Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I sat an assessment this morning. The usual sh1te, hanging around, signing in then entering the examination area.

I chose a seat near the front by the window so I could look out at the river. A person sat in front of me and a few around me, grand.

Until the one in front of me starting answering and commenting on everything the invigilator was saying as if he was speaking to them personally. So annoying and distracting. They're instructions love, you didn't have to loudly boom OK every time you were told something.

TL/DR People who are stupid and annoying. STFU.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Notices that warn you a website is using cookies.

I know they have to do it, it still annoys me. We get it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

maudgonner wrote: »
    Notices that warn you a website is using cookies.

I know they have to do it, it still annoys me. We get it!

The condescending sites that instead of a yes button have a 'Got It' button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Googling things the radiologist said instead of just waiting til my doctor tells me what to do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

When you forget to follow a thread and then can't find it. Anyone happen to know where the thread is about warning signs of a boyfriend/girlfriend and how they knew it was time to leg it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The condescending sites that instead of a yes button have a 'Got It' button.

Ooh, that reminds me. The Windows 10 low battery warning message:

'Your battery is running low. You might want to plug in your PC.'

Feck off you snidey passive aggressive fecker with your 'helpful' suggestions! :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

scdublin wrote: »
    When you forget to follow a thread and then can't find it. Anyone happen to know where the thread is about warning signs of a boyfriend/girlfriend and how they knew it was time to leg it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057686488

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

scdublin wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=102086048

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People coughing and snotting all over you.

People going to extreme detail about how they were "dying all over Xmas", they had this, that and
    Aches and pains, viral blah blah, and when out mention about not being on top form yourself, they completely ignore your ailments and start listing even more of their ailments.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Believe it or not, I really don't want to hear your mechanical digestion process while eating dinner. I really wish people could grasp the concept of chewing with their mouths CLOSED.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Believe it or not, I really don't want to hear your mechanical digestion process while eating dinner. I really wish people could grasp the concept of chewing with their mouths CLOSED.

My son :mad:

But when I ask him does he eat like this when he's not at home, he tells me no, he eats quietly when he's anywhere else. SO WHY THE F**K DO YOU EAT LIKE THIS AT HOME?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I feel like the inside of a rats anus, my hair looks incriminating and I essentially need to live on air to look human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Popcorn stuck in my tooth.....fcuk it's annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you ring an alleged expert, and they put you through to the techie person who passes your call on to his supervisor, and you realise that the people you've spoken to know way less than you do on the subject at hand, and they try to fob you off. Scary, dangerous, and frustrating as hell. Saying 'I don't know, I'll find out' is waaaaaay better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

The extent to which any other bricks & mortar shop closes down in Dublin........

.....and then a notice appears in the window after a few months....

....We're gonna be the next FANTASTIC LOVELY café / newsagent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...................."great",:(

trivial because I can buy my sh|t online instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Snow is great to look at and all, but if the rate at which its falling outside my window goes on I might not make it to the shop for some lunch :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When you realise after putting it on at work (after showering post run commute) that your jumper has a surprisingly large amount of baby snot on the shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    The extent to which any other bricks & mortar shop closes down in Dublin........

.....and then a notice appears in the window after a few months....

....We're gonna be the next FANTASTIC LOVELY café / newsagent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...................."great",:(

trivial because I can buy my sh|t online instead.

Newsagents? They are getting harder to find these days.

Round where I work in the city centre must have the highest concentration of tacky "gift" shops, tattoo parlours and tanning salons in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Three of my "good" teaspoons have disappeared.
    When something comes out of the wash with marks on it that weren't there before it went in.
    Starting the dishwasher/washing machine, then a while later spotting one thing that should have been in it.
    The OH telling me several times in the last few days that I am constantly giving out about something. It reduces stress and keeps me young FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I need a builder to have a look at something for me. He told me he'd be here today between 11 and 1. I asked him could he be a little more specific cos I work and can't just disappear for two hours and he said that he couldn't. So, I was at home waiting for him at 11. He texted me at 12.45 to say he couldn't make it and would try and call tomorrow. I can't get too ar5ey with him cos I need him, so I sent back a restrained text saying if he texts me when he's en route I should be able to get out of work. But FFS, does he think I've nothing better to do than wait around for him??

• Advertisement

Stop talking to me when I have my headphones on, half a sandwich in front of me, one hand in a bag of Doritos and f*cking crumbs all over my fat face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Utah wrote: »
    Toilet roll dispensers that give you one sheet at a time

Don't forget the ones where the loose end disappears up inside the dispenser and you end up with your hand up inside it feeling for the end of what appears to be an "unopened" toilet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

People leaving the taps on in bathrooms.

In the past 2 days, I've witnessed first of all somebody wash their hands and walk away leaving the tap running. I turned it off. Then again today in work I walked into the bathroom and someone has left the tap on again, possibly had been for the last 30mins.

Hardly forgetfulness or pure ignorance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

In the past 2 days, I've witnessed first of all somebody wash their hands and walk away leaving the tap running. I turned it off. Then again in work I walked into the bathroom and someone has left the tap on again, possibly had been for the last 30mins.

Hardly forgetfulness?

I hate that, just because they're not paying for it doesn't mean they should waste it. Same goes for clowns who leave supermarket fridges open. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

In the past 2 days, I've witnessed first of all somebody wash their hands and walk away leaving the tap running. I turned it off. Then again today in work I walked into the bathroom and someone has left the tap on again, possibly had been for the last 30mins.

Hardly forgetfulness or pure ignorance?

I saw someone at our work come out of a cubicle after flushing and walk straight out. Not even a sidewards glance at the tap.

Both are extreme and severely TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Winterlong wrote: »
    I saw someone at our work come out of a cubicle after flushing and walk straight out. Not even a sidewards glance at the tap.

Both are extreme and severely TA.

While we're on the subject of bathrooms (and this is really an "A" without the "T")...people who don't clean the toilet after themselves, and instead leave their un-flushed poop or skid marks for someone else's delectation.

To anyone who does this, a hearty...Fcuk You...please clean up your own sh1te...or have your mammy/servant/gimp go everywhere with you to do it for you. Whatever works, just a long as I don't have to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

When you're in the gym and somebody is sitting on equipment you need and on their phone wasting everyone's time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

A co-worker who CONSTANTLY clears her throat. We think its a tic of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Coming to grips with a double duvet and duvet cover single handedly. There are bits of cloth now near the pillow that will ruffle up next to my neck when I sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who come to my house in the depths of winter and tell me numerous times it's too warm. Ffs, stay at home in your ice box and ring me if you don't want to come into a warm house. Being cold is another TA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement