Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Can't find my veins. Can't take injection without veins. Much pain with injection. Big TA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Can't find my veins. Can't take injection without veins. Much pain with injection. Big TA

Absolutely dying after it. Double TA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I once had multiple veins blown through and several attempts to find a vein and the girl eventually had to swap with someone else who was able to do it first try. Must have been her first day

and every time I get bloods taken they stick the needle in and then DROP IT and it slumps down and you can feel it on the inside of your vein

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Finding a stray Christmas decoration after you've packed and put the box back up in the attic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

73Cat wrote: »
    I forgot the George Foreman grill was plugged in and picked it up to move it. I think I have singed off the fingerprints on my left hand :(

Did the very same last week. And what's more it wasn't the first time I did it either! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Driving over the bridge and away out of town behind my daughter when she pulls in and throws on her hazards, so I pull in behind her, she gets out and says she just got a call that I'd left my phone plugged in charging at my mothers. Back I have to go :(

Firing pizzas in the oven for dinner and there is loads leftover because the eldest "wasn't feeling" pizza and made pasta for herself and the boyfriend.

The thoughts of having to get children out the door to school in the morning. The teenager, who absolutely hates school, is in a heap over going back and is like an antichrist. I'll be chasing the little one with the hairbrush while she runs screaming that she doesn't need her hair brushed. How in God's name did my life come to be like this? I was made for finer things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

73Cat wrote:
    The thoughts of having to get children out the door to school in the morning. The teenager, who absolutely hates school, is in a heap over going back and is like an antichrist. I'll be chasing the little one with the hairbrush while she runs screaming that she doesn't need her hair brushed. How in God's name did my life come to be like this? I was made for finer things

Sounds like my life. Pain in arse teen and smallies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Sounds like my life. Pain in arse teen and smallies

Trying to get a teen to go to bed now..11 yr old went up no bother at 9pm..the older they are the harder it is..that PlayStation is going out the window....again.ðŸ˜

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I need to be asleep. I should be asleep. I should be listening to my super soothing playlist on Spotify.

I'm listening to Black or White by MJ and I feel like dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

**** all sleep on a Sunday night does not make a promising start to a week :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

s4uv3 wrote: »
    **** all sleep on a Sunday night does not make a promising start to a week :mad:

And my favourite work top exploded all down the side when I put it on.
    And that's only the trivial shyte for the morning :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Annoyed that I have to do this tomorrow :(

Also by my neighbour who picks this time every single fecking night to put bottles in his recycling bin......why!!!???

Where I live (UK) they have a notice about noise restriction where bottles can't or shouldn't be thrown in there before or after a certain time. Thankfully the bin is away from me but the lad living closest has his head wrecked from it.

TA my cross the hall neighbour, who is a complete weirdo, has his radio blasting 24/7, it must be in his hallway as I can hear every word made out. Thankfully it's not too bad for us but when folk stay our spare room is on that side and can often be affected by it. The clown won't lower it, or, I should say he will for a day or two and then it goes back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I have to wait a month for my monitor. It seems they gave me the wrong one that had no speakers and after two days of everyone trying to fix it, none of them copped onto the fact that they had given me the wrong model. Back to a tiny screen again it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Trapped wind. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I chipped a tooth over Christmas. It wasn't hurting so I thought "I'll deal with it in the new year". Sure enough, I was lazy about getting to a dentist. In the last 24 hours it has started hurting like hell. I'm in work and I have 4 more hours until my dentist appointment. Life is pain. I have nobody to blame but myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

When I go to buy something in a shop and I use my bank card, and the person behind the counter takes my card off me and does the touch and go payment method without asking if I want to pay that way or use my PIN. Now I have to wait up to a week for that transaction to go through to my bank account and I lose track on how much money I have during the week. It catches me off guard. At least ask me if I want to tap it or input my PIN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself for looking at the daily heil website. I really should know better. I don't give a damn about a bunch of young women prancing about on tropical shores in their bikinis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

When I go to buy something in a shop and I use my bank card, and the person behind the counter takes my card off me and does the touch and go payment method without asking if I want to pay that way or use my PIN. Now I have to wait up to a week for that transaction to go through to my bank account and I lose track on how much money I have during the week. It catches me off guard. At least ask me if I want to tap it or input my PIN!!

Does it really impact how/when the transaction gets posted to your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Work in retail so here's a few

People who get bothered by the charge of the plastic bags...its over ten years now ffs
    People who come in the last couple of minutes, you tell them your closing in next few minutes and take forever to pick something
    People who whinge why cant I reduce any further prices
    People who make the lame joke when your coming out of the store room that "I had the whole store to myself, I could've robbed ya blind" so not funny
    People who keep notes/money in their socks/shoes
    Women who enter the stores in pyjamas
    People who tell me their life story/how was your day - ive stuff to be doing and honestly I don't care and theres a line forming who want to be served

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Does it really impact how/when the transaction gets posted to your account?

Apparently it takes a couple of days for your online banking to recognise that you've used it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I have to go to the doctor and I don't wanna :(

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Why don't you just put you card into the machine rather than handing it to the person and not bothering to tell them how you would prefer to use your card?

TA's that people's behaviour in shops still irritates me even though I'm two glorious years away from the world of retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Dogs that bark at you from windows in houses as you walk by.

Flip off dog, I'm allowed walk here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Not having had breakfast and making up for it by scoffing Roses at work all day.

... I feel sick now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm getting a bloody migraine.

Please please please please let me get my dinner in my belly first so I can at least get to bed before I starve :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA that every time I read this thread or the TH thread from my phone, for some reason the phone 'unfollows' it for me. I had to catch up on over a week of everyone else's TAs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Not so TA: Made an idiotic mistake driving through a roundabout. Absolutely raging with myself, I just wasn't paying enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

just put my decorations up in the attic, which is a bit of a palaver. but there's always one, every flipping year, that I forget - this time it's a wreath hanging on the door, well I'm not going up in the attic again, going to throw it under the stairs and hope I remember where it is next Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Not so TA: Made an idiotic mistake driving through a roundabout. Absolutely raging with myself, I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Sorry but this made me laugh when I saw your nameðŸ˜

When you go on your break and someone is eating a big bag of crisps...stuffing them into their mouth and then licking their fingers individually ..turned my stomach and I couldn't eat my food and it's still making me feel sick when I think about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement