Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

failinis wrote: »
    Work in a room of about 50 people, 98% use headphones.
    2% blare out ****e music, not just to themselves but loud enough for everyone.
    Makes my blood boil.

There are a group of people who are irritating to me, but one, holy ****, has she never heard of an inside voice?
    Getting worked up thinking about how I have to go back in tomorrow again now. :mad:

Small Radio?

(micro radio waves).....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

May, the month. Two car tax and two nct due. Got letter today that tv licence expires - end of May.
    Very TA today.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

TA'd that I remember I need something from the shop next door.

But it closed five minutes ago. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Getting banned on boards for something trivial :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

TA'd that I was out in the rain for nearly 2 hours :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm TA'd that ever since my vomiting bug about a month ago, I'm still not feeling great. Every single night I feel really really ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

New neighbours moving in this week, pulled up to look around this evening with Christmas music blaring and now I can't get it out of my head. Very TA'd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Screw top lid on a tube of toothpaste......

Who has time for that in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Amazon one of the great ideas of our time fulfilling orders and sending stuff around the world day in day out.
    3 times in the last 2 yrs stuff i have ordered has failed to reach me. Why?Because they have failed to put my name on the packages. They can track packages oh yes no bother and predict their arrival but actually getting them delivered while not putting a name on the packages not so much.
    I'm putting my new Eircode onto my account details now in the vain hope that it won't happen again.
    Something so trivial as forgetting my name can be so annoying. 2 packages with failed delivery now in a Dublin post depot heading back to Amazon and me waiting for them with a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

People who have the audacity to say "Mathematics is harder THEN English".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People that whatsapp or Facebook "how's the form?" Or "how's things" or the gem I got last night "hi!:)" If that's all you can open the conversation with its probably not going to be worth having.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

764dak wrote: »
    People who have the audacity to say "Mathematics is harder THEN English".

Or the yanks and their 'Math'.
    My trivial annoyance today. Being invited to a child's birthday party at the weekend. Admittedly she is my godchild and she's 6. Who invites adults who have no children to a children's birthday party? Recently married, so it'll be "any stir" or "any news" from a few I haven't seen for ages. I'll have to think of a good excuse not to go, and drop her up her present on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

When Daft Punk's Get Lucky starts to play on the radio and you can only think about the Linda Martin cover 'version' on the Saturday night show. The horror......the horror.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The smell of make up foundation off other people. If others can smell it off you, you're wearing too much!

Shup asking for directions. You're holding up the bus.

My mocha isn't sweet enough. I really need to feel sugary goodness coursing through my bloodstream and making me tingle. This is my third day in a row without a can of coke.

I'm losing MY MIND!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

websites that insist on loading all of the banner ads / video ads before the content that you actually want to view

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

This is a day in day out T.A, trucks and lorries flying down 3 tonne limit roads.

Specifically this road, Hillcrest Road in Sandyford 3T clearly marked both ways.

A Centra artic lorry (cab and trailer), almost every day it's a 40ft one, the road is a 3t for a reason it's bloody narrow and it's way over the white line and a Xerox lorry every day a return journey, cars drive up on the path to avoid them...
    Guess who got a beep off a car while walking ON the footpath today, and when I turned around the driver beckoned me to hurry up so he could drive off the low part, for F*** sake.
    Where's the traffic corps when ya want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The use of " yas" for you plural.

When it's time to sing happy birthday and their name doesn't have bang on two syllables.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Condensation rings on my wooden table. While the coasters sit untouched in a nice neat stack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Feeling sick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There's a certain Boardsie who riles me up no end.. drama queen of the highest order, she thrives on attention seeking posts.
    Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Eugh this! I hate that (er mean I am TA by that). How in the hell can grown people, grown WOMEN get pee on the seat!? There is an excuse for men, they have to aim, but we remain seated for the entire performance how the heck does the toilet seat get wet?!

Happens in my job, pee all over the seat, my only thought is that rather than sit, they hover :eek:

TA that the womens toilets in my work are so revolting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

messrs wrote: »
    Happens in my job, pee all over the seat, my only thought is that rather than sit, they hover :eek:

TA that the womens toilets in my work are so revolting

I am a person who "hovers" for public toilets but if I do get any pee on the seat I wipe it off and leave it clean for next person, its not hard.

TA of mine is when people do not flush the toilet after going - whats so hard, just leaving your pee to stew or wha? :mad:
    (I do hate when you go in just after someone and the toilet won't flush cause its just refilling with water - another loo related TA)

Or women who in for nothing but a chat, get out of the ****ing way, I want to wash my hands and get out, not fight my way to the sink. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I wanted to upgrade my tickets to Busted for the Meet and Greet for myself and my 2 sisters. 1027 euro!!!! What the hell? I'm so annoyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I always check the seat of the loo in case of errant droplets. It's only polite after all. I know a few drops of wee on the seat isn't the end of the world but it's still yock. I was at my friend's house the other night and was walking back down the corridor after going for a slash and ended up running back to make sure there wasn't any yellow post-its left on his seat :D

TA I just flipped my mattress and it was really heavy and slipped out of my grasp and nearly knocked the wardrobe. I'd tell you about my fresh sheets and pillowcases but that's a story for the other thread :)

Also TA that I had to spend the evening with friends of my aul' pair's who I didn't know but they knew me sorta thing. Only that it was my Da's birthday I'd have been out of there after 20 mins. Ended up staying 4 hours. There was Avoca rhubarb tart though so that helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ending posts with question marks? when its not a question?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

"Dice" is actually plural. "Die" is singular.

Who the f*** decided we should use bad grammar when referring to the six sided object?

I guess playing a game of Monopoly and saying "Die, please" wouldn't sound nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

TA'd at businesses that treat you like a fcuking leper, if you have the temerity to enter their premises within 30 minutes of closing time. Especially if they close at 6 and the people going in, only got off work at 5.30, and have made a mad dash to get there before they close....only to be treated like a fcuking leper !!!!

Had this happen to me recently when I was trying to get to my two local garden centers before they closed. Was told 876 times that they were about to close, in very 'hurry up and make your damm purchases so that I can go home' tones of voice. The staff could not have been more rude and surly if they tried. :mad:

Yes, I know you are knackered tired, you have been there all day and all you want to do is count the till and go home. (I have worked in retail, so I know how how hard it is.) But guess what, I have been at work all day too. The only time I am able to get into your business is at 5.45, BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN WORKING ALL DAY TOO..... so suck it the fcuk up & respect the fact that customers like me, are the reason that you have a job in the first place, regardless of what time we come in at.

Sorry.....really, really needed to get that off my chest. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

The damn census form still hasn't been picked up. Grr.

I hate being asked every Monday (by the same person) what my plans are for the weekend. I don't bloody know yet, fup off!

My fingers stink of garlic and it's 3 frickin days since I cooked with the stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement