Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

spotted those ready dinners in dunnes. It was a roast dinner, i think, bit of meat and veg, the meat was some sort of beef/lamb and was the most grey, miserable looking excuse of a meal you could ever see. I bet it even tastes like depression and singledom.

now i've nothing against ready meals as I'm a consumer of them myself, but for a roast, I'd want the real, home cooked thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When you send someone a message on Snapchat, whatsapp etc and they don't reply. Talk to them in person and they say they didn't get it. It says if they have read/opened it. Bloody liars. Hate them all.

Tl:Dr = liars

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

(Unless they opened but got distracted by something else and didn't read it, or unless someone else took their phone, and read and deleted said message...)

My TAs for today:

1. When your nails are slightly longer than usual and you use nail clippers to trim them, the blades bend your nail a bit before actually cutting it and your nail is quite sore. (It IS trivial)

2. The Hum. The Hum is real, folks, and it's torture (and before anyone suggests it, it's not tinnitus, this is a much different sound/vibration).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When I want to listen to music but I don't know what I want to listen to and nothing I put on feels right.

I'm also annoyed at the thought of dress shopping after work tomorrow and all of the annoyances that come with it - being pounced on by floor staff the second I enter the shop, having to pick through a bunch of glittery, poofy, gaudy sh1te to find a few half decent or genuinely lovely dresses that I don't like when I try them on, having to fuss with changing room curtains or doors that never seem to close properly, leaving with a hope-for-the-best dress and then despairing because I'll now have to go looking for shoes, tights, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

New Home wrote:
    2. The Hum. The Hum is real, folks, and it's torture (and before anyone suggests it, it's not tinnitus, this is a much different sound/vibration).

I've read about that,what do you think it is ?

I've a fibre optic tree in the house and it makes a humming sound,it's barely audible and no-one here notices it but it's driving me mad.I hate low level noise and can't even listen to the air con in the car,very TAing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Colser wrote: »
    I've read about that,what do you think it is ?

I've a fibre optic tree in the house and it makes a humming sound,it's barely audible and no-one here notices it but it's driving me mad.I hate low level noise and can't even listen to the air con in the car,very TAing.

To me it feels like a vibration that gets inside the base of your ears, but the sound of the vibration is a bit like a speaker left on with no source of music on. I think it's probably some unofficial underground digging/fracking/what have you, but then again, I'm pretty paranoid.

Another TA: That anti-mice "ultrasonic"-like sound the electricity meter is producing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People thinking they can say whatever they want to you and it won't matter.
    Opened a bottle of wine and can't drink it.
    Don't want to go to bed cos then I'll have to get up early and move.
    Bags. Bags everywhere.
    No smokes to make it all go away.

New Home wrote:
    Another TA: That anti-mice "ultrasonic"-like sound the electricity meter is producing.

I'm absolutely terrified of mice but I have one of those anti_mice things in the garage and I think I'd prefer to risk a mouse infestation at this stage..that sound would drive you insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Clickbait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Amazon and it's X-mas overload / slow down. Ordered on the 10th it says its all set for delivery on the 15th-19th, It's now the 16th, its not dispatched but yet and it still says 'On time- then, Preparing for Dispatch

A computer system needs a good slap if it cant see what's wrong there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Half one this morning, very nearly asleep when suddenly I get a notification from Youtube that someone is live streaming. Then I ended up watching so only got about 2 hours sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

god's toy wrote: »
    Amazon and it's X-mas overload / slow down. Ordered on the 10th it says its all set for delivery on the 15th-19th, It's now the 16th, its not dispatched but yet and it still says 'On time- then, Preparing for Dispatch

A computer system needs a good slap if it cant see what's wrong there.

I ordered something in the end of November and it kept saying on time - expected delivery on Dec 1. Once that date passed it no longer said on time, just expected delivery on Dec 1! Got it eventually though, about a week later.

TA that my clothes are all wet now from the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Got the boiler service with Bord Gais back in July. They had a special offer where you get a €20 Tesco voucher to lessen the pain of paying the bill. Still no sign of the voucher, and I've just sent them their 6th reminder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

TA'd that Nicky Byrne got another presenting job...

Cant be listening to that voice any more:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

SAMTALK wrote: »
    TA'd that Nicky Byrne got another presenting job...

Cant be listening to that voice any more:(

I see or hear Nicky Byrne for about 5 mins a year but I still find him to be an annoying cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can't stop sneezing :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 ck_fluffy_32

TanFlash wrote: »
    Guys from Ireland that refer to British soccer clubs that they "support" as "we"

People who call football "soccer" whilst calling GAA "football" when you can use your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

People who call football "soccer" whilst calling GAA "football" when you can use your hands.

We'll just throw American Football in there too, for balance.

We'll just throw American Football in there too, for balance.

Another one!!!

The only sport that people change the name FROM football is the only one where you can't use your hands.

And TA - GAA. Most pointless "games" on the planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

People who say 'silly o'clock' or 'stupid o'clock'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

People who say 'silly o'clock' or 'stupid o'clock'

I do that all the time!

I do that all the time!

I've just said it now about a 7am flight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Queueing up for a subway in college and having to be behind a swarm of secondary school kids who don't know how to queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Wrapping presents that don't come in a perfectly rectangular box.

Posting the above T.A in the someone unusual you fancy thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

The abbreviation TA. It's a thread, not a subculture. It doesn't need its own ****ing jargon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stay the f*ck out of the f*cking Christmas tree stupid f*cking cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I love my dog dearly and gave him some liver for breakfast but now he is floating air biscuits that are making me light-headed. I think he is single paw-edly trying to rip a new hole in the ozone layer.

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Stay the f*ck out of the f*cking Christmas tree stupid f*cking cats.

I shouldn't laugh but..ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Colser wrote: »
    I shouldn't laugh but..ðŸ˜

It's the shediest of the shedy trees as well so as soon as the little f*ckers go near it, it sheds loads of needles all over the floor.

I think it's time to burn the house down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

My Cat eats Xmas lights. Stupid thing still haven't learned three years on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement