Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

My OH was talking to a friend of ours on the phone and when saying goodbye, they said to him, "sure I'll see ya at the weekend" ???? Neither of us recall arranging anything with them but it sounds like they are coming over! Are they just inviting themselves over or wtf? Ah well I guess I now have plans for the weekend :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Drawn out conversations. Someone telling me about a recent trip to hospital.

"And they couldn't find a vein so they tried behind my elbow and then my hand and then behind the elbow again and the doctor said I had bad veins and if e couldn't get it there they'd have to try the other hand but they ended up finding the vein and putting the drip in.
    I was there on the Friday night and they had me fasting and insaid I wanted a drink and the night nurse came in and said no you're fasting and i said I don't care I want a drink I'm thirsty and she said no you can't have one and then I said I needed one and she said no you don't you're on the drip and then she said she'd be back but she didn't come back and then I said to the next nurse I needed a drink and she told me I couldn't have it because I was fasting but I told her I needed it and she said I could have ice chips but I said no because I just needed the drink, and I even text my mother to bring me in a bottle of water but...."

Over an hour telling me "he said she said I said". "And then I said i was going home and the doctor said no I needed to stay and I said I didn't care I wanted to go home at least I could get a drink if I wanted one and then he said.."

On and on and on and on. ****ing bulletpoint it for me and send it as a PowerPoint. Jesus Christ. Whatever happened to "the last time I was admitted to hospital the drip wasn't set correctly and it was slow and I got a headache from dehydration. The nurse eventually noticed when I told her I was thirsty"

And even at that I'd still be balls deep in boredom

reminds me of a friend who used to show me her holiday photos years ago with the same level of detail. what you described above would be equivalent to just one photo . . it was insufferable

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

A woman attempting to force feed her child scrambled eggs today making the most excruciating, patronising sounds in the process. MMMMMMM yummy eggy weggs mmmm sooo scrummyy, if they're so "yummy" eat them yourself you silly cow. Poor kid, can only imagine how he'll turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mrs Brown's Boys seems to have been on every night over the Christmas! Sitting down looking forward to a bit of telly and lo and behold she's on again, on RTE and on BBC - even the non NI one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That freezing cold would tear the nipples off a person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

my family

Banking 365 is the first thing that comes up for me....TA'ed with myself that I had to try it :D:

Strange. Here's a screengrab I just took:

Bank...

My TA:

The difference between the Full Site version and the Touch Site version of this post (and, I now assume, most other Boards posts). There's lots of text simply missing from the android/mobile/Touch Site version. I would have expected each version to have the same content shaped for different devices - not actual content missing.

I just noticed also that while Surreptitious is the last poster on the Full Site version, he/she doesn't appear on the Touch Site version (Poochie is), even though so far their post was published 11 minutes ago. You can all switch between versions at the bottom right of the Boards page and see the differences yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

I'm babysitting and there's a video baby monitor. I can't stop checking it and every noise or every time the baby turns over is making me jump. Must. Stop. Watching it.

Another TA is that I never babysat as a teenager, seems fairly lucrative for sitting around eating, and watching TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

PR speak from politicians.

Replacing the word problems with challenges.

Eg. Headline on RTE - minister says hospitals facing challenges.

No - they're f**king problems.

(Which, Minister, you've got the portfolio for so f**king fix it rather than spew non-statements).

And also, why do news channels report this. It is not "news" - it's free PR for the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Suggested videos on YouTube. They're not even close to types of videos I've watched.
    Frustrates the head off me as much because I feel more obliged to click on "not interested" than to just ignore.
    And then after clicking "not interested" it tells me it'll remember my choices. Guess what'll be suggested tomorrow. Same sh*te.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

First morning of my holiday, awake at 6am -_- still, at least I don't have to move for a few hours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Waking at 2.30- still awake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Was harder to get up this morning than yesterday and I had even set my alarm an hour later than usual to allow for it!

Was up at 5 yesterday no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Drawn out conversations. Someone telling me about a recent trip to hospital.

"And they couldn't find a vein so they tried behind my elbow and then my hand and then behind the elbow again and the doctor said I had bad veins and if e couldn't get it there they'd have to try the other hand but they ended up finding the vein and putting the drip in.
    I was there on the Friday night and they had me fasting and insaid I wanted a drink and the night nurse came in and said no you're fasting and i said I don't care I want a drink I'm thirsty and she said no you can't have one and then I said I needed one and she said no you don't you're on the drip and then she said she'd be back but she didn't come back and then I said to the next nurse I needed a drink and she told me I couldn't have it because I was fasting but I told her I needed it and she said I could have ice chips but I said no because I just needed the drink, and I even text my mother to bring me in a bottle of water but...."

Over an hour telling me "he said she said I said". "And then I said i was going home and the doctor said no I needed to stay and I said I didn't care I wanted to go home at least I could get a drink if I wanted one and then he said.."

On and on and on and on. ****ing bulletpoint it for me and send it as a PowerPoint. Jesus Christ. Whatever happened to "the last time I was admitted to hospital the drip wasn't set correctly and it was slow and I got a headache from dehydration. The nurse eventually noticed when I told her I was thirsty"

And even at that I'd still be balls deep in boredom

You have just more or less described every conversation with family members on the annual Christmas Cabin fever trip home(I do love them really!)......oh well at least I look forward to riveting conversation with my office colleagues when I return.....aaahhh crap ZZzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

1st morning back at work and had to ring in sick as struck down with some sort of flu/bug. Not going to hand 50 to the doc to find out. Annoying me but I suppose better than going in and having to sit in meetings sweating,coughing and spluttering and being generally unproductive. Another day in the leaba awaits.

So being sick annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When you've been looking forward to that bar of chocolate you know is in the cupboard and someone has already eaten it.

Not knowing if the milk is gone off or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Last night was the first night in 3 weeks I played 5 a side.....my body is paying for it this morning which is a TA!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

My feet are on fire. Damn you, Type 2 diabetes :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Notifications on my phone for dumb things. Every day a friend on snapchat updates me every single time he does something. A good morning he's up snap. His breakfast snap. Off to work snap. Snaps in work. Snaps when he gets home. Snaps of soccer he's watching. Snap of the slow cooker. Snap of whatever movie he's watching before bed and a goodnight snap.

He puts these all up as his story too so I'm wondering why he thinks why I give a **** why I'd be interested. It drives me mad seeing notifications on my phone though so I open it up to clear the notification and I will hardly be ten mins out of the app when there's a new notification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I left the heating on in my office overnight, walked in this morning to a sauna!

My co-workers had better knock before coming in, as today I'll be working in my underwear..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

People who throw non recyclable stuff into recyclable bins.

Yes the paper cup is recyclable.
    No the half a cup of tea still in it is not.

How about having 3 bins in the office to separate waste / paper and glass or tin, and constant emails and reminders about the importance to use each for cost to the company and the good of the planet.....all well and good.

Most evenings the cleaner comes up and empties all 3 bins into the one black bin liner and turfs it into the general waste skip anyway :) what a genius!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

When a mod reprimands a poster and the same auld lick arses fall over themselves to thank the post. God almighty.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

gossamer wrote: »
    When a mod reprimands a poster and the same auld lick arses fall over themselves to thank the post. God almighty.

Well well well, let's just see if this comes true.

This thread is not a place for coming to 'take shots'/aim abuse/aire your greivances/be a dick at or about other posters on the forum.

How about not posting in this thread again please.

EDIT: Thread Ban is lifted after discussion by PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Back to TA'ing.

Someone just showed me how to quick launch, from screen off, the camera on my phone.
    I had been entering credentials, finding the app, launching the app....

Feel like a dope now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When you're listening to music and The Cure's "Friday I'm in Love" comes on....but tis only Wednesday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I was just listening to a music stream with A-ha "Take me on" was on and had the big build up before it it switched to Bucks fizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"All that aul Xmas and New Year thing is a pile of Shiite, isn't it?"

Fcuk off and live in Saudi Arabia or some place where nobody celebrates anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Bit the inside of my cheek. I am in agony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Board's just disappeared off my phone so now I'm on it but everything is huge,totally disoriented and I want my old one back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement