Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

You realise that's to inform paramedics in case of a crash? Not just a warning to drivers.

Apparently the paramedics things is a bit of a myth and what kind of warning is it to other drivers? Do people go around looking to crash into cars but decide against it if they see a baby on board sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ambulances that blast their sirens and then after seconds switch it off. I'm like "Can't you keep it down."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm finished with Facebook. It's all terrible news and then bolix as well. I rarely use it anyway but am seriously over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

gramar wrote: »
    Apparently the paramedics things is a bit of a myth and what kind of warning is it to other drivers? Do people go around looking to crash into cars but decide against it if they see a baby on board sign?

No but they might be less likely to act the prick by driving to close etc in an effort to signal "speed up" as I've witnessed a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

waking up in the middle of the night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,501 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm finished with Facebook. It's all terrible news and then bolix as well. I rarely use it anyway but am seriously over it.

Thankfully I've never had an account, looks like a truly dreadful site. Reality is far more interesting, and boards of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Thankfully I've never had an account, looks like a truly dreadful site. Reality is far more interesting, and boards of course

Hmmmm, some on boards are just as fake as those you see on Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My Facebook is grand. I don't have any gobshytes on it though. You can get whatever you want out of it.

TA that I had to do an airport run at 4.45am and I'm sitting here in the kitchen supping tea knowing I'll probably be late for work because I want to go back to bed and haven't the energy to go get ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

People who write "Who?" on a thread when someone mentions a celebrity/musician/actor etc.
    Its as funny in 2016, as people who were saying" Whassupp!!!!!" two years after the Budweiser add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hmmmm, some on boards are just as fake as those you see on Facebook.

It annoys but mostly amuses me that there are some who genuinely think no one notices when they trip themselves up on their own stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

People who write "Who?" on a thread when someone mentions a celebrity/musician/actor etc.
    Its as funny in 2016, as people who were saying" Whassupp!!!!!" two years after the Budweiser add.

Tbf....most of them celebrity's what died....I'd not heard of them as I'm a bit out of the loop regards famous people
    -just not my scene

Even that homeless person thingy....I kinda sorta know the name Glenn hanserd.....but I'd be fcuked if I could pick him outta a group of pics/tell you what he's famous for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Even that homeless person thingy....I kinda sorta know the name Glenn hanserd.....but I'd be fcuked if I could pick him outta a group of pics/tell you what he's famous for

Who???

The adults who sent the little girls (c. 7-10 years old) out at the top of my road "singing" carols and individually knocking on people's doors in the dark of night essentially begging for money. Truly bastard parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Tbf....most of them celebrity's what died....I'd not heard of them as I'm a bit out of the loop regards famous people
    -just not my scene

Not knowing who someone is, is one thing.
    But going to the bother of being the class clown and typing "who" is just attention seeking childishness.
    It screams " Look at me, I'm cool/ironic/edgy"

Anyway, I done ranting. Two posts about a trivial thing that bothers me is one more than is healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Charlie Charolais

"Cheers", in any other circumstance other than a toast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Chillax.
    Take out.

We're not in bloody California.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Smoked too much last night and drank too much coffee. Stomach not feeling it today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Really fat people - the barely moving obese.
    Im not talking about heavy or well-fed people, just the all out fat f--ks.
    Stop eating you degenerate animals.

Your Face wrote: »
    Really fat people - the barely moving obese.
    Im not talking about heavy or well-fed people, just the all out fat f--ks.
    Stop eating you degenerate animals.

That's it keep going that's sure to help them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

so three customer care were sorting me out with a loan phone, but it was in ennis, so 30 minutes in and out, decent long walk from where the car was parked, big queue in the shop (none of that their fault but a total waste of half a day off around christmas),

get into the shop say hello I'm here to pick up a loan phone X person knows about it. While I'm talking to her she looks behind me spots someone outside the shop and goes to talk to them for a minute without excusing herself. she goes to talk to that X person who knows the story about my loan phone, she goes to the back room, talks to the other person again I hear the woman say no you don't have to, she goes back and gets a old looking small scratched up loaner phone, small samsung thing with a scratched up foggy looking screen, then says ok yeah and that's a 100 euro deposit did customer care not tell you.

just told her to keep it and walked out

total waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Tinder isn't working. It stays loading for all eternity. Tried logging out and back in again but that didn't work. :(

Petrol! I think it's crazy that it's 134 in one station and 50kms away it's 129.

Airtricity! They sent around a text to ensure you're topped up as their Office is closed for a few days over Christmas. They didn't say exactly when or for how long so it was a waste of time. And I'm annoyed how they can even do that. I would assume / imagine that places of such a Customer high-reliance nature generally require the likes of an I.T. Techie to be rostered on-call over the Christmas in case of things going wrong. So why would Airtricity decide they're above any other Company and can close to suit themselves.... I bet there'll be someone there to cut me off though if I run out of credit! Typical shyte..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The type of whispering giggling hysterics teenage girls get themselves into when in groups.

Headmelting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Packed supermarkets.
    I could have saved €28 between two supermarkets if I had remembered to bring money off vouchers, and won't spend that much now to use them.
    Our artificial tree could beat a real one hands down for shedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bad time keepers. You're always waiting for them and they seem oblivious.
    Buying someone gifts and they don't show any reaction.
    Being lured back to Facebook by last year's pleasant memories.
    A sneaky cigarette breaking all my own rules.
    About three more shifts at work to get through.
    I'm such a grinch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

73Cat wrote: »
    Packed supermarkets.
    I could have saved €28 between two supermarkets if I had remembered to bring money off vouchers, and won't spend that much now to use them.
    Our artificial tree could beat a real one hands down for shedding.

I remembered to bring my vouchers and coupons. Handed them in and half of them were out of date :/:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

When you're clearly watching someone and someone tries to strike up a conversation.

I'll never know now if my answer was pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Members of the public

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd by other people today.

Did the big grocery shop and I knew it would be busy but Jesus the amount of people just IN MY WAY.

Oul'wans congregating outside Dunnes, having an oul yap, while I'm trying to steer my wonky trolley between them.

Then I tried steering said trolley between the millions of people queuing at the tills, blocking the aisles as they did.

TA'd that I forgot to buy petrol today and it means another trek out tomorrow.

TA'd that I hate my doctor; he's rude and ignorant and just not very nice but I'm too lazy to change GP's because of the hassle.

Is it time for the Christmas booze yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The electrician who left my neighbour and a good customer with a with a generator to run a pump for 2 months. The underground cable to the pumphouse was damaged and he started to locate the fault but fecked off in the middle of it and left a needless mess that I spent today repairing.
    Expecting a dairy farmer to drag a petrol generator around each morning for 2 months and not fixing the problem before Christmas is bad form.

• Advertisement

Arriving at Busaras and the bus you're due for literally just pulls away as you run into the station

I feel like crying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement