Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Colser wrote: »
    Sorry but this made me laugh when I saw your nameðŸ˜

When you go on your break and someone is eating a big bag of crisps...stuffing them into their mouth and then licking their fingers individually ..turned my stomach and I couldn't eat my food and it's still making me feel sick when I think about it.

Ta that i would give my right arm for a pack of crisps right now .!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ta that i would give my right arm for a pack of crisps right now .!

Call over I've loads here.I love them but I know I'll get flashbacks for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

People who make everything into a drama or a crisis. It's turning colder with a risk of light snow and it's "and I have to take the cat to the vet down that treacherous road with all the icy hills and me with this awful flu......". Fair enough if it's all true but it's the same old sob story every time you talk to them. Probably starved of attention but it just makes you more determined to keep contact to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I chipped a tooth over Christmas. It wasn't hurting so I thought "I'll deal with it in the new year". Sure enough, I was lazy about getting to a dentist. In the last 24 hours it has started hurting like hell. I'm in work and I have 4 more hours until my dentist appointment. Life is pain. I have nobody to blame but myself.

The offending tooth is gone. Now I'm annoyed because I thought when I left the dentist it would all be over, but the cure is worse than the disease. No coffee for 24 hours!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People who make everything into a drama or a crisis. It's turning colder with a risk of light snow and it's "and I have to take the cat to the vet down that treacherous road with all the icy hills and me with this awful flu......". Fair enough if it's all true but it's the same old sob story every time you talk to them. Probably starved of attention but it just makes you more determined to keep contact to a minimum.

You've met my family..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

My trivial annoyance, why parents of little people can't just say how old they are properly.. i.e. oh little Johnny is 26 months old or little Mary is 13 months.. Arrgh just really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Kajemo wrote: »
    My trivial annoyance, why parents of little people can't just say how old they are properly.. i.e. oh little Johnny is 26 months old or little Mary is 13 months.. Arrgh just really annoys me.

I'm 430 months old, what's the problem?! :D:p

Work in retail so here's a few

People who get bothered by the charge of the plastic bags...its over ten years now ffs
    People who come in the last couple of minutes, you tell them your closing in next few minutes and take forever to pick something
    People who whinge why cant I reduce any further prices
    People who make the lame joke when your coming out of the store room that "I had the whole store to myself, I could've robbed ya blind" so not funny
    People who keep notes/money in their socks/shoes
    Women who enter the stores in pyjamas
    People who tell me their life story/how was your day - ive stuff to be doing and honestly I don't care and theres a line forming who want to be served
    Seriously??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

We need a logo

i-love-t-a-133134332185.png

I had a brekkie and a fruity smoothy this morning so am stuffed. But of course there is a thing in work and there are loads of cakes.

I want to eat all the cakes. It's phyiscally impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Drives me mental too. I can understand up to say 18 months but this 24 month business? 2. Your child is 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd at a certain colleague in the office who never attempts to stifle her sneezes, letting it out with full force and giving me a fright every time.

TA'd at a certain colleague in the office who never attempts to stifle her sneezes, letting it out with full force and giving me a fright every time.

I'm afraid I'm one of those. But, blocking your sneezes can be bad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a shower this morning and walked down the town to do a few bits and was p1ssing sweat by the time I got home:(

Edit: I remembered laydeez don't sweat. I perspired profusely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

New housemate won't take their stuff out of the washing machine even though it's been there since Saturday, and I've hardly spoken to them so I'll sound like a b!tch if I say it to them now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It wrecks my head when people can't get names right. The girl I work with can't say the name of a very regular supplier, and it isn't down to a speech impediment. Radionics is pronounced as Radio-onics. Sodexo is Sodesco.

There are two other companies we deal with which have relatively similar names, yet the two engineers who deal with them most can't say either of their names correctly. Nordson and Norgren are the companies, yet they're referred to as Norson, Norgan and a few other variations.

So yeah, trivial things that annoy me...

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by people pronouncing Vehicle as Vee Hey ik kel and Treaty as tree ah tee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Solphadeine.

THERE IS NO H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My hair. I have lots of it, but it's baby fine. Extremely flyaway. So when I go to work I'll tie it up or put it in plaits, a rake of Bobby pins and by 11am I'll look in the mirror and I look like I climbed out of bed, hair coming down, hair touseled, and generally unkempt. How I long for thick hair that won't slide out of a hairtie a pin or a plait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    We need a logo
    i-love-t-a-133134332185.png

This logo annoys me. I'm itching to add a full stop.

Well played Boom.

(Also, when did they reintroduce embedded images in AH?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

maudgonner wrote: »
    This logo annoys me. I'm itching to add a full stop.

Well played Boom.

(Also, when did they reintroduce embedded images in AH?)

I'm more annoyed that the I needs to be centred.

(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102213959&postcount=31)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Solphadeine.

THERE IS NO H.

This ... drives me mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm more annoyed that the I needs to be centred.

(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102213959&postcount=31)

That doesn't bother me so much - since it's left of centre I assumed you were just using it to illustrate the left-wing bias of Boards mods, yeah? :pac:

I'm after tearing a bin bag off the roll and the perforations didn't do their thing, so I tore a huge hole in the bag. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My boobs are too big. Why anyone would get surgery to have bigger breasts astounds me. They're better off being small and manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The canteen in work blatantly giving men bigger portions than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

My boobs are too big. Why anyone would get surgery to have bigger breasts astounds me. They're better off being small and manageable.

Aaaaaaaand here come the PM's...... :pac:

TA'd that this day is dragging on and on and on and on (you get the picture)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The one day when you slightly oversleep on your day off, so skip the shower and breakfast till after you picked up the shopping and ran a few errands in town........

.....and you meet half your neighbourhood on your travels desperate to chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

And he was born at 237 minutes past four.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

And he was born at 237 minutes past four.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

When somebody finally says something that you've always felt like the only person in the world who thinks it.....but it loses all credibility when the person who is saying it is Donald Trump being a petulant child

Like when he said Merly Streep is a 5hite actress!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Solphadeine.

THERE IS NO H.

I've been on this for months, was literally taken some as I read this and I never knew. I'm in shock right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement