Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A guy I'm friends with copies nearly everything i do for his girlfriend.

He asked me "about those dangly yokes" I wear. I tell him my Alex and ani bracelets. Next thing I'm inundated with snapchats from him of ones he's buying her.

Brought her to my fav hotel after I mentioned being there and how good the bridal suite was. Requested the suite.

I mentioned how much I loved a certain set of body products, guess what? He bought her lots of it for Xmas.

I wouldn't mind so much if we had similar styles. We don't. She's hoodies, runners and jeans. I'm dresses/skirts and heels. She prefers cross body bags, I love big huge fit the kitchen sink into them handbags. For her birthday, guess what he ordered? A huge bag from river island after I said it was nice.

It's so annoying, it's really bothering me but i know it shouldn't.

You're so glam and awesome and cool, that's why he's obviously copying you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

A guy I'm friends with copies nearly everything i do for his girlfriend.

He asked me "about those dangly yokes" I wear. I tell him my Alex and ani bracelets. Next thing I'm inundated with snapchats from him of ones he's buying her.

Brought her to my fav hotel after I mentioned being there and how good the bridal suite was. Requested the suite.

I mentioned how much I loved a certain set of body products, guess what? He bought her lots of it for Xmas.

I wouldn't mind so much if we had similar styles. We don't. She's hoodies, runners and jeans. I'm dresses/skirts and heels. She prefers cross body bags, I love big huge fit the kitchen sink into them handbags. For her birthday, guess what he ordered? A huge bag from river island after I said it was nice.

It's so annoying, it's really bothering me but i know it shouldn't.

It's probably a compliment more than anything else. He thinks you're stylish and wants his girlfriend to look more like you! If it was me I probably wouldn't be able to resist playing around with it though. Tell him something absolutely hideous is gorgeous and see what he does!

My TA is loud, annoying co-workers. One of the employees from the New York office has come to stay for a few weeks and she's the loudest, most brash and annoying American I've ever met. It's just non-stop chatter and absolutely no filter. You can hear her from halfway down the street and she sits right across from me in what is a pretty small office space.

She's also this interesting mix of super loud and showy with being totally unfriendly and obnoxious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Omackeral wrote:
    I'll be in work and Christmas eve and Christmas day, you'll be grand

#pray4Omackeral

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Pac1Man wrote: »
    When you start to eat a bag of Doritos (or the equivalent Aldi brand for the peasants among us), the length of each crisp is directly proportional to the amount of dip that is available within the upper half of the jar.

As you make headway into the bag, the fully formed crisps in the upper half are replaced by the broken excuses for 'Doritos' in the lower half. These half sized crisps are now also directly proportional to the amount of dip that is left in the jar.

This causes me to rub my fingers against the inner sections of the jar while trying to reach the fruitful bottom, which leaves an unavoidable mess.

Sigh. My life is a joke.

I usually empty the broken ones into the dip then eat the rest with a spoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mewe wrote: »
    #pray4Omackeral

1 thank = 1 prayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got a missed call from a courier on Saturday and a text from them saying they had a parcel for me and would I contact them. I rang him back and got no reply. I hadn't ordered anything so I was thinking all weekend, what lovely person has gone out of their way to buy me something and have it sent? Rang the bloke today and it turns out it was something I bought for someone and had my number attached to the delivery and they were contacting me about that. What a bloody let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I have a calender and two wall planners in my room and they will all be irrelevant in lest than two weeks. It's trivial because I always use the one on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Went to the gym, came home to an open box of celebrations on the kitchen table and ate approximately 2,456 of them. Why bother like! TA'd by feck all willpower this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

beks101 wrote: »
    Went to the gym, came home to an open box of celebrations on the kitchen table and ate approximately 2,456 of them. Why bother like! TA'd by feck all willpower this time of year.

It's the beauty of this time of year. You can shove all sorts of crap in to your body and be guilt free.
    January sucks. So you may as well leave the healthy living til then. A bit more miserableness in January will not be noticed.

(I will be back in January TA'ed about my big new belly)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Christ why do Lidl use grey/black paving bricks against a red background to mark parking spaces? You can't see the damn spaces at night especially if you are reversing. Nothing wrong with a bit of white paint ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The Opel insignia add,with the German guy booting from the left lane over to the right lane, no indicator, tailgates the car in front (at 60mph) lets his autonomous follow assist brake for him, next thing he's booting over to take the exit on the left at the last minute, again no indicators, so much for promoting road safety, tsk tsk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,724 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When you're knackered and get into bed, and it's nice and cool on your feet... until that part of the bed heats up.. then you move them to another part... until you run out of cold parts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was rushing around this evening and ran into my mothers cousin who asked me if I was ok and if I had eaten as I was very pale. I assured her I was fine. Later on as I walked around Tesco my head became very fuzzy and dizzy. All evening I'm freezing, my mil has gas on all evening and on a timer for tonight. Everyone else is complaining of the heat but I'm shivering, and cold to touch. Now I'm in bed with a thumping headache :(

So frustrating and annoying if I end up with flu on the busiest week of year. Cannot afford to get sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I have loads of clothes to get dry and the leg of the clothes horse just snapped.

Right now it's doing a dogdy balancing act against the radiator.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Olishi4 wrote: »
    I have loads of clothes to get dry and the leg of the clothes horse just snapped.

Right now it's doing a dogdy balancing act against the radiator.

I had 2 legs break within a couple of days of each other once. I had to balance it on chairs until I could get a replacement.

This morning my daughter came in to wake me up to tell me she was hungry. Grand I says and started to get out of bed.....until I looked at the time - 5:19
    I told her to go down and make her own brekkie and wake mammy if she needs anything. ;)
    I didn't get back asleep though. :(

People spitting on the street. Even if I'm far away in a car and see someone do it I'm livid, never mind when it lands at my feet.

I was rushing along the street this morning when this aul lad was sauntering on ahead of me. He was to my right just as I was about to walk past him, just as I was about to pass him he turned to his left and hacked and spat RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Ain't nobody got time fo that. I couldn't help himself, I lost my sh1t. I asked him what the ****?! and hold him that was disgusting, and he was disgusting. He was rough as hell too.
    Then he tells me if I call him disgusting again he'd "give me a smack". It'll take a lot more than a vile coffin dodger to put the fear in me in that temper so I said it again, but he did nothing about it.
    It was that close to me that I could see it was clear and stringy, and I have bad eyesight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Christmas time is like sunday drivers heaven. Do people really think it is ok to do 60 on a 120 KPH motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liketochat

When a person spends what feels like forever trying to say something.....the sentence been full of "emmms"   "Awwws" and grunting, basically making aload of noise but saying absolutely nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liketochat

When a person spends what feels like forever trying to say something.....the sentence been full of "emmms"   "Awwws" and grunting, basically making aload of noise but saying absolutely nothing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

The person who attempts to turn right on a small roundabout, having approached in the left hand lane, thereby cutting me off. Okay mildly annoying, but then to have the audacity to have a "Be Careful! Baby on board!" thing on the window waving at me as I drove behind them just sent me into a blind fit of rage.

Another person on a roundabout, who has made their way onto the roundabout (again a small one) only to stop in the middle of the lane in order to let a car from their LEFT onto the roundabout. Grr.

People on roundabouts in general is my TA.

Actually scratch that, just people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

had to send phone back for repair, even though it never worked right, and cost 679 euro, IMO should be a straight replacement and they can repair the phone if they want to and sell it as a refurb. I don't see why I should buy something new and end up with a refurb? Even if I owned it before, it was faulty so now I'm going to have a phone that clearly has something wrong with it and spent several hours a day uncomfortably hot while it restarted over and over on its own, so the battery is probably going to be ****ed within 6 months.

the guy also nearly pushed the home button through the other side of the phone while attempting to get it to turn on, his hand shaking and going white at the fingers pushing so hard on all the buttons. that'll probably ****ing brake 3 days after the warranty runs out too

trivially annoying:

people saying not to buy stuff online. the shops won't be there much longer if you don't use them. what happens if the phone breaks.

I'll tell you what happens if the phone breaks, amazon ship you out a new one no questions asked, three ask you to take them to small claims court if you want to refuse a repair on a 679 euro phone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,724 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Inane questions asked by radio/TV presenters.

Shane Coleman on newstalk this morning after the incident in Berlin to a journalist there.

"So what's the mood like in Berlin right now?"

Wtf do you think it's like ffs!

People with no concept of appointment times.
    Also people in general. My friend is working with me today. I went on my lunch but my phone was dying, I made a joke better charge my phone or I won't be coming back to work on time (at all). She said "yes you will, you'll be back really soon because town is busy and you hate people". I wasn't even around the corner from work when I though - can't be dealing with these today, and went back to chill out for my lunch in peace and quiet. TA that it's so busy and that she was right, even when she was joking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I think as one matures, one becomes less susceptible to trivial annoyances. That said, I do not like blasphemy or drunken behavior or other peoples cigarette smoke. Smokers should be aware that a non smoker can smell their smoke even if they are only driving behind you on the motorway with the windows closed.

Overly courteous drivers used to annoy me but now I graciously accept their gestures and proceed at a leisurely pace without any haste whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just as I predicted. A Christmas card arrived today addressed to my father. He died almost 4 years ago. Christmas card comes every year from 'Finbarr and Elizabeth'. I have no idea who these people are, no surname, address or phone number. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

liketochat wrote: »

Newstalk from 2 - 4 pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Accidentally clicked on some crap called Toddlers and Tiaras. Are people f*ckin stupid parading their kids around like that?? And why are the mums all fat munters . Trying to over compensate for their own ugliness or what? One of the mothers is freaking out because there's a swim suit competition and she forgot the swimsuit. A swimsuit competition for toddlers? F*ck the f*ck off and when you get there f*ck off some more!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Those stupid basket/trolley yokes everyone uses now. Like sorry but have we gotten so soft that we need to wheel our basket around? Fair enough if you're old or that but my local Lidl and Aldi exclusively supply the plastic yokes and got rid of the metal carrier baskets, I LIKE THE ****ING METAL ONES. I ENJOY HAVING ME SHOULDER STRAINED AS I FIT A WEEKS SHOPPING INTO ONE. GIVE ME THE METAL ONE BACK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Those stupid basket/trolley yokes everyone uses now. Like sorry but have we gotten so soft that we need to wheel our basket around? Fair enough if you're old or that but my local Lidl and Aldi exclusively supply the plastic yokes and got rid of the metal carrier baskets, I LIKE THE ****ING METAL ONES. I ENJOY HAVING ME SHOULDER STRAINED AS I FIT A WEEKS SHOPPING INTO ONE. GIVE ME THE METAL ONE BACK

I use my own bag!

TAed gifs not woking on FB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Neo Nazi (AltRight- urgh) hate on twitter and boards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement