Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have a perpetual cough. Cant shake the damned thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

When the first reply on a thread quotes the OP. Especially irritating when the OP is real long. We know who you're replying to, it's the only post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

My OH said that he thinks that he saw a mouse out in the back garden. Now every time i go out there to put the bin out or something, i scare myself with my own shadow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Olishi4 wrote: »
    My OH said that he thinks that he saw a mouse out in the back garden. Now every time i go out there to put the bin out or something, i scare myself with my own shadow :/

We have a mouse upstairs somewhere:(. Whilst I'm not afraid of them I'm still on edge. I was actually sitting on the toilet around 1am one morning and it was in the bathroom with me. There are 3 traps set, one under the eldest's bed that she doesn't know about as she would freak. The other two are under the teenagers bed. I keep finding her sleeping in the sitting room after hearing the mouse. Since the traps are set the fecker has disappeared. I don't like the idea of killing it to be honest, and we have one of those humane traps. But seriously though, you are supposed to bring the mouse 3 miles away so it can't smell it's way back. Effort of that!

Tl/dr : feckin mice

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

My parents are elderly and they insist on doing stuff around the house that is unnecessary. They've both been in and out of hospital all year.

My dad is after falling after taking washing in (who the **** puts washing out to dry in December?) and knocked my mam over. Both of them are now in hospital on New year's Eve.

**** this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

everlast75 wrote: »
    My parents are elderly and they insist on doing stuff around the house that is unnecessary. They've both been in and out of hospital all year.

My dad is after falling after taking washing in (who the **** puts washing out to dry in December?) and knocked my mam over. Both of them are now in hospital on New year's Eve.

**** this year.
    Hope they're home soon.

TA my elderly father doesn't listen as he still like to hold on to his independence which doesn't always end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The Chase Celebrity specials- definitely fixed. Just saw the Indian guy come on and only get 1 question wrong for all 4 players, he was on absolute fire. Total prize was 100k, all of a sudden he's humming and hawing and waiting 10 seconds before saying Pass, and before you know it he's lost, and it was only a 16 point final target. He threw it 100%. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

The Chase Celebrity specials- definitely fixed. Just saw the Indian guy come on and only get 1 question wrong for all 4 players, he was on absolute fire. Total prize was 100k, all of a sudden he's humming and hawing and waiting 10 seconds before saying Pass, and before you know it he's lost, and it was only a 16 point final target. He threw it 100%.

Yeah but it's for charity. He doesn't throw the proper ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Frigating wrote: »
    Yeah but it's for charity. He doesn't throw the proper ones.

Yeah I know but its just so obvious how can they think people don't notice it. Happened with Anne as well few weeks back- on absolute fire for the whole game then the second the clock starts she turns into a bumbling idiot. I know its for charity and fair play to them, but it makes me think if they are dodgy for charity runs, what else are they up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My phone won't charge past 6%

• Advertisement

Shannon757 wrote: »
    My phone won't charge past 6%

Sorry this is TA'd thread, you want tech support

Sorry this is TA'd thread, you want tech support

Well it is ta'ing me. Currently at 9% though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Stop using it when it's charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Are you sure it's not upside down??

Stop using it when it's charging.

I'm not using it

Are you sure it's not upside down??

Yes. And I've tried turning off and then on again

Yes. And I've tried turning off and then on again

What phone you have?

What phone you have?

Galaxy J3. At 14% now so creeping up

Galaxy J3. At 14% now so creeping up

Could it perhaps be that you were just being impatient

Could it perhaps be that you were just being impatient

It's been plugged in since 12:30ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah I know but its just so obvious how can they think people don't notice it. Happened with Anne as well few weeks back- on absolute fire for the whole game then the second the clock starts she turns into a bumbling idiot. I know its for charity and fair play to them, but it makes me think if they are dodgy for charity runs, what else are they up to.

Another thing that annoys me about The Chase is when they get their three offers after the first round, the player takes either what they earned or the lower offer and Bradley Walsh or the chaser talks about how they could have taken the higher offer, ignoring the fact that there are clearly different sets of questions for each amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd at the chat. Thought there was no chat allowed on this thread.

TA'd that I'm hungover and have The Fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA that some of the serial TA'ers are not posting much these days. Have they found happiness or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys me about The Chase is when they get their three offers after the first round, the player takes either what they earned or the lower offer and Bradley Walsh or the chaser talks about how they could have taken the higher offer, ignoring the fact that there are clearly different sets of questions for each amount.

When was this revealed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I should be starting on dinner but I'm drinking tea and eating chocolates. Still have to do dinner but I don't want it now.
    Also TA that Christmas came and went so quickly , I'd been looking forward to it for ages and feel deflated now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Eating all day, and I'm hungry again. So far I've had.......
    Banana, apple, and porridge with granola
    2 eggs, 3 sausages, 3 rashers, 3 pudding, beans, mushrooms, 3 hashbrowns, 4 toast.
    Cake, crisps, sweets.
    Half a big Goodfella pizza, wedges, 4 chicken goujons, curry sauce.
    It's only 6.40pm, what am I going to do? Maybe a couple of toasted sambos will keep me going for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm so annoyed with myself right now. I was going to spend the day working on a college assignment due Wednesday. I've got it started but it needs a lot more work. Think I got anything done?! No! I just procrastinated and played stupid games and watched stupid youtube videos ALL FRICKIN' DAY. UGH! Ok. I'm turning off my wifi and going to feckin' get to work on this thing!

Have the other half of that pizza.

• Advertisement

It annoys me that I'm sick of junk food and sweet things, and yet my fridge is still full of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement