Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Spotify has my top songs from the year playing, relaxing listening to slow relaxing songs and next thing feels good to be bad - showtek comes screeching on. Nowhere near sleep now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People who ask me to guess how old they are! And then get insulted and sulk
    when I guess wrong in the plus direction!
    Like Father Furlong & Father Dougal!
    A man I work was at this the other day. Seriously he looks around 60 so I thought I was complimenting him by guessing 53. And he got as thick!
    He's 46!!!

He hasn't spoken to me since! WTF? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I like trifle :P

Insomnia annoys me

People who pronounce Kris Kindle as Kris Kringle...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm really annoyed at a shop where I've been eyeing a laptop. I printed the specs yesterday at a certain price, thinking I'd wait to see will it go on sale. Checked this morning and it is indeed on sale but they're claiming the original price was 100 euro dearer than it actually was. Liars! Gets my goat!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Stand clear luggage doors operate

(beep)

(beep)

jamesbere wrote: »

(beep)

(beep)

Safe home! Bus Eireann ta's me

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

This Godforsaken fad of people starting every sentence with the word "so".
    For example: "So, it's Christmas Eve. Let's go shopping."
    Or "so, I'm going to bed now."
    Or "so, I'll open this window."
    The word 'so' is an adverb (Usain Bolt is so fast you can hardly see him) or a conjunction (I burned my hand so I ran cold water over it.)
    I think it started in America but of course everyone on the radio seems to be saying it now, especially in interviews.
    So bloody irritating.

Car ****

1. It's Christmas ****ing Eve. The carparks are heaving. People still take up two spaces.

2. Driving around the one way carpark. Car stops and two simpletons disimbark. One simpleton stands at car door having a chat with driver while all the cars from the other junction merge out in front of him and we are all stuck behind. He eventually moved on and then jammed the brakes as he rounded the corner stopping dead in the flow of traffic again, waiting for the sign of someone leaving a carspace near the door. A few mins later and lots of sounding horns he moved on. THEN

3. Some dick in a skangermebanger Audi drove right down the opposite way of the way the cars were supposed to go.

I dream that one day cars will be old fashioned and there'll be a better way of getting around, preferably being able to ram idiots out of your way. I hate driving.

When you tell your brother why you're so annoyed and he asks why you didn't take your broomstick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Merry Xmas to you pile of moany, cantankerous gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA when you're so engrossed in present shopping for others you don't notice a pair of Michael Kors pumps reduced from 140 to 39 in Brown Thomas.
    My mum told me about them and we raced in on two wheels at 5 to 9 last night and I got the last pair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Seriously hungover and have work to do.

Merry Christmas to all the little annoyed thread goers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Merry Christmas to all the little annoyed thread goers

Right back at you..ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Merry Christmas to all the little annoyed thread goers :)

Hope everyone has a very TA Christmas and New Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

My next door neighbours are a bit....eh....strange and annoying.

They are a lovely couple in their 80's and their eccentric, hippy type son in his 50's. Ultimately harmless but at the same time, head wrecking fcuktards.

We moved in 5 years ago and every time we upgrade the house, the neighbours take a sly photo, print it and hand it to me with a big grin on their face.

We get a skip delivered, fill it, get it taken away. I then get a photo of the empty skip arriving, me filling it and then the truck taking it away....WTF like!

I demolish and gut the garden. I build a deck. I power wash my driveway. I knock down a wall and get it rebuilt. I take down a tree.

Doesnt matter what I do....im given photos of various stages of each job the next day! :p

I get their sentiment but coooooome ooooon give it up already!

Today, I got a christmas card with a photo of my front door in it. They took the photo because Iv a large red bow on it this year.

Creepy bastards

They are a lovely couple in their 80's and their eccentric, hippy type son in his 50's. Ultimately harmless but at the same time, head wrecking fcuktards.

We moved in 5 years ago and every time we upgrade the house, the neighbours take a sly photo, print it and hand it to me with a big grin on their face.

We get a skip delivered, fill it, get it taken away. I then get a photo of the empty skip arriving, me filling it and then the truck taking it away....WTF like!

I demolish and gut the garden. I build a deck. I power wash my driveway. I knock down a wall and get it rebuilt. I take down a tree.

Doesnt matter what I do....im given photos of various stages of each job the next day! :p

Today, I got a christmas card with a photo of my front door in it. They took the photo because Iv a large red bow on it this year.

Creepy bastards
    Take a picture of them taking pictures of you or maybe take a picture of them given you the pictures.

My TA, I got onions in my roll earlier. I said I wanted a plain roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

People who let the fire go out. Fix the fvckin fire for God's sake I ain't going lighting it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

This Godforsaken fad of people starting every sentence with the word "so".
    For example: "So, it's Christmas Eve. Let's go shopping."
    Or "so, I'm going to bed now."
    Or "so, I'll open this window."
    The word 'so' is an adverb (Usain Bolt is so fast you can hardly see him) or a conjunction (I burned my hand so I ran cold water over it.)
    I think it started in America but of course everyone on the radio seems to be saying it now, especially in interviews.
    So bloody irritating.

asked a shop assistant today where the shoe section was and she answered 'so . .it's in the basement'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Just got a text to tell me my car is due NCT next May..f* off FFS..I'm not thinking about NCT,bills,work or any other ****e til next week at the earliest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

When your mother tells you the dinner is ready and you go into the kitchen and the potatoes are still cooking in the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Oranage2 wrote: »
    When your mother tells you the dinner is ready and you go into the kitchen and the potatoes are still cooking in the pot.

That's a hint she wants you to set the table :

Waking up at this ungodly hour with my cough

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

My brain decided that instead of sleeping it would be a good idea to reflect on various psychological and emotional baggages. So now I'm here miserable with not an ounce of sleep behind me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Creepy bastards

Your neighbours are fcuking amazing. Bet they're at home right now thinking of ways to slowly creep you out.

I burnt my fingers with cheap batteries and there is a terrible smell so I have to have the windows open so now I am cold

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Awkward present opening and feigned appreciation.

Spending a lot of time that i don't have, and a lot of money on someone who thinks so little of me that on Christmas Eve, he would break the handle of a sweeping brush across my legs. I know what he's like, I know what he's capable of, and I still put myself in that situation, i never learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Spending a lot of time that i don't have, and a lot of money on someone who thinks so little of me that on Christmas Eve, he would break the handle of a sweeping brush across my legs. I know what he's like, I know what he's capable of, and I still put myself in that situation, i never learn.

Jesus Lexie take care of yourself. You're worth so much more than that. Thoughts with you. Go call a friend or a family member and at least be in the company with someone you know deep down cares for you.

• Advertisement

Two little things which not so much annoyed me but made me suddenly sad. Around 3 am this morning I was walking alongside my wife's trolley and our new-born son from the Delivery ward to her new room and I saw a woman in a distraught condition holding a baby in a room where babies in cots and incubators were (our child, thankfully, didn't have to go to that room so I assume the babies there were in some sort of trouble). She was all alone and it was a dark room (lit only from the outside corridor lights), as if she couldn't sleep and got up to hold her newborn child. I wish I could have sent a message to somebody close to that woman to ask them to come in and look after her. As if to reinforce the sadness of the process for many people, as I was walking listening to babies here and there I came across a sign 'Bereavements=>'.

It's a lottery. There but for the grace of God go we.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement