Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm currently approaching my second hour of the almost 4 year old in meltdown with screaming at me, kicking, hitting throwing and even him driving his remote controlled car into me repeatedly. Because he didn't like the consequences of not doing as he was told....

Looking like he has started to settle and now the 6 month old kicks off. She has been absolutely spoiled in the last week by Granny's & Grandads, aunts and uncles who have carried her around, played with her and generally fussed over her. So not being lifted up and cooed at and carried around is not going down well.

Domestic Bliss - me backside!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you try to convince yourself that your clothes have shrunk due to tumble dryer ect but in your heart you know that you've ate and drank your way through the last 2 weeks and you can actually feel the extra weight that has piled on...I've one more day of stuffing my face tomorrow and then it's back to reality. Also any disciplined people that bring their leftover junk into work tomorrow to be eaten by those of us who have no willpower will be shot on sight.

Tbh if they don't bring it in I will be TAd also ...ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA'd you tried to save the Satanic bastard.

That spider had a family who loved and will be missing it !

TA that there is still so much chocolate etc leftover from Christmas and I am still in festive mode and can't stop eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

73Cat wrote: »
    That spider had a family who loved and will be missing it !

At least you didn't name him, it would have been a lot worse.

Imagine you named him Paul.

Imagine you named him Paul and Paul had a wife called Helen. Imagine Helen had asked Paul to pick up some last minute food because their children Doreen and Clare were feeling unusually hungry, maybe due to the cold weather.

Yeah, you're lucky you didn't name Paul.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    At least you didn't name him, it would have been a lot worse.

Imagine you named him Paul.

Imagine you named him Paul and Paul had a wife called Helen. Imagine Helen had asked Paul to pick up some last minute food because their children Doreen and Clare were feeling unusually hungry, maybe due to the cold weather.

Yeah, you're lucky you didn't name Paul.

:). That is how I actually became fond of spiders. We had one in the coal bunker once, and I named her Charlotte (how original:) ). I figured it was female as it was pregnant and I developed quite the bond with her.

TA by my over active imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

They are fantastic. They're clean, keep the place free of flies etc.

You only have to put up with walking into a string of silk every once in a while. Small price to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When people on Snapchat don't pay attention to the timer running out and their next Snap starts with their sentences cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Back to work tomorrow. Why?! Why?!

It doesn't just trivially annoy me. It annoys the sh!te out of me. I'd rather iron my hands.

Also trivially annoyed that the title's not trifling anymore. Bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

back tomorrow, but i was back last week, still, off to Paris Friday for my bday weekend, and off on my bday too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Just saw an ad which features the same instrumental track that was in a YouTube video I saw.... A shaving tutorial of a woman shaving her taco in the bath. Now can't get the video of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I've been working all over Christmas so not bothered.

My annoyance is drinking red wine and having those wings at the side of your mouth. I think it's because I have no lips.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA'd that I seem to be getting a muffin top. I knew this name was a bad idea.
    Booze be gone for a while. No booze means no pringles and no chinese the next day so I'll give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Insomnia. Awake all night. Up all day. Not being in good form because I constantly feel like a boiled sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Back at work. Everyone here seems all happy and motivated.
    And then there is me. Grumpy man in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Having to jump start the land rover this morning because of the frost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Winterlong wrote: »
    Back at work. Everyone here seems all happy and motivated.
    And then there is me. Grumpy man in the corner.

I'm the happy motivated one. Just cleaned my desk and threw out all the sweets that were there since before Christmas. Don't worry, I'll probably be face down in my soup by lunch time.

TA - someone brought in a big bag of celebrations, despite us agreeing that zero junk would be brought in in January. They have been given to another department and any other crap will be binned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I'm the happy motivated one.

Grunt. :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My dog ate my sandwich. And it was a Tayto sandwich :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

People who throw non recyclable stuff into recyclable bins.

Yes the paper cup is recyclable.
    No the half a cup of tea still in it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Different year - same old fúcking shít! :mad:

• Advertisement

1. That somebody above is having huge trouble with a 4-year-old. Everybody is telling me once you get them past the "terrible twos" everything is easier so I've been offering everything up these days envisaging my retirement from active parenting when they reach 4. Lying bastards!

2. That when I went to check that Oil of Ulay is spelt as it sounded in all the ads over the decades I found out that, well, no, oil of Ulay is actually spelt Oil of Olay. A bit further digging and it was spelt Oil of Ulay and various other names depending on where in the world it was sold but in recent years they have all been renamed as Oil of Olay... except in German-speaking regions and in Italy where it remains Oil of Ulaz and in the Netherlands where it is just Ulaz. Phew! (a bit like the new correct answer to Dara Ó Briain's "triple point of water")

3. That you come across a lovely house on myhome/daft and you cross your fingers that there'll be no teenage boys hanging around the area in tracksuits (usually with their hands down their boxer shorts) or women going around in pyjamas or grafitti on the walls when you check the Google Streetview - only to discover two of the three. :mad:

4. That the thread has been changed from its Christmas name when Nollaig na mBan/Women's Christmas/Little Christmas/end of Christmas isn't until midnight on 6 January. (just realised from a Google that most of the rest of the Christian world knows this last day of Christmas as the Feast of the Epiphany - I thought Little Christmas was the universal name in its various languages)

^^^^
    I was told all about the terrible twos and how it got easier after that. She is 23 now, and not a hell of a lot of improvement. TA, adult children who still see fit at times to act like toddlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm bloated and my mouth is dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote:
    ^^^^ I was told all about the terrible twos and how it got easier after that. She is 23 now, and not a hell of a lot of improvement. TA, adult children who still see fit at times to act like toddlers.

I remember my mam telling me to enjoy the children while they're young as they're more difficult when they grow up..TA that I didn't believe her or any other advice she gave me.I think it's called karma tbhðŸ˜

People who insist on listening to the tv at a volume that would blow the ears clean off you, then try talk to you over it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm bloated and my mouth is dry.
    Ah, the auld diabetes.

73Cat wrote: »
    ^^^^
    I was told all about the terrible twos and how it got easier after that. She is 23 now, and not a hell of a lot of improvement. TA, adult children who still see fit at times to act like toddlers.
    Colser wrote: »
    I remember my mam telling me to enjoy the children while they're young as they're more difficult when they grow up..TA that I didn't believe her or any other advice she gave me.I think it's called karma tbhðŸ˜

Ah here you two...

'But I, being poor, have only my dreams;... Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.'

TA: Google. Why does it persist in bringing up Bank of America and other banks not even in Ireland as possibilities when I type in "Bank" on the way to typing Banking 365?

And why on earth is UC Davis ever a possibility when you type in UCD from Ireland? And loads and loads of other examples. The vast majority of things Irish users google will be in Ireland - restaurants, cinemas, shops, trades people, opening/closing times, etc. Google's localisation feature seems to have been better five years ago (they used to have a simple 'Pages from Ireland' feature on the main Google Page; now you have to go into Tools to tick it each time).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA: Google. Why does it persist in bringing up Bank of America and other banks not even in Ireland as possibilities when I type in "Bank" on the way to typing Banking 365?

Banking 365 is the first thing that comes up for me....TA'ed with myself that I had to try it :D:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The amount of repeat programmes on Irish tv channels over the last few weeks, one channel shows it Tuesday another shows it the next day, but the best was RTE showing Top Gear, source of the Nile on Sunday....and showed it again on Monday...the same bloody one.

• Advertisement

Drawn out conversations. Someone telling me about a recent trip to hospital.

"And they couldn't find a vein so they tried behind my elbow and then my hand and then behind the elbow again and the doctor said I had bad veins and if e couldn't get it there they'd have to try the other hand but they ended up finding the vein and putting the drip in.
    I was there on the Friday night and they had me fasting and insaid I wanted a drink and the night nurse came in and said no you're fasting and i said I don't care I want a drink I'm thirsty and she said no you can't have one and then I said I needed one and she said no you don't you're on the drip and then she said she'd be back but she didn't come back and then I said to the next nurse I needed a drink and she told me I couldn't have it because I was fasting but I told her I needed it and she said I could have ice chips but I said no because I just needed the drink, and I even text my mother to bring me in a bottle of water but...."

Over an hour telling me "he said she said I said". "And then I said i was going home and the doctor said no I needed to stay and I said I didn't care I wanted to go home at least I could get a drink if I wanted one and then he said.."

On and on and on and on. ****ing bulletpoint it for me and send it as a PowerPoint. Jesus Christ. Whatever happened to "the last time I was admitted to hospital the drip wasn't set correctly and it was slow and I got a headache from dehydration. The nurse eventually noticed when I told her I was thirsty"

And even at that I'd still be balls deep in boredom

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement