Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Choppers that don't put enough salt and vinegar on chips. A teeny sprinkle of both just on the top few chips is not seasoned enough :mad:

Vinegar is vile. Chippers that automatically assume you want vinegar, or heavy handed with the salt. Unless you asked for it, give some sachets and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Vinegar is vile. Chippers that automatically assume you want vinegar, or heavy handed with the salt. Unless you asked for it, give some sachets and away you go.

Bah humbug I love salt and vinegar. Only one takeaway in 'Scorthy that puts enough on without needing to sit and watch them put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

haircut place used to always be 8 or 10 euro and I'd give a 2 euro tip, today it was 15 euro and I still gave a euro tip because it happened so fast. I'm shaking with the adrenaline wearing off, my whole life flashed before my eyes as I handed over a second tenner.

the boom is back baby :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Goddamn stinking head cold again :(. The neighbours dog woke me barking it's head off at 6.30 and I couldn't get back to sleep. If I had a euro for everytime I have blown my nose since then I'd be rolling in it. The little one slept till 9.15 which she never does, the injustice of it all:(
    I can't taste and hate eating so. I'm drinking a hot Port and I may as well be drinking hot water. FML:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

73Cat wrote: »
    If I had a euro for everytime I have blown my nose since then I'd be rolling in it. FML:(

I imagined you rolling in your own snot instead of euros but maybe you are!

I had just finished a run earlier and went for the footballers one-fingered nose blow. It worked a little too well as it caused a nose bleed and sent a lovely spray of blood over the front of my white top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Up half the night crying and wriggling in almighty pain.

So knackered now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Up half the night crying and wriggling in almighty pain.

So knackered now.

:(
    Hope it is nothing serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Marzipan85

Sound of a vacuum cleaner. Very ugly sound. Esp if someone is banging it against the bottom of your bedroom door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

haircut place used to always be 8 or 10 euro and I'd give a 2 euro tip, today it was 15 euro and I still gave a euro tip because it happened so fast. I'm shaking with the adrenaline wearing off, my whole life flashed before my eyes as I handed over a second tenner.

the boom is back baby :(

You're right, the boom is back.

Having a social night out in a well known tavern in Dublin last week, I should have taken a mortgage out first, the price kept increasing at the end of the night it was
    E6.80 for a pint of Hop House brew
    and
    E6.20 for a pint of Bulmers
    But a good night was had by all...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Marzipan85 wrote: »
    Sound of a vacuum cleaner. Very ugly sound. Esp if someone is banging it against the bottom of your bedroom door.

My mum used to switch it on to get us to sleep as kids, I love it.
    And then as a teen to hammer against the bottom of the bedroom door, not so soothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

:D From 1960: the old man fitted speakers in our bedrooms, 11 foot ceilings, wire back to the new HMV radio as the alarm clock for Sundays, every day in Lent and "trips" to Dublin.
    ’O’Donnell Abú was the startup tune
    http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/681-history-of-rte/683-rte-1930s/290086-odonnell-abu-becomes-2rn-station-identification-signal-1936/

after the "pips"

As soon as I knew enough, I fed mains into them for an instant!
    The nail in the main fuse board held up long enough:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Stopped behind a car at a red light at a junction, car in front only indicates to turn when the traffic light goes green!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Winterlong wrote: »
    Hope it is nothing serious.

Not dead yet :)

TA: After a very long saga with my phone being stolen three weeks ago, I finally got it back fixed today and have realised it's far too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

selous wrote: »
    You're right, the boom is back.

Having a social night out in a well known tavern in Dublin last week, I should have taken a mortgage out first, the price kept increasing at the end of the night it was
    E6.80 for a pint of Hop House brew
    and
    E6.20 for a pint of Bulmers
    But a good night was had by all...:D

They'd want to be sprinkling cocaine on them for me to justify paying that much.

Arguments over nothing. Nobody wins and everyone's upset. Just deep breaths people, that's all you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

When you nose at things and see something you wish you hadn't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stoopid Tinder Match has just vanished into thin air after I messaged him. Ugh! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

people who use the word 'tick' when they mean 'thick'. See it quite a bit here.

Ya ticks.

A sick toddler. 4.5 hours tonight for me to get the poor thing to sleep. She cried, and cried and just wanted to lie outside the cot with me. When she did she wanted something else, and something else, and it went on and on. That's the past five days of this with no end in sight and the crèche not willing to accept her. Enjoy your holidays, indeed! In a heartbeat I'd rather be in work (and it's impossible to get important work done at home either).

All across Dublin (and a few expensive areas of other cities) both parents are in our "modern" society expected to work fulltime jobs and deal with this sort of stuff on a quotidian basis. My mother was able to stay at home and raise us all in Dublin but then again they paid £4500 for a house in 1965 that would be worth c. €650,000 today. There's the problem, right there.

It's a bullshít society "advance" when entirely because of property prices two parents must now work outside the home to maintain a decent standard of living in Dublin when 30 or 40 years ago one parent working outside the home could do it. Heaven forfend that the shower of incompetents and mé féiners in power would cut the horseshíte, roll up their sleeves and address the housing supply crisis in Dublin. The entire travesty screams a lack of will by the Fine Gael government of this state and its supporters in Fianna Fáil. Two sides to the one right-wing coin. Parasitic arseholes.

/end rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Whenever I click on an ad and I see the link in the address bar I read it as "Goog leads" instead of "Google ads"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

There was a UFC fight on at 5am this morning and some ******* **** in you laugh you lose posted a pic which gave away the result.

Not everyone can stay up/get up to watch the fight ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Some guy who lives on the ground floor of my apartment block uses the most disgusting deodorant, and the smell wafts throughout the whole hallway. It chokes me when I'm walking though. It's that really cheap, heavy cloying smell too, not a nice fresh, sporty one. It also smells like it has been sprayed on over stale sweat too :( in the grand scale of 2016, it's not that serious, but still. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

everlast75 wrote: »
    There was a UFC fight on at 5am this morning and some ******* **** in you laugh you lose posted a pic which gave away the result.

Not everyone can stay up/get up to watch the fight ffs

While I agree it's annoying, you can't expect to come online and not see something. Be more careful in future if ya can. It's happened me too and it's a buzz kill!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Omackeral wrote: »
    While I agree it's annoying, you can't expect to come online and not see something. Be more careful in future if ya can. It's happened me too and it's a buzz kill!

Cheers - I thought I was being careful staying off FB and other sites but I wasn't expecting it there..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Sitting in traffic yesterday and the sublime "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League came on the radio. I was having a fantastic time singing along until the radio station just cut into the song right before the second chorus :mad: and what made it worse, it wasn't cut short for news or even ads- they played the station jingle and then went on to play some Ed Sheehan muck :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sitting in traffic yesterday and the sublime "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League came on the radio. I was having a fantastic time singing along until the radio station just cut into the song right before the second chorus :mad: and what made it worse, it wasn't cut short for news or even ads- they played the station jingle and then went on to play some Ed Sheehan muck :mad:

The absolute worst is when they cut across a tune (and Don't You Want Me is definitely a tune btw) to tell you that they're "The Most Music Station- Less Talk,More Music". The hypocritical b*stards.

Bloody epic Pool game on and I have no BT sports. Does anyone know how to get the Eir sports on my sky box?

Bloody epic Pool game on and I have no BT sports. Does anyone know how to get the Eir sports on my sky box?

Just stream it if you have a PC or laptop...loads of sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

You just have to call Eir and they can add it.

I did it online, I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. Cheers :)

• Advertisement

I did it online, I'm not as dumb as I thought I was. Cheers :)

Don't get too carried away...you are a Liverpool fan :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement