Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Board's just disappeared off my phone so now I'm on it but everything is huge,totally disoriented and I want my old one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Self-appointed (i.e. non-) moderators (on all forums everywhere, it seems) who call for threads to be locked, when they could easily ignore them instead.

People at my local Lidl who, instead of parking in the spaces provided, feel the need to park right up beside the entrance/porch, closer than even the disabled spaces.

Also TA'd that I've completely forgotten the other thing I thought of earlier today that I meant to add to this list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

My green bin wasn't collected and it's full to the brim with christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA'd at my bogger housemate playing didfly-i Irish language songs really loudly.

TA that my boyfriend has awful taste in films so I had to leave the room. Underworld. Like, if it's not Tom Cruise in the 80s, it's not worth watching. :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

When the woman beside you in the gym is wiping the floor with you on her workout and she's 31 weeks pregnant :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Newstalk this morning. Two of the "proper" presenters, Colette Fitzpatrick and Shane Coleman.

They were covering the newspapers and actually gave airtime to the suggestion that Mark Zuckerburg could be running for president. When Colette asked why was there speculation, the reply was that he was starting to make comments on social issues. When she asked if that was sufficient grounds for speculation, Coleman responded.. Well since Trump won, the floodgates of possibilities have opened (!?) and names such as Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Tom Hanks are being suggested.

In libel laws, if you repeat the libel you can be found guilty. It should be the case that in journalism, if you repeat a stupid f**king story, then you are de facto f**king stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Everything....just fúcking everything!! I'd love to go home and get into bed for about 48 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

This must be the longest week known to man.
    It will be another 10 weeks before my next break. How the blazes will I last that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself cos I'm so bloody chirpy and cheerful ! FFS ! what is wrong with me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My kitten has a damaged pelvis and is on cage rest for a month. I'm still on my Christmas holidays so I bring her around the house with me. But she will not stop meowing!!!!! She's driving me crazy but I don't have the heart to put her in another room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My kitten has a damaged pelvis and is on cage rest for a month. I'm still on my Christmas holidays so I bring her around the house with me. But she will not stop meowing!!!!! She's driving me crazy but I don't have the heart to put her in another room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Busting my bollox in a neighbouring house while the eldest son 18 is outside playing with the dog looking at his phone and generally doing feck all. Get in here and give me a hand ya clown. Show some initiative. You were looking for work from me during the summer. Now it's on your doorstep and you can't be bothered. When I was 18 I didn't have a car bought for me either. Spoilt fecker. :(
    Sorry rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Batteries in smoke alarms that die in the middle of the night.

Decided to chance dying of smoke inhalation just for a quiet night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The never ending game of cat & mouse played with the butter!!

Do I take it out of the fridge when I need it, when the butter dish is empty? its cold, and I can easily take it out of its wrapper and man handle it into the dish without getting too much of buttery fingers, but alas I won't be able to use it for a few hours as it'll be harder than diamond.

Or do I take it out of the fridge early, when the butter in the dish is only nearing being finished? It'll therefore be at room temperature, and instantly available for spreading. But alas, I risk the mess that is butter going everywhere when I try and get it from its wrapper to the butter dish!!

Check & mate..

Well played butter. Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Subacio wrote: »
    Batteries in smoke alarms that die in the middle of the night.

Decided to chance dying of smoke inhalation just for a quiet night.
    Whats with that? They only start chirping at night! I have never had to fix one that started chirping at normal hours, I always have to get out of bed to do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Do I take it out of the fridge when I need it, when the butter dish is empty?

My TA is I'm pretty sure there's a butter dish somewhere in the house but I'd have to do a big search.

My butter dish is a DairyGold tub and I feel like I'm a savage now :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 82,716 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The laptops that the RTÉ news presenters have where you can see the flashing LAN socket light at the back, it's bloody annoying and distracting, once you know it's there you can't keep your eyes off it. Can they blu tack over it or paint it black to hide it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The laptops that the RTÉ news presenters have where you can see the flashing LAN socket light at the back, it's bloody annoying and distracting, once you know it's there you can't keep your eyes off it. Can they blu tack over it or paint it black to hide it?

I'm gonna notice from now on. Thanks.

Another TA is that someone managed to smash the mirror of my grandfather's car when we were delivering turf. So much hassle to sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

how bare the place looks after taking down my decorations. bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I crowned, I mean proper crowned my elbow off the corner of a door.

The pain (albeit brief) was something else..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

The following mispronunciations...
    • Modren
    • Colyum
    • Tremenjus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA it temporarily feels like someone has died when the decorations and tree comes down.

Though I think it's important to get them down ASAP, having them up well into january is overkill and depressing imo, you have to know when its over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I decided that this year i would try and be less irked by irrelevant things but today I spent most of the day complaining about how I'm no longer supposed to complain. I'm now annoyed that I need to be annoyed less frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA at hearing rain outside, it hasn't rained much in a while.
    And for not being that person who loves rain on the window when they're in bed. I hate the sound of it, sometimes it's like someone chewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I wish my Memory Stick would turn up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm all day trying to get the speakers to work in my new monitor to no avail. Now I have to go away and get another one. I got nawthin done all day over it and I thought you just plug it in and it works but evidently not. No doubt they will pawn off some ****e replacement instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA at the fizzy drink that kept me awake half the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Pettiness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA that I've no seat cushions on the chairs in the kitchen (sitting on one now). I don't like seat cushions. But I don't like my chairs without them either. I don't want to change chairs.Going to have to buy STUPID STUPID seat cushions. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Narrowly avoiding a bird sh1tting on me, disgusting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement