Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭HellSquirrel

I'm currently having a writing fit about stereotypical trolls which, let me be clear, has nothing to do with this site; I was reading youtube comments. Therein lies the problem though, because I thought "hey, I wonder what ideas AH would come up with if I posted it there?" and then I realised that such a thread would be a) absolutely misconstrued b) probably descend into trolling and that it would be overall a bad idea.

But I'm still curious.

Dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

mansize wrote: »
    I use my own bag!

TAed gifs not woking on FB

You're not allowed use your own bags AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Why do the Gods do this to me?
    I bought ingredients for a chilli online and now I realise all the tins need to be opened and my tin opener is broken. The cruel injustice of what lies before me has me weakened to my knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Why do the Gods do this to me?
    I bought ingredients for a chilli online and now I realise all the tins need to be opened and my tin opener is broken. The cruel injustice of what lies before me has me weakened to my knees.

Use a small knife move hands and give it a good stab then rock the knife back and forth. Often had to do it myself in a pinch just me careful of the lid it'll be very sharp

• Advertisement

Use a small knife move hands and give it a good stab then rock the knife back and forth. Often had to do it myself in a pinch just me careful of the lid it'll be very sharp

Thanks for the tip, the chilli needs me in its life so needs must.

Annoyed I can't sleep and have work tomorrow. Degradation of the soul prevails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Waking up this morning freezing cold, every duvet/blanket on the bed knotted into a ball and kicked into the corner and my head where my feet was going to sleep. It's fair annoying constantly being more wrecked in the mornings than you were going to bed the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Tagging "and a partridge in a pear tree" onto every statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Thanks whoring. Rarely post on fb but posted something I though was funny recently. Got lots of likes. Was very pleased with myself. Then was TA by the fact that I was pleased. Do better fizzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

everlast75 wrote: »
    Inane questions asked by radio/TV presenters.

Shane Coleman on newstalk this morning after the incident in Berlin to a journalist there.

"So what's the mood like in Berlin right now?"

Wtf do you think it's like ffs!
    He's just not allowed use the "keep talking, stupid" cattle prod live on air any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Licking envelopes for christmas cards and managed to get a papercut on my tongue. My luck is out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd that I didn't take this Friday off work as it has been the longest week ever...the effort of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA'd that the ebook I'm currently on is faulty in some way and it takes at least a minute to respond to me swiping to change page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,724 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The local deli have yet again made a sandwich and somehow managed to get onion into it... I've no idea how they managed it but they did. F**king disgusting :mad:

Queue gagging and throwing out half the sandwich.

Back to making my own lunch for the next few months.. .

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think I posted the same thing last year, but I'm unleashing the fury again this year.

At the kids Christmas concert in school, the kids have been practicing for this for a while, there are little Junior Infants and Pre-School kids up on stage in front of the crowd for the first time nervous as bejaysus. There are some Sr Infants and 1st Class kids there as well who would be a little used to it.

And then there are the d*ckhead parents in the crowd.

- stop yammering on to each other like it's a social event, it's a concert the kids are putting on so shut up yizzer f*cking mouths.
    - at least face in the direction of the stage to look at the kids
    - at least give them a clap
    - get off your phones, for the love of jaysus, nobody wants to hear about how bad traffic is and that you just need to pick up 324 more things for the neices and nephews but other that that you are finished for Christmas except you have to also sort out the booze for the dinner and that the concert is great even though you are not fooking watching it
    - don't stand in front of the other kids that are sitting down watching the concert
    - don't get up in the middle of a song, go to the front of the stage, set up a tripod, take out your 2000 euro camera, fix to the tripod put it on the auto setting and take 1 picture
    - don't stand in the aisles so the kids getting on/off stage can't get on/off stage
    - you don't need 3124256320888888390685359034968503496 photos of your kid in the same spot
    - stop shouting your kids name repeatedly so they can see you. They are probably ignoring you on purpose ya bleedin ponce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

liketochat wrote: »
    When a person spends what feels like forever trying to say something.....the sentence been full of "emmms" "Awwws" and grunting, basically making aload of noise but saying absolutely nothing.....
    liketochat wrote: »
    When a person spends what feels like forever trying to say something.....the sentence been full of "emmms" "Awwws" and grunting, basically making aload of noise but saying absolutely nothing.....
    People who keep repeating themselves!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

This facebook setting: (Name) and (name) like (company/page/etc)

It means that once a friend of mine has 'liked' Vodafone, say, it brings up all Vodafone's content, even if they haven't 'liked' the specific comment/video/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I keep seeing things on FB my friends 'liked'.
    "Lisa likes Mary's photo", accompanied by said photo.
    "Lisa commented on Mary's photo", accompanied by photo again and Lisa's comment.

Scrolling through my timeline further, I see more. And more. And more.
    Stop it! I don't want to see what others like and comment on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Shopping.

When you're on the train from Wexford to Dublin you missed lunch and the service trolley hasn't bothered to come around yet D:<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

people kept calling to the house today while I was trying out my new double edge razor. last time then it was two lads I didn't know from adam, one says whats your name anyway you know me don't you, **** sake says he we are terrible I live across the road.. as soon as I answered the door they were like ah **** its not you anyway, they had found a wallet with drivers license and a similar last name to mine but didn't really know my name, I couldn't think who it was so I basically said sorry no clue who that is.. 20 seconds later I remember exactly who the **** it is and it's my neighbour down the road, threw on a pair of trousers and went out to the road to see were they still there, and they were, driving past.. I try to flag them down and they think I'm waving bye and they keep going.

ffs! it'll definitely get back to him but I could have saved everyone half an hour if I'd remembered who it was on the spot

walked down the road and met him walking back up to tell me they found who it was, they rang someone who said it straight away so no time was wasted anyway. trivially not annoying now it turned out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

fussyonion wrote: »
    I keep seeing things on FB my friends 'liked'.
    "Lisa likes Mary's photo", accompanied by said photo.
    "Lisa commented on Mary's photo", accompanied by photo again and Lisa's comment.

Scrolling through my timeline further, I see more. And more. And more.
    Stop it! I don't want to see what others like and comment on.

But WE do FO - your FB friends are the best!! Get out of this thread, and back onto the FB thread where you belong.

Trivially annoyed to find you in here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Not sure whether this is the right forum to vent my feelings, but am more than a little TA'd so will suffice.

Anyway, I genuinely feel that I have been the victim of cyber bullying (despite being a 28 year old male). Basically the long and short of it is that yesterday I posted a reasoned response to one of Paddy Power's attempts at a funny post on their FB page (a fundamental right of anyone who follows them on the site). Nothing insulting or overly critical.

Anyway, at lunchtime I logged in only to be greeted by a few notifications on my newsfeed. Hadn't PP only gone and responded with a personal comment about my profile pic (bearing in mind they have 1m+ followers so it was a very public sphere) as the sort of banterous comeback so commonplace among the dunderheads that are all too prevalent in social media circles. Of course, complete strangers got in on the act too, making snide comments and tagging their friends etc.

Now I don't want to come across as a hormonal teenage girl or anything, but I was genuinely upset at the whole ordeal. I do have thick skin, but it really made me aware of how easy it can be for more emotionally vulnerable than me to get caught up in what amounts to a cyber bullying campaign.

Anyway, I took a screenshot of the remark in question and sent a strongly worded email to their customer service department, and reported the said comment to facebook, but am not expecting much of an apology.

before a mod steps in you'd probably be better off posting that in the legal forum, IANAL but you have a right to a good name so if you feel you have been defamed then get in touch with a solicitor lots will do a free consultation anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

"Baby On Board" stickers..... STFU

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

before a mod steps in you'd probably be better off posting that in the legal forum, IANAL but you have a right to a good name so if you feel you have been defamed then get in touch with a solicitor lots will do a free consultation anyway.
    Not sure whether this is the right forum to vent my feelings, but am more than a little TA'd so will suffice.

Anyway, I genuinely feel that I have been the victim of cyber bullying (despite being a 28 year old male). Basically the long and short of it is that yesterday I posted a reasoned response to one of Paddy Power's attempts at a funny post on their FB page (a fundamental right of anyone who follows them on the site). Nothing insulting or overly critical.

Anyway, at lunchtime I logged in only to be greeted by a few notifications on my newsfeed. Hadn't PP only gone and responded with a personal comment about my profile pic (bearing in mind they have 1m+ followers so it was a very public sphere) as the sort of banterous comeback so commonplace among the dunderheads that are all too prevalent in social media circles. Of course, complete strangers got in on the act too, making snide comments and tagging their friends etc.

Now I don't want to come across as a hormonal teenage girl or anything, but I was genuinely upset at the whole ordeal. I do have thick skin, but it really made me aware of how easy it can be for more emotionally vulnerable than me to get caught up in what amounts to a cyber bullying campaign.

Anyway, I took a screenshot of the remark in question and sent a strongly worded email to their customer service department, and reported the said comment to facebook, but am not expecting much of an apology.
    https://www.facebook.com/paddypower/posts/10154879749654914

Cyber bullying? Seriously?

So tired...can't keep going...someone IV me coffee...everything is fading

goodbye cruel world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went into SuperValu after work to buy copious amount of alcohol and lemsip and a cake. The checkout assistant handed me a coupon for 1 euro off Gillette blades. Dafuq lady, do I look like I need a close shave

• Advertisement

Parchment wrote: »
    "Baby On Board" stickers..... STFU

You realise that's to inform paramedics in case of a crash? Not just a warning to drivers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement