Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Narrowly avoiding a bird sh1tting on me, disgusting

Is that not something to be trivially happy about?
    TA'd my tobacco is dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

When YouTube stops working when listening to music while working!

"Network Gateway Error" - fúck off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

The recommended dose of sinutab is 2 every four hours but there's an uneven number of tablets in the packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

ciaradx wrote: »
    The recommended dose of sinutab is 2 every four hours but there's an uneven number of tablets in the packet.

That is so damn annoying. Also the fact that you are not supposed to take them at bedtime, when I would need them most, as they cause sleep disturbance.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been doggie-sitting the past week. She goes back to her home and family tomorrow, I promised I wouldn't get attached. I did.

I hope she does one of those doggie movie things and finds her way back to my house in a couple of days.

Her massive poops TA me alot. I lost loads of cool points scooping up a massive crap last night in front of some young folk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am bored. Bored to beyond TA...but there is no 'worse than Trivially annoying' thread so here I am.
    Bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Major TA getting ready for going back to school on Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Took a half day to get loads of stuff done...need to return a heap of stuff to shops,get more school stuff,search the house for uniform,take down decorations,get groceries,tidy my bedroom ,sort head wrecking car insurance ect. ect.BUT I'm thrown on the couch messing with my phone and my get up and go seems to have got up and gone...waste of a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being too self aware of my own faults.
    I am a drama queen and I am a complete perfectionist in my own work which makes me super critical of people who I don't think are.
    So for example, if I get sick I have to have a chat with myself "right Lexie I know you feel like you're going to die but you're dramatic as fug so you probably are only 40% as bad as you think you are". And that's OK a lot of the time but sometimes I'm wrong and I really am unwell but keep pushing myself because I know I can't show myself any sympathy because it's probably not as bad as I think and I don't/can't trust my own judgement.

I got my hair cut before Xmas. It's awful and I hate it. It's the worst. I'm really unhappy with it. But I'm unhappy with most services, waxing didn't take 100% of the hair, massage wasn't deep enough, if I get my makeup done I'll always have to change or fix things myself. I'm never happy. But then when I'm actually properly unhappy with something I can't figure out if it's just because I'm highly critical or if it's a genuine complaint. I don't want to be that wagon going back being like "fix it it's horrific and ruining my life" if it's fine

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I got my hair cut before Xmas. It's awful and I hate it. It's the worst. I'm really unhappy with it. But I'm unhappy with most services, waxing didn't take 100% of the hair, massage wasn't deep enough, if I get my makeup done I'll always have to change or fix things myself. I'm never happy. But then when I'm actually properly unhappy with something I can't figure out if it's just because I'm highly critical or if it's a genuine complaint. I don't want to be that wagon going back being like "fix it it's horrific and ruining my life" if it's fine
    Are you my wife? This 'never happy' thing is a huge frustration. I'm beginning to think it is really just a bad habit. I'm going to stop going for coffee, as the coffee is never quite hot enough. I'm going to stop going for meals, as the chips are always 'stone cold'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Bandage

The self-congratulatory tone of some people on the likes of LinkedIn.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Going back up to college tomorrow, which means I'm not going to see my cat until May. (Or my family, but I can Skype and text them.)

To make things worse, as soon as I took note of this fact some mischievous devil took the opportunity to hide a bowl of chopped onions in my room, so now I can't stop sniffing. It's definitely the onions though, yes...

Not cat related: Nearly every chocolate in this box of Roses is just caramel in chocolate. I don't mind one or two but come on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Milk and bread.

We either have none, or two of each. We can't get it right.
    If my husband presumes I'll buy it on the way home or vice versa, we'll have none and someone has to go back out.
    If either of us goes ahead and buys it anyway, you can bet your ninny we'll both buy it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Was hungover today and I took down all the Christmas decorations and tree and I'm no better for it.
    I feel awful. No more drinking for me.

Til tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm exhausted. I need a holiday. Or else just to lie in bed for a few days and watch movies on Sky. I've loads of washing to do, need to finish work and have to bring back that stoopid monitor. How come other people have so much free time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd at the same man who paces back and forth at my bus stop nearly every morning, particularly when the bus is late and I've to watch him walk back and forth for about 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

RTÉ really pushing hard with the ads for their new dancing show, almost desperately pushing it at this stage!!

I know 3 of the 'stars' on the show, Des Bishop, Des Cahill & Theresa Mannion (all RTÉ employees), I don't know (or want to know) anyone else.
    Stars indeed.

Theresa really won the RTÉ lottery with that 'famous' news report she gave during some inclement weather a while back!!

I predict that before years end, she'll be fronting a show on RTÉ of some sort!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

RTÉ really pushing hard with the ads for their new dancing show, almost desperately pushing it at this stage!!

I know 3 of the 'stars' on the show, Des Bishop, Des Cahill & Theresa Mannion (all RTÉ employees), I don't know (or want to know) anyone else.
    Stars indeed.

Theresa really won the RTÉ lottery with that 'famous' news report she gave during some inclement weather a while back!!

I predict that before years end, she'll be fronting a show on RTÉ of some sort!!

I've said it before...we don't have celebs in Ireland and I cringe when they wheel out weather presenters/news readers and bloody sports pundits and call them stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fussyonion wrote: »
    I've said it before...we don't have celebs in Ireland and I cringe when they wheel out weather presenters/news readers and bloody sports pundits and call them stars.

Trappatoni's translater had a good run of it for a few years on these types of shows!!

A f**king translator.

TA'd that our licence fee pays for this utterly cheap yet easy to produce TV.

The majority of shows now on RTÉ that are not repeats are basically a camera crew following people around..

Stetsons & Stiletos
    Ireland's fittest family
    This dancing rubbish

Very little production, but lots and lots of air time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Trappatoni's translater had a good run of it for a few years on these types of shows!!

A f**king translator.

The majority of shows now on RTÉ that are not repeats are basically a camera crew following people around..

Stetsons & Stiletos
    Ireland's fittest family
    This dancing rubbish

if I could thank this a thousand times I would. we had a half hour programme before the news last night promoting this show and then we had more of it on the late late show. and Rte will milk it to death before it ends and no doubt it'll be all over the various radio shows on Monday too. have to pay my licence this week and it really sickens me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The first political party that proposes cutting RTE down to a 1 radio and 1 tv channel public (interest) services broadcaster will get my vote.
    Cut out all the crap. ..especially the crap they are no good at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

RTE should be wound up.

It's full of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

RTE should be wound up.

It's full of bollox

This type of bollox maybe.
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/colms-214000-fee-comes-as-shock-to-exsidekick-jim-jim-26793685.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Whenever I see a photo of Brendan O'Carroll he is either dressed up like a granny or has glasses on his head. Glasses on his head!

Either wear the ****ing things or put them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

fussyonion wrote: »

A f**king translator.

Stetsons & Stiletos
    Ireland's fittest family
    This dancing rubbish

In fairness, I'll defend Ireland's Fittest Family - great family viewing, and well put together. A fair degree of work must go into the courses (though I know these are reused from other events), no celeb angle - the mentors really do mentoring and team building, and you can see the impact of this in the team results.

I'd be surprised if the format isn't picked up in the UK and beyond - fair play to Davy Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I forgot the George Foreman grill was plugged in and picked it up to move it. I think I have singed off the fingerprints on my left hand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When a journalist/interviewer lets politicians sidestep them on a burning question. Ffs put some pressure on them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

TheLiberal.ie

Actually, it's far from trivial :mad:

ETA: and far from liberal.

Don't want to derail the thread and apologies if this is soapboxing but people need to educate themselves about this vile publication

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Putting Xmas decorations up into the attic. Pain in the hole.

Took fooking ages and the place now looks like it was robbed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

everlast75 wrote: »
    Putting Xmas decorations up into the attic. Pain in the hole.

Took fooking ages and the place now looks like it was robbed!

Annoyed that I have to do this tomorrow :(

Also by my neighbour who picks this time every single fecking night to put bottles in his recycling bin......why!!!???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement