Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I realised today that I had given a present intended for my god daughter to my daughter, so I now have to give her the one I got for my daughter.
    The Baby Jesus was only put into the crib today.
    Toys with millions of tiny pieces that are going to wind up in the hoover.
    Christmas cards that keep falling down.
    Deaths at Christmas time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Fcuking zips. Constantly catching on that little bit of inner fabric in the pocket or liner or wherever, getting stuck fast and broken and just generally annoying the fcuking shyte outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

73Cat wrote: »
    I realised today that I had given a present intended for my god daughter to my daughter, so I now have to give her the one I got for my daughter.
    The Baby Jesus was only put into the crib today.
    Toys with millions of tiny pieces that are going to wind up in the hoover.
    Christmas cards that keep falling down.
    Deaths at Christmas time :(

Who are you going to kill?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Fcuking zips. Constantly catching on that little bit of inner fabric in the pocket or liner or wherever, getting stuck fast and broken and just generally annoying the fcuking shyte outta me.

Could be worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

gramar wrote: »
    Who are you going to kill?

:):). Not anyone as of yet !!

Waiting all day for people to visit, they don't arrive and it will most likely be tomorrow when they call at this stage. And I tidied and all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Those who suffer from verbal diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I keep letting my tea go cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

One of the kids got this thing from Santa that you put your phone into and put it on your head to watch stuff in 3D...I put it on for about 20seconds but had to take it off because I was supposedly flying into a wall at about 100 mph ..I'm feeling sick as a dog after it and my head is still spinning similar to getting into bed after overdoing the wine.Never again (the toy not the wineðŸ˜).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm in hospital with my daughter and if I have to ask one more health care professional to wash their hands before touching her I am going to blow a fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Shower curtains - annoying, sticky ba$tards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm in hospital with my daughter and if I have to ask one more health care professional to wash their hands before touching her I am going to blow a fuse

Yes!!
    For all their talk I've only ever come across one handwashing medical professional!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I saw an Ad on TV about a magazine that allows you to build your own DeLorean.

Looked grand until I spotted it takes 130 editions to complete it....totaling €1,400+

Geeeeet bent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

New tv Tech hype, 3d tvs ,were of no use to most people,
    Now theres 4k tv, theres very little 4k video content,
    how many people will buy an ultra hd blue ray player to play 4k video .
    Very few .i think only film fanatics only buy blue ray film,s .
    if you can afford to buy a 4k tv ,you probably have a netflix or a sky movies subscription .sky movies is broadcast in sd or maybe HD on some
    channels .

i,d be happy to just buy a 1080p tv if i want to buy one.
    There seems to be no end to new video formats .
    Do most people even buy dvds anymore apart from buying a present .
    The TV industry wants to copy the cd boom, when people bought
    all the music they had on LP all over again on cd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

When someone adds you on Snapchat and their first snap is "who's this?"

Look at my fcuring username. It is literally my name. 3 times I've been asked it today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

When you are so tired and need sleep on the couch.....then your head hits the pillow and you feel as if you could do cartwheels you are so awake :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Being in work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

It seems as though whenever I go rooting around the house to find batteries, blue-tack or sellotape I always stumble across one or two packets of playing cards. When I actually go looking for them, they are nowhere to be seen. Frustrating! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

Forgetting people's names that I'm sure I really should know, add that to them walking up anticipating a conversation.

Hmm, I may forget this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Turkey in the fridge. No way I am going to eat it. But feel sad to throw it out.

Bit like disposing of christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Hunting a wasp in my sitting room in late December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

This girl I know who dyed her hair an obviously fake bright red once, but now she constantly calls herself a ginger. Go away, you weren't blessed enough to be kissed by fire so stop claiming you were :pac:

Also TA that my incessant binging of game of thrones has resulted in me using its terms in everyday life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Also TA that my incessant binging of game of thrones has resulted in me using its terms in everyday life

Shame! Shame! Shame!

I'm annoyed that I have a stupid set of fairy lights with multiple modes (blink, slow fade, continuous etc). You have to press a button repeatedly to select the mode you want. I just want them to be on constantly, but have no idea how many times I need to press the button to select this (there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it), and they sneakily pretend to be on continuously until I turn my back and then start flashing furiously as soon as I leave the room. Aarrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

maudgonner wrote: »
    Shame! Shame! Shame!

I'm annoyed that I have a stupid set of fairy lights with multiple modes (blink, slow fade, continuous etc). You have to press a button repeatedly to select the mode you want. I just want them to be on constantly, but have no idea how many times I need to press the button to select this (there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it), and they sneakily pretend to be on continuously until I turn my back and then start flashing furiously as soon as I leave the room. Aarrgh!

I was going to post exactly the same thing . . I can't get the lights to stay on constantly . oh they will do so for a little while but when I go back later to have a look, they are flashing like mad. I have a wreath on my door with lights on it and I was starting to wonder if local children were messing with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Why, hello there, being stuck behind someone at an ATM who uses five different cards to make five different withdrawals.

How I've missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Why, hello there, being stuck behind someone at an ATM who uses five different cards to make five different withdrawals.

How I've missed you.

There's few things more infuriating than the person who does this.

*takes first card*

Oh finally.

*inserts another*

No that's cheating. No GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE DAMN YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Angry St. Stephen's Day shoppers, usually fat and probably can't find their size in the sales.
    The ONE thing I saw online and went into the shop to look for wasn't there. Staying with online anymore, less crazy plus it's like getting another present.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Angry St. Stephen's Day shoppers, usually fat and probably can't find their size in the sales.

Says Muffin Top ðŸ˜

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Being in work!!!

Would love to be in work! I've now a statutory right to take two weeks paternity leave in the next 26 weeks, but work would be easier. You'd need the temperament of a saint to be a childminder. Definitely one of the most underrated jobs in society.

MY TA: when you have to take sides but find the side you're obliged to take is wrong and there's no talking to the person to get them to see sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Email provider having some technical issue when I want a reset-my-password link sent from another site I want to access, so I can't use the link they sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's few things more infuriating than the person who does this.

*takes first card*

Oh finally.

*inserts another*

No that's cheating. No GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE DAMN YOU

As if you would go to the back. Don't you dare lie, not here, not on the internet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement