Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

One TA since half ten this morning, WTF!

This thread is gone to bollocks!

Cmon the fcuk....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

One of the dipped light bulbs is gone again. I'm sick of changing the fúcking things at 7 quid a pop. Every 6-8 months one goes and I scrape the shíte out of my hands trying to fit them into spaces Donald Trump couldn't get his hands into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Whoever is in charge of the climate control in our office must be just back from a trip to the tropics. They have the place roasting here. Like a sauna without the relaxation bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote:
    Cmon the fcuk....

OK so..

Moody work colleague..I'm finished with her and her drama.

Teenager constantly changing the station on the car radio and asking why dafuq they're all playing Christmas music.

Teenager cursing when I still barely curse in front of my own parents.

Having to jam on the brakes twice in a very short journey because of complete assholes.

Making a lovely dinner but they're not hungry yet they have cereal and walk away without putting the bowls in the dishwasher.

People who walk through the house without wiping their shoes on the mat.

Going out but don't want to get ready.

I'll be back...😨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Colser wrote: »
    cursing ..
    curse..
    I get TA'd when people say "cursing" when they mean "swearing".

When you say a swear word it's swearing. When you are a witch doctor and you put a curse on somebody it's cursing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

gramar wrote: »
    One of the dipped light bulbs is gone again. I'm sick of changing the fúcking things at 7 quid a pop. Every 6-8 months one goes and I scrape the shíte out of my hands trying to fit them into spaces Donald Trump couldn't get his hands into.

Megane?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I get TA'd when people say "cursing" when they mean "swearing".

You're in the right thread so...

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Megane?

Christ no! Bit annoyed you'd even think that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Listening to Newstalk yesterday and I think is was a Garda rep, defending the work on Sunday allowance of a few 000k p.a,
    He says, they are entitled to it because they are working on a Sunday when "everybody else is at home with their families"......hmmm.
    Has he never seen shops, pubs, petrol stations, open, or who does he think has them open..
    I don't mind them getting unsocial hour allowances, but that was a nonsensical argument for them and annoying, I changed station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The dirt on mushrooms and how Goddamn hard it is to get it off.
    I bought 6 bottles of wine to give as Christmas presents a week or so ago. I have to replace two.
    How I turn into a calorie guzzling machine in December, eating all the sweet things and the odd sneaky afternoon glass of port. My mantra is "calories don't count in December" I'm going to be rolled into the New Year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    I use a new toothbrush just for cleaning mushrooms, and a soft plastic scouring pad for washing potatoes.

My TAs for today:
    • People who get stupid questions wrong in quiz shows;
    • PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE INDICATORS!!!;
    • People who ask you to get them something from the shops or the chemist's, and then short change you when they pay you back (ok, I know it's not much, but €25.90 is NOT €25, especially when you make a habit of it!);
    • When your browser freezes and crashes when you're watching a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

New Home wrote:
    My TAs for today: PEOPLE WHO DO NOT USE INDICATORS!!!

Same here but even more annoying is people who use indicators too early. Stopping at an uncontrolled intersection mid run because someone is indicating to turn only to watch them sail on by without turning....grr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Glitter on cards and wrapping paper.

Glitter now all over the house, my clothes and in my hair :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

**** glitter. there was a girl flinging glitter at people the other night and I told her i'd be sprinkling it onto her grave if she got it on me. She didn't find it funny which is a shame because I was half joking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Really looking forward to poached egg on avocado this evening, cut open the avocado to find it had rotted from the inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Pointless Facebook friends, cut almost 1/3! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Pain in the hole over opinionated people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭TanFlash

Boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

My car is going in for NCT tomorrow. Which means most of the evening was spent in the annual 'Where the hell did I put the log book?!' panicked searching.

If the poor thing manages to make it through (16 years old and almost 270,000 miles on the clock :eek:), this will be followed by the farcical ceremony of 'Now this time I'm going to leave the log book somewhere safe so it's easy to find' that I also do every damn year. :(

You don't need logbook? Just ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

If one of the kids unplugs my charging phone to charge theirs without plugging mine back in when they've finished, again, then they will both be spending Christmas at the Workhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Wrapping Christmas presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

writing Christmas cards
    running out of the usual clichés that go on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

TanFlash wrote: »

It's a TA that you are supposed to have the VLC with you, but might not need it, depending on the tester at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TanFlash wrote: »

Nope, they always ask for mine and their website says you do.

(I just checked, because I would have been seriously annoyed with myself if I had been doing my annual ransacking for nothing :D)

Never got asked for one, strange and have nct hundreds of cars

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When you get stuck near someone on an escalator or lift who is wearing a really smelly jacket. An absolute stinker in the tube station beside work this morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Going Forward.- I don't know how those two words used together grate my gears. They seem to be ridiculous buzzwords with no meaning. Some plonker on the news seems to have had a bet to get them into the interview as much as possible. "Following Brexit going forward, blah blah blah, mass immigration going forward..." Unless we get our hands on a time machine what other way are we going? :mad:

Going Forward.- I don't know how those two words used together grate my gears. They seem to be ridiculous buzzwords with no meaning. Some plonker on the news seems to have had a bet to get them into the interview as much as possible. "Following Brexit going forward, blah blah blah, mass immigration going forward..." Unless we get our hands on a time machine what other way are we going? :mad:

A friend used the words 'touch base' in a msg about meeting over Christmas. Not if uses that kinda language we won't be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jealous girls

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement