when the numbers on both tickets looked remarkably similar - precisely the same, in fact. Back in the 80s there was a very apposite term for somebody who'd do something like this: space cadet, as in 'That lad's some space cadet.'

In the decidedly unlikely event of two tickets sharing the jackpot and one of them is mine it would be a really special moment claiming it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

people who don't have a tv licence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just saw an article there about the woman who got 140K for falling on an uneven footpath!!! That is waaaay too much money.

Unless it was uneven by about six feet on poorly lit avenue, But yep insurance claims are absolutely ridiculous in this country.
    mansize wrote: »
    people who don't have a tv licence

and what the majority of the paid licence fees goes towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People who persist in trying to get me to dance at functions. I was at a 40th tonight and this one person just would not take no for an answer! I DON'T DO DANCING!!!!
    I also wasn't drinking so that made me doubly suspicious.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Samsgirl, your post just made me feel less alone... :)

My TA is, why is it that when you drop a pin you can never find it, unless you're barefoot?!? (Ouch!!) :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

When people you ring ordering stuff for work put you hold to laugh/mock at your accent,

But don't do it properly and you can hear them in the background :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shower of cnuts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement