Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

The way that Sharon Ni Bheolain over emphasises everything when interviewing someone, just to make things seem dramatic when they really aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

When you have a day at work with feck all to do and 20min before finishing time a job that will take over an hour lands on your desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Got soup and bread for lunch. Wolfed the bread, now I have soup and no bread for lunch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Being in the loo in work when the cleaner comes in. I have to wait it out as I can't have him thinking that smell is all mine

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

TA'd passing all those folks sitting outside a pub with their lovely icy cold pint enjoying the nice weather while I'm on my way back to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

This problem has been brought up several times over different threads... parking in disabled places when you are perfectly able bodied and have no permit.
    But it was the surface carpark last Tuesday evening in Dundrum shopping centre that really annoyed me.
    It was pouring rain, and all but one of the eight of the spaces were vacant, of the seven parked cars, one had a permit, one car (no permit) took up two spaces and the others had no permits.
    Plenty of spaces available elsewhere, but these lazy sods didn't want to get a few extra raindrops on their delicate heads.
    Oh, and from the direction I was walking it took less than a minute to see who had or had not got a permit ;)
    Mentioned it to security who didn't give a toss either :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

K.Flyer wrote: »
    This problem has been brought up several times over different threads... parking in disabled places when you are perfectly able bodied and have no permit.
    But it was the surface carpark last Tuesday evening in Dundrum shopping centre that really annoyed me.
    It was pouring rain, and all but one of the eight of the spaces were vacant, of the seven parked cars, one had a permit, one car (no permit) took up two spaces and the others had no permits.
    Plenty of spaces available elsewhere, but these lazy sods didn't want to get a few extra raindrops on their delicate heads.
    Oh, and from the direction I was walking it took less than a minute to see who had or had not got a permit ;)
    Mentioned it to security who didn't give a toss either :mad:

same with the m1 in Drogheda, there is no enforcement to stop these people parking in disabled spots. I also don't understand the 'family' parking spot. Why do they park close? But it really annoys me when people park where they shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Seriously, there are 3 cubicles in the gents. I don't know if you get off on the sounds of your fellow man but STOP USING THE MIDDLE CUBICLE WHEN ALL OTHERS ARE EMPTY. It's the bloody buffer zone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭MarcoAntonio23

TA'd that my colleagues keep saying I'm french.
    I'm Corsican, we have our own language Corsu, which also happens to be my surname & we identify with & have more in common with italians than the french.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

TA'd that my colleagues keep saying I'm french.
    I'm Corsican, we have our own language Corsu, which also happens to be my surname & we identify with & have more in common with italians than the french.

You should let them know that for you, that's like telling an Irish person they're English. I doubt they will do it again. (Assuming your colleagues are Irish).

TA'd that now I'm going to be dreaming of going to Corsica on holidays, as well as Italy which has been dominating my holiday fantasies all week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Birneybau wrote: »
    Seriously, there are 3 cubicles in the gents. I don't know if you get off on the sounds of your fellow man but STOP USING THE MIDDLE CUBICLE WHEN ALL OTHERS ARE EMPTY. It's the bloody buffer zone.

I agree.

What happens if he came in and it was the only available cubicle. The two others left, leaving him in limbo?

I get TA'd when people leave me in limbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Being stuck behind someone in a long line of traffic, on a long straight stretch of road...and they haven't turned their left indicator off. Driving straight, straight straaaaaaaight ahead with nary a left turn in sight, and yet that light just keeps blinking. The radio must be REAL loud if you cant hear the clicking sound inside the car. JUST TURN IT OFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

anyone acting surprised we didn't qualify for the eurovision final.

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Got soup and bread for lunch. Wolfed the bread, now I have soup and no bread for lunch :(

TA when the soup of the day is not what you like, or its something different or healthy so you give it a try but its Shiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    anyone acting surprised we didn't qualify for the eurovision final.

I'm delighted! We will never win it again and i could care less. Last year australia was in it ffs.

What do we do? We send a washed up "singer" from a crap boyband, who just happens to work for rte. as far as I know, Ireland didn't even have a contest, he was just sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Leaving my glasses in the bathroom after I've had a shower and not realising until I'm in bed with a cat snuggling me. Major TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA when deadline is Monday and I hate everything I have done regardless of suggestions given to me?!
    Argh!

TA It's Friday the 13th...freaked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I'm a good singer but every once in a while I have a day where I'm flat as fook and it really p1sses me off! Every time it happens I get freaked that my voice will never come back. It always has so far but one day . . . .

TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

When contents of squeezy bottles make it onto the outside. That little dribble of honey or washing up liquid that makes the bottle either stick to your hand or go flying half way across the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Subacio wrote: »
    When contents of squeezy bottles make it onto the outside. That little dribble of honey or washing up liquid that makes the bottle either stick to your hand or go flying half way across the kitchen.

Or when you don't notice it for ages and go to pick it up only to find it has decided to basically glue itself to the shelf. I'm looking at you, small squeezy bottle of honey :mad:

People throwing cigarette butts from cars.

Non indicating car driving pricks

The people using those vape electronic cigarettes inside public places. I don't care if it's legal.

Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

764dak wrote: »
    People who have the audacity to say "Mathematics is harder THEN English".

People who say "then" instead of "than" because I know they are doing it on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

when you sit down to watch a program and they show highlights of what your about to watch and in some cases ruining the program.
    Why do that. Im sitting down to watch it. I don't mind if its the previous episode but on the current one. why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

public service employees that have worked in the public service for so many years they feel it's appropriate to treat any new entrants like dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

People insisting you watch youtube videos on their phone they think are funny and like 2+ mins long. happens in work a good bit with one particular guy. very annoying !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People who don't offer to throw someone a few bob for doing some oddjobs for them.

My other half has been doing odds and ends for my parents recently, little things like fixing one of their doors, painting two doors, dropping them to garden centres, fixing this and that, helping them get rid of some old furniture, and it hasn't occurred to them to give him a few quid.

I'm furious on his behalf but he said it doesn't matter.
    I said it does matter; petrol costs money and the amount of driving he has done to help them out.

Thing is, my parents are actually very kind and would hate to think they were taking advantage of him, but they are.
    I feel like saying it to them. Something like: "Would you not throw him a few bob for all the little jobs he's done for you?"

They wouldn't hesitate in paying a stranger to do it and I know it's family and we all do favours, but he's done quite a bit and now they want him to hang up pictures for him.
    Fine, but we live forty minutes away from them so at least chip in for petrol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I'm delighted! We will never win it again and i could care less. Last year australia was in it ffs.

What do we do? We send a washed up "singer" from a crap boyband, who just happens to work for rte. as far as I know, Ireland didn't even have a contest, he was just sent.
    There'd be no point sending a real musician because it is not a song contest anymore. (TA)

TA'd about the the difference between "I could care less" and "I couldn't care less". The more I think about it, one (to me anyway) seems to contradict the other and but both seem to be correct, I think. Anyway, I couldn't give a sh1t (or could I?) which is right.

Really TA'd that we can't debate it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Someone has blocked my driveway again, feckin sick of this. More then trivially annoyed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement