Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd by other people today.

Did the big grocery shop and I knew it would be busy but Jesus the amount of people just IN MY WAY.

Oul'wans congregating outside Dunnes, having an oul yap, while I'm trying to steer my wonky trolley between them.

Then I tried steering said trolley between the millions of people queuing at the tills, blocking the aisles as they did.

TA'd that I forgot to buy petrol today and it means another trek out tomorrow.

TA'd that I hate my doctor; he's rude and ignorant and just not very nice but I'm too lazy to change GP's because of the hassle.

Is it time for the Christmas booze yet?

My GP is a gentleman. I'd advise changing GPs so you can feel more comfortable. It definitely is time for the booze :D

Tripped the switch of the shower and nearly died. The thoughts of being stinky for festivities was too much!
    I agree with the shopping. One woman spent the better half of an hour unloading her trolley, I've never seen someone move so slow in all my life. The only upside is the array of goodies on display. Anyone who likes food must love this time of year, so many treats on offer and every shelf packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

When people take sweets and leave the wrappers back in the box/tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

When people take sweets and leave the wrappers back in the box/tin.

That's a sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

I agree with the shopping. One woman spent the better half of an hour unloading her trolley, I've never seen someone move so slow in all my life. The only upside is the array of goodies on display. Anyone who likes food must love this time of year, so many treats on offer and every shelf packed.

Couldn't be worse than in my local dunnes the one chasier who just MUST read every part of what you're buying :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

And now POF is down and I was chatting to 2 nice guys too. FCUK SAKE. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

ditto on CUUnts in the way whn out shopping.

TA also prams and trolleys shoved up your hole. at this rate i'll be left with a balloon knot.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Websites that can't provide basic decent information on the products they're selling. Professional sites, not just ebay or the like. I was trying to buy a laptop recently.

"Processor: Intel."

Right, is that an i3, i5, i7?

"Intel."

But that's not what I-

"Intel."

But that's no-

"Intel."

Or "Graphics: Yes."

And there's some weird model number that's not what the maker uses so when I Google to find more information it takes me back to the same page. If there is even a model number.

Frigating wrote: »
    Websites that can't provide basic decent information on the products they're selling. Professional sites, not just ebay or the like. I was trying to buy a laptop recently.

"Processor: Intel."

Right, is that an i3, i5, i7?

"Intel."

But that's not what I-

"Intel."

But that's no-

"Intel."

Or "Graphics: Yes."

And there's some weird model number that's not what the maker uses so when I Google to find more information it takes me back to the same page. If there is even a model number.

Oh god yeah it has graphics so many graphics I had to turn them down! I was getting looks from the girlfriend with all the graphics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Up since 4, no one up to talk to on Snapchat

Stupid head cold is stupid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had these old slippers from Lidl that were the bees knees but I thought 'out with the old' and chucked them. So I have these new ones from Penney's but they are too small and my socked foot is leaning out the back of them and when I go out on the wet ground the back heel of the slipper and foot get wet. That never happened with the old ones. Another excuse to buy more I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My oven has packed up. No mince pies, no roast spuds. It'll be boiled everything for Christmas dinner, then go buy a new oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA that the thread title has changed from trivial to trifling. Is that supposed to be 'festive' ? I am deeply offended and will possibly hunt you down and eat your liver with some nice chianti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    TA that the thread title has changed from trivial to trifling. Is that supposed to be 'festive' ? I am deeply offended and will possibly hunt you down and eat your liver with some nice chianti.

I'm a trifle bit annoyed that I didn't notice until you pointed it out.....also annoyed that I don't know how to use it in a sentence :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Surreptitious, always buy slippers a size or two bigger than your own size..

I'm TA'd by the thought of cooking the Christmas dinner on Sunday. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Michael F**king Buble!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have eaten so many chocolates I feel sick.
    Candles that don't burn out to the edge of the jar.
    Speaking of trifle, I decided today I had to have one and everywhere was out of them. How very trifly annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Up since 4, no one up to talk to on Snapchat

That cnuting dog ears filter on snapchat that girls use because they think it makes them look cute. It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,634 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Stretch denim, it's everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

my dad bumped off the oven and turned the temperature to over 200 degrees, dundee cake started to turn into coal so he turned on the extractor fan.

house is filled with smoke. Mother comes home (from being out for less than 15 minutes).

what happened?

I turned on the extractor fan for the smoke.

why didn't you take it out of the oven or turn it down from over 200

oh. sure look can't you just scrape the black off

a masterclass in how not to react to making **** of a dundee cake

Now there's no dundee cake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Good luck if you can find much left of it. *hic*

Trifle annoyed that you're not getting into the festive spirit!

73Cat wrote: »
    I have eaten so many chocolates I feel sick.
    Candles that don't burn out to the edge of the jar.
    Speaking of trifle, I decided today I had to have one and everywhere was out of them. How very trifly annoying :(

Make one?

madmaggie wrote: »
    My oven has packed up. No mince pies, no roast spuds. It'll be boiled everything for Christmas dinner, then go buy a new oven.

Come on now, you can roast potatoes in the toaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Make one?

I just bought the one in the box but I'd love a big bowl of homemade trifle with loads of cream right now.

I also just bought those Dunnes frozen mini eclairs and took 3 out of the box before putting them in the freezer...I've bitten both edges off one but the centre is still frozen and now I don't want them anyway.The house is full of food but I want something else and don't know what it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

toast potatoes

toast potatoes

Now you're talking who doesn't love toasted spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

toast potatoes
    Thanks for that, it would make a memorable dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Come on now, you can roast potatoes in the toaster.

Well, you can make a decent approximation in a deepfat fryer

Huge Xmas queues, I avoid like the plague!

Mam wanted to go into Aldi this afternoon just to buy 24 eggs!!!

I said it will be mental I'll buy them in local shop for you- I did

She was going mad they were €1 dearer, even though I bought them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people tell you they 'did' somewhere. ''Ya, we did the West Coast, did San Fran, did Vegas and ....''

Fcuk off. Unless you're name is Debbie and you were in the general Texas area, you can't pull this sh*t.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement