Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

People who never wash their coats/jackets. The last few times I used the luas I always ended up standing next to someone wearing a rancid jacket. That smell absolutely takes your breath away, so disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone long and lanky drives my car, moves my car seat so far back I may as well be sitting in the back seat, and when mirrors and everything that you had set absolutely perfect are all changed and distorted

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When somebody really short drives my car and i have to snap my legs off at the knee to get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

Women who refer to cars as "she"
    &
    Women who talk about premiership football

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Assholes who ignore the "Room in use" sign and barge into the room where I'm pumping.

• Advertisement

Bedroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Dealing with Vodafone. I called their customer support and they tell me that to save my time they can call me back when the next agent is available. Fair enough.
    10 mins later I get that call and they put me in a queue for 10 mins before I get to actually speak to someone.

Then later in the day I call in to a shop and pick up a new sim. Get home, call them to get my sim transferred over....and it turns out that the new sim is already activated in someone else's name.

Anyone got a number for 3?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Endless mummy memes and long rants on Facebook about not being able to get much sleep after having a baby. There are a few recent mothers on my flist and stuff like this is all they ever post. I get that it's not easy for them, but this is really a bit much. Still better though than the one who posted a status update every time her baby did a particularly big/messy poo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

A woman has been awarded €25k for slipping on bird sh1t in a bar she was working in, at a train station in Dublin.

€25k!
    Twenty Five Thousand Euro!!

Or.

156 years worth of TV Licences.
    52, 325.5 Chicken McNuggets.
    8,060 trips through the M50 toll with no tag.
    22,222 cans of Dutch Gold.
    385 Giant (4.5kg - 1,039Ft) of Toblerones.

I need a personal injury claim!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Pub toilets where the hot tap is jammed tight. Stingy publicans who are too mean to supply basic hot water for washing hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    DPD: Your package has been delivered
    Me: Yay! Where's the package?
    DPD: Neighbour in number 2 has it.
    Me: Spends 4 days trying to catch neighbour number 2 in the house. Finally catch them last night at half 10. Disturb the poor girl in her pyjamas to ask about the package. Nope. No package there.
    Me: DPD you lying sacks of sh*t, my package isn't at number 2. Where is my package?
    DPD:...........................................................

GAH!!!!

I had one similar

DPD text to say package had been delivered. Got home, no package. So sign of package. No delivery docket. Gave it a day, just in case. No delivery driver. Rang the depo and they got driver to ring me.

Me: No package!
    Driver: yes package! Is round at the back door! Left it there meself!
    Me: No package. *walks round own house 40 million times while on the phone to driver and look everywhere*
    Driver: Defo left it there. Remember doing it.
    Me: well Mr Driver, it's not here. And I paid for package to be delivered to me, not left up against the door.
    Driver: Shur always leave things up against door for you! You said to!!
    Me: Did not Mr Liar Driver! Did absolutely not!!
    Driver: *big sigh* I'll call round and show you where I left it!

DING DONG

Driver: I.....um.....I....well....I did leave it against the door. Of that house up the road. Oops.

Couldn't be cross. He was so cute. And he went and rescued my 12kg of cat food from the neighbours.

TA that that story was far cuter if you were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

dd972 wrote: »
    Soccer 'expert' Pat Dolan's sh!t accent, your're of Irish stock and have been back here over 20 years, why would you want to talk like that?, get rid of it.

Kinda reminds me of Arsene Wenger, living how long in London working with Arsenal, still has his French accent,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Couples snapping the head off each other and arguing in front of kids.
    Inused to get so stressed out as a kid if my parents were angry with each other, so feel bad for a child standing in the same room as his parents sniping lumps out of each other.

Hold off the petty sniping until you're not in my company or your child's company. Fighting over absolutely nothing, just any excuse to kick off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

miezekatze wrote: »
    Endless mummy memes and long rants on Facebook about not being able to get much sleep after having a baby. There are a few recent mothers on my flist and stuff like this is all they ever post. I get that it's not easy for them, but this is really a bit much. Still better though than the one who posted a status update every time her baby did a particularly big/messy poo!

This is the worst....If it's that much bother give em up for adoption and not clog my Facebook feed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My legs were so itchy last night that I couldn't sleep and I took an antihistamine in pure desperation. The itching stopped but I have been like a zombie all day after it, I forgot how they effect me sometimes. Can't fcukin win :(

Came home from work and herself had got a book on Irish baby names for the impending leanbh. My God, there are some complete charlatans writing those books. Page after page was peppered with inaccuracy as if the writer in question spent an entire weekend online cobbling together all sorts of rubbish spouted by all sorts of ignorami.

Leaving aside the myth that Sean [sic] is 'the Irish for John' (it's actually from Norman-French Jehan and was brought to Ireland by the Normans), apparently 'Tyrone' is now an 'Irish baby name', as is 'Shanley', 'Quinn', 'Dillon',
    'Lee' and 'Corey'....

Fúcking hell. Talk about a bastardisation of our tradition and actual Irish names. Call them what they are - English names - and stop demeaning the Irish tradition and offending our conscientiousness of it by attempting to pass this meaningless shíte off as 'Irish'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Still have no kitchen. So tired of eating the wrong foods and paying too much to eat :(

Arty types, vegans & Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

When you're trying to read comments on a youtube video and 'Up Next' has other ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you're trying to read comments on a youtube video and 'Up Next' has other ideas.

TA at this. And Facebook doing the same with their 'features''

''hi users, let us tell you what you want, and make pointless changes regardless of what you really want''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Facebook with "Good Afternoon, Maggie". Lookit, I know you're not a real person, I'm not that thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

madmaggie wrote:
    Facebook with "Good Afternoon, Maggie". Lookit, I know you're not a real person, I'm not that thick.

That drives me mad.."Stay dry Colser,rain is forecast"..ah f* off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

STOOPID ASS EFFING STOOPID VOLUME keeps vanishing and I keep having to sign out and back in again to get it back. And while I'm here. The stoopid pictures,well some of them on the screen, that keep changing, when I turn on Computer and log in. I'm currently looking at a big effer/Heiffer of a wolf or something with a big growly face on him. Stoopid a$$ technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

not being able to go back to sleep :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People saying uni when they mean college. Die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I burnt my porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Was fully sure that last night's episode of the Walking Dead was episode 7 and there'd be another episode to look forward to next week. Next episode is in February apparently.

Facebook told me I liked 53 things this year. Does this make me a grinch or am I just really hard to impress?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Websites with Auto-play videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Went for a bit of a run last night to totally tire myself out and sweat out a lot of the weekend badness......my thighs are like concrete today tho :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Wowbagger

People at an atm where there is a queue, the finish their transaction on one card and then take out another one for a second transaction. If you are going to do that , get to the back of the queue you barsteward!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement