Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I've been on this for months, was literally taken some as I read this and I never knew. I'm in shock right now.

there's no H! you are in sock right now!

trivially annoying how I've been putting off working on my FYP for college for so long and I'm due back in on monday and have nothing to show, so going to have to procrastinate this entire week doing tiny bits of work here and there, instead of getting a massive amount of work done in a single day, today. (which I'll do on sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When a thread is closed when there's still an interesting discussion going on. Far too many closed before their time. RIP certain threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have one box of mince pies left, a supermarket brand I hadn't tried before and best before sometime in March so I was delighted. I opened them last night and the pastry on them is feckin rotten. To say I was crushed is an understatement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bin with recycling bin right next to it.
    Many obviously recyclable items in the non-recycling bin. Why? Laziness, don't care?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

It wrecks my head when people can't get names right. The girl I work with can't say the name of a very regular supplier, and it isn't down to a speech impediment. Radionics is pronounced as Radio-onics. Sodexo is Sodesco.

There are two other companies we deal with which have relatively similar names, yet the two engineers who deal with them most can't say either of their names correctly. Nordson and Norgren are the companies, yet they're referred to as Norson, Norgan and a few other variations.

So yeah, trivial things that annoy me...

My teacher is terrible for this.
    Enzyme = emzyne
    Islets = eyes-lets
    Systemic = systematic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

A bit of food that gets stuck in your teeth and you have no floss with you.

People throwing recycling into the waste bin.

Waiting ages for a takeaway and then it arrives cold.

Endless household chores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

dinneenp wrote: »
    Many obviously recyclable items in the non-recycling bin.
    People throwing recycling into the waste bin.

What's worse than this is people throwing normal waste into the recycling bin, contaminating the whole lot.

Drives me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Seriously??

Happens a lot with a scuts, shoving notes in their sock and wondering why I tell them im not accepting a sweaty tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

ironing duvet covers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was surprised with a new iPad tonight but need to scan the qr code on WhatsApp on my phone to let it work on my iPad. Only my selfie cam works tho because my phones been dropped so much but whatsapp scanning will only use rear cam so I can't activate whatsapp on the iPad fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Fell asleep after dinner while watching tv, woke up thinking it was Friday and I had no work tomorrow. Took me a few seconds or more to release it's only Tuesday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

ironing duvet covers

You're a bigger eejit! :D

Was surprised with a new iPad tonight but need to scan the qr code on WhatsApp on my phone to let it work on my iPad. Only my selfie cam works tho because my phones been dropped so much but whatsapp scanning will only use rear cam so I can't activate whatsapp on the iPad fml

I know the feeling. My hovercraft is also full of eels. Happy New Year, you crazy little stungun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

jimgoose wrote: »

Oh I wouldn't normally iron bedcothes for my own bed, but I have friends who stay over from time to time who are fussy about having the bedlinen ironed.

TA'd at having fussy friends.

Oh I wouldn't normally iron bedcothes for my own bed, but I have friends who stay over from time to time who are fussy about having the bedlinen ironed.

Feed them full of 4-star tawny port, and if they still want the duvet ironed, roundhouse 'em through the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

People who sign their name on the ends of their text or WhatsApp or iMessage or forum posts. Or worse yet, signing with their first initial.

No, I didn't know F is the first letter and I wouldn't think of looking at your Board.ie handle over and to the side of your already disinteresting posts :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

jimgoose wrote: »

You've got to be kidding? You have friends who make you iron the bedclothes when they stay over at your place??
    You should swiftly tell them to bugger off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Public spitters are bad enough but people who also blow a hunk of gunk from each nostril as they walk down the street are just vile. VILE! I almost got snot-splattered. Bleugh..

My throat is itching like crazy and I have an old man cough.

I've been so worried about a loved one recently that my heart keeps skipping beats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

All are in bed and I'm lying on the couch, got comfy, fixed cushions under me feet, fixed the cushion perfect under me head, have a glass of coke and chocolate within reach, turned the lights off and about to press play on the film Interstellar.Me ma rings.

That was 40 mins ago and now I will probably fall asleep and miss half of it and I thought of this thread.I'm pressing play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I have psoriasis in my ears... soooo itchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Happens a lot with a scuts, shoving notes in their sock and wondering why I tell them im not accepting a sweaty tenner

Good man, dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Three cúnts walking down the footpath towards me, 3 abreast and taking up the width of the whole path and then none attempting to move to let you pass. Are you seriously that stupid you fúcking thick cúnts???

I should have fúcked one of the pricks out under the LUAS, seriously how can people be so braindead :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

kfallon wrote: »
    Three cúnts walking down the footpath towards me, 3 abreast and taking up the width of the whole path and then none attempting to move to let you pass. Are you seriously that stupid you fúcking thick cúnts???

I should have fúcked one of the pricks out under the LUAS, seriously how can :mad:people be so braindead

My strategy: Elbow out, dig the nearest one in the ribs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Aglomerado wrote: »
    My strategy: Elbow out, dig the nearest one in the ribs. :mad:

I just gently pushed one to the side! How can people lack such spatial awareness?

Students too ffs, as if they are not annoying enough as it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Next time you should iron the bed linen when your fussy friends are in the bed; preferably when they are asleep so as to elevate their shock from the third degree burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

kfallon wrote: »

I should have fúcked one of the pricks out under the LUAS, seriously how can people be so braindead :mad:

The worst for me are two yummy mummies with two prams taking up the whole footpath. Twats of the highest calibre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Not being able to find a song I want to listen to on Spotify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Boss has just offloaded a massive bullsh1t assignment on me on one of my last days in the job.

I'm moving to a different role in the company and need to prepare and organise and officially hand over my work to the team, but because I'm "not particularly busy" I have to spend the rest of the day collating data and stats into a spreadsheet so that he can look good to his seniors.

FCUK. YOU. CNUT.

Seriously, lazy and dismissive bosses do my nut.

PS If it's such a "priority assignment" then why don't you do it yourself instead of swanning around having "quick chats" with anyone and everyone trying to look important?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Why don't you just put you card into the machine rather than handing it to the person and not bothering to tell them how you would prefer to use your card?

TA's that people's behaviour in shops still irritates me even though I'm two glorious years away from the world of retail.

Because as I said it catches me off guard. I'll go to put my card towards the machine and they take the card off me and do it. It doesn't happen every time. There are instances where they do ask me if I want to tap it and I always say no. And other times they say nothing and I do it my way. It's complete 'duck-duck-goose'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Toilet roll dispensers that give you one sheet at a time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement