Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Rain rain go away and do not come back until I am tucked up in bed.
    Ta.

Stingey toilet paper dispensers, the ones that give you one tiny sheet at a time.

When I encounter this problem, I make a point of taking more than I need just to get back at the dispenser.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

gramar wrote: »
    A friend used the words 'touch base' in a msg about meeting over Christmas. Not if uses that kinda language we won't be.

Ah lighten up, they just wanted 'to get the ball rolling', 'so to speak'

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Google has hideously redesigned Google Sites App, now called the 'New Google Sites', with a new interface and everything..
    As a Google Site owner, this is a new world of pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm in awful form cos I didn't make it to the gym today and I'm annoyed that it's annoyed me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

gramar wrote: »
    One of the dipped light bulbs is gone again. I'm sick of changing the fúcking things at 7 quid a pop. Every 6-8 months one goes and I scrape the shíte out of my hands trying to fit them into spaces Donald Trump couldn't get his hands into.

That sounds alright to me. To change my front bulbs (Hyundai i30) you need to remove the battery and/or radiator depending on which side. More than TA, needing to go to a mechanic to replace a bulb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

when they 'serve' empty cups of whatever in movies.. as if they could not put a coffee or tea in, or that we cannot see the cups are empty :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Drank too much coffee and now my nerves are shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I got a new phone. Mobile data was on by default. I used €17 worth of credit in one day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Training Logs forum on boards.ie, I look at the front page to see if theres any interesting new threads and I have to keep reading these stupid titles over and over again, nobody cares about you managed to do a bit of jogging, good for you, wish there was a way to put a whole board on ignore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Use of the word 'Oz'.

Oz is a fictional land with a yellow brick road.

On the other hand 'Aus' is short for Australia where many unemployed plumbers go to disgrace themselves in Offaly jerseys.

If you think you 'spent a year in Oz' it was all in your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

People gorging themselves on food around this time of year. Especially the desperate shoppers who just have to get the deal on a box of Taytos or buy 500 selection boxes (yeah, I'm talking about Lidl). I ended up there this morning and the sheer greed and gluttony was annoying, but mainly depressing. I felt sorry for the cashiers and the floor staff with the vultures circling. Bloody pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I'm 34 and 11/12, and I still can't drag my sorry ass out of bed on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Soup spoons in with the dessert spoons

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Thargor wrote: »
    The Training Logs forum on boards.ie, I look at the front page to see if theres any interesting new threads and I have to keep reading these stupid titles over and over again, nobody cares about you managed to do a bit of jogging, good for you, wish there was a way to put a whole board on ignore...

Mod:

Do not slag off other forums

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Moving office:

Dirty hands from dirty files
    Archiving 90 year old files (seriously) that should've been archived a million years ago
    Broken nails
    Keep trying to use my footrest even though I've packed it away
    Having to go to my crate 10 times a day for things I've already packed up
    Heavy boxes breaking my back
    Paper cuts
    Things just about not fitting in the crate
    Office has become an obstacle course
    Office has become a serious fire hazard - I'm dead if this place sparks up.
    Bins are all full

When you have to wake up the super cute little cailín in her sleep next to you, with her little hand resting on you, at 7am... and bring a world of turmoil upon yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Very trivial but this requirement for a college project submission:
    Both documents in word format (.doc or .docx). If you're using Text Edit or Open Office, use the "Save As..." Dialogue to pick the correct file format.

WHY can I not submit in pdf?????????????????????????????????????????????

So I have to run the tex file through htlatex to make it into html formatting, then go find a copy of microsoft word, open that file and save it as docx? All because this person for some undisclosed reason does not accept pdfs?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People typing lol at things that aren't remotely funny at all. It's like they're just using it as a form of punctuation. Lol in general is just sh*t actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I, without fail, forget at least one thing every time I go shopping.
    Every. Fcukin. Time .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The Dunnes vouchers "One More Thing" 100 Metre dash. - You stand behind someone that SLOWLY unloads her trolley and has a conversation about little Placenta playing the part of a star in the nativity play. 17 minutes later she is told, "€46.50 there Grainne, would you like to grab something to take it over the 50." BANG and she's off, down by the paper towels and out of sight reappearing 3 minutes later with a Toblerone and an Airwick scented candle.

Can I go now, my NCT is up soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

73Cat wrote: »
    I, without fail, forget at least one thing every time I go shopping.
    Every. Fcukin. Time .

Did that last time I went out. Forgot the item at the top of the list that was the main reason for the shopping trip. I had it written down in front of me, and I still walked out without it.

Very trivial but this requirement for a college project submission:

WHY can I not submit in pdf?????????????????????????????????????????????

So I have to run the tex file through htlatex to make it into html formatting, then go find a copy of microsoft word, open that file and save it as docx? All because this person for some undisclosed reason does not accept pdfs?

Do they need to edit/make comments on it? That can't be done on pdf. Also just google free pdf word convertor convert pdf to word in about 10 seconds and you're sorted.

TA: the little fecker who I was just talking with who, when I told him I've another kid on way next week, laughed and told me about his "grown-up children" who are... 9 and 10... and how "my work is done now but you're fúcked for the next few years at least...".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Really fed up of being half sick, half well. I'll go to wash the floor, after two minutes I'm wrecked. Trivial, but annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Some idiot cut in front of me on a roundabout and I ended up being right behind him after slamming on the brakes, but there was a really cute dog in his boot looking out at me and I couldn't beep him like he deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My own doziness ... making coffee in work this morning. Poured the hot water from the kettle and proceeded to try to put said kettle back in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

scdublin wrote: »
    Some idiot cut in front of me on a roundabout and I ended up being right behind him after slamming on the brakes, but there was a really cute dog in his boot looking out at me and I couldn't beep him like he deserved!

Coming out of work there are two lanes down to a roundabout but only one lane on the first exit. Most days you'll get a few cars flying past on the outside and then nipping in to take the first exit. Yesterday I had two cars ahead of me and saw some tit in his golf coming up behind looking to do just that. I closed the gap on the cars in front and he was left in the middle of the roundabout like a spa as myself and a few more behind me filed though.
    A small but satisfactory triumph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA 1 Smothered with a cold, still. I've had it forever, but it's on my chest now.
    TA 2 had a spicy curry for lunch and now my nose is like a tap
    TA 3 I blew my running nose and there was a huge loud squeak in my right ear which cut the heart clean out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Adverts.ie. Over the last few days I've had the following:
    -Person made an offer, I accepted, we arranged collection. I waited at home at the arranged time, no show. No more contact after that.
    -Listed multiple items as a set, got several offers for individual items only. Gah! There are like 20 cheap-ish items, it's not worth my while to sell them separately, just buy the lot!
    -Listed something at a reasonable price, got a 'cheeky offer' for half that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fúcking twats who, whether it be on the 'Daniel Day', train, Bus or even with a lift try to get on/in before other people get off/out.

Dopey fúcking cúnts the lot of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement