Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Candie wrote: »
    It annoys me that I'm sick of junk food and sweet things, and yet my fridge is still full of them.

Dump them???

When i used be at home....we used give them to the priest to give into the local hospiteal espially around halloween time as we get hardly no trick or treaters anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Parents who let young children use those poxy little scooters on busy footpaths before they can even ride it safely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

the realisation I now have no grandparents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

All the best dude.

mansize wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

im on my last. Lost my grandmothers to cancer and grandfather to diabetes/complications. Mother's father still around. Sorry for your loss :(

TA weird feeling marking off the last day of the 2016 calendar and taking it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not to be harsh but TA'd that losing family members counts as a TA. Jesus this used to be about forgetting to put the wheelie bin out on time or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not to be harsh but TA'd that losing family members counts as a TA. Jesus this used to be about forgetting to put the wheelie bin out on time or something!

Some people just need somewhere to write it down. If that's here, then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Alright then, just always found this to be about light hearted "fun" annoyances and was kinda a laugh to read. I digress!

Missing the wheelie bin or leaving the wrong one out does p*ss me off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Mackie is editing all his posts. He has to be on the ter.

Still smoking, may God strike me down in furious anger and rage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm also bothered I rented two movies from Sky but there are no options on the frontface menu to find them. It's not exactly user friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Omackeral wrote: »

losing a family member isn't a TA

realising you have no grandparents at 36 would be, which is clearly what I posted.

Not to be harsh, misreading a post then criticising your flawed interpretation is a TA of mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

losing a family member isn't a TA

realising you have no grandparents at 36 would be, which is clearly what I posted.

Not to be harsh, misreading a post then criticising your flawed interpretation is a TA of mine

Jaysis I havent had grandparents since I was 10.

Anyway. I just realised I left my favourite hoodie in a completely different country and have no way of getting it back.

I've been looking for it for weeks, then realised where I left it.

Fcukit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Last day of the holidays. Should be enjoying it but the pessimist (misery guts) in me has taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I finally decided to sort out my wonky shoulder. Now my t-spine feels like it was beaten with a mallet. Everything feels stiff and achy. I have weeks of this ahead of me. :sad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BOD and Amy Huberman, and the Irish media's obsession with them.

The latest article
    http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/brian-odriscoll-shares-adorable-message-for-wife-amy-huberman-ahead-of-her-new-tv-drama-series-35334480.html

Are they trying to create an Irish Posh n Becks?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

People who think dogs are children.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I used to think how nice it was for people to stop with their doggies in the park so my young one could pet them.
    I'm minding a dog at the moment, took her to the park yesterday and had to stop and let about 34085742945835780347509u85.2 kids rub the dog.

Plus I've also noticed there are 'No DOgs Allowed' signs everywhere!

And the biggest TA of them all, Mince Pie season is coming to a close and have to find the shops that can't shift their stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'd have more time for other people's dogs than their children.

TA'd that I seem to attract noisy kids wherever I go. Cafes, restaurants buses, no matter where, guaranteed to be screeching and bawling kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Went to see Star Wars yesterday and there were a couple of very young kids there (obviously their parents wanted to see the film, and brought the kidlets with them) and thank Cheesus it was a noisy film, because probably for the last half-hour of it, all those kids did was run around at the front of the cinema and SCREAM at the tops of their lungs, unencumbered by parental intervention. Had it been a quieter film, I would have been arrested for murder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

went to see a classical music recital in a small church before Christmas. couple arrives in with two toddlers and sit up right in the front seat - about three feet away from the performers. thankfully the children slept through most of it but woke up about half hour before the end where they ran up and down the seat shrieking and the parents did nothing to stop them.
    what is wrong with people these days that they can't see how inconsiderate this is to other people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The insurance company that I gave hundreds of euro to didn't want to send me an actual document - I had to untick a box to prevent it being sent by email and have to print it myself. I was just getting the new 'disc' for the car and I see they couldn't even perforate it as usual but I have to cut it out myself. Trivial I know but still....anyway where's the scissors? Last seen Xmas wrapping time..grrrr

EDIT and why is a rectangular piece of paper called a disc?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have a cough which makes it hard to sleep, or to get back to sleep after a coughing fit wakes me up. Why are practically all cough medicines 'non-drowsy'? I won't be driving or operating heavy machinery so give me some drowsy cough medicine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I have a cough which makes it hard to sleep, or to get back to sleep after a coughing fit wakes me up. Why are practically all cough medicines 'non-drowsy'? I won't be driving or operating heavy machinery so give me some drowsy cough medicine!!!

Youll only get a "drowsy" one in pharmacies, just ask for one that'll help you sleep :)

TA- I've pulled the house apart in a New Year Clear Out fit, and run out of energy while the place is in an unholy state :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Thought I was making inroads with a wild cat.

Nope.

To be fair, those retractable claws are a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Drove in to town last night and went for a few drinks. Went back to the car afterwards for a scarf and then walked home nearly 2 miles right proud of myself. Tapped my pocket as I got to the door.... No house keys. Where were they? Inside the feckin car. Rang a taxi to do a €12 round trip to collect them.

Taxi driver spent the trip back to my house telling me I could probably have driven as there were no cops around. That was also quite a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I was lighting the fire I noticed a tiny spider crawling on one of the pieces of wood. Every time I tried to rescue it, it slipped away from me till I couldn't see it anymore. RIP little spider :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Get yourself some NightNurse my friend. Drowsy personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

73Cat wrote: »
    When I was lighting the fire I noticed a tiny spider crawling on one of the pieces of wood. Every time I tried to rescue it, it slipped away from me till I couldn't see it anymore. RIP little spider :(

TA'd you tried to save the Satanic bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Back to work tomorrow :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement