Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

White lines are painted on the road for a reason. Particularly at crossroads.

Coldplay also annoy me.

I'd like to ask the passengers of Dublin Bus that they should place their cash in the machine. Dropping it on the floor is not so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

This isn't so much as a TA so much as bordering on a nervous breakdown.

Ordering clothes online yesterday, paying for express next day delivery and recieving an email telling me estimated day for delivery is Monday. I will be dead from rage by Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Etogistical pricks.
    How do you fight back? Play the power game? Ignore it and carry on regardless? Shout them down? Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Nice and cosy in bed and I realised I forgot to set the timer for the heating for the morning.
    - Arctic trek down to utility room. Feet are now freezing.

TA 1: That Operation Transformation are still using the neanderthal system instead of the metric system for all the weights. It's 2017, not 1817.

TA 2: That when I just want to find out how much weight the fatties lost and how they did it, I must endure some emotionally wrought whinge machine blurting out inconsolably about how hard she tried and how tough life is and how she couldn't keep it together. Ah for fúck sake - talk about miserable, depressing television destroying the momentum. It's like a reality tv version of those films where they throw a romantic scene into an action movie and depress the momentum. Why are there so many headcases bawling their eyes out at any available opportunity? Just keep it together, lose the weight, face up to your challenges like an adult and stop acting like a baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

A shop closing prior to its advertised opening hours all the time.

Several times now I've went to the local tattoo parlour to try book an appointment and they either didn't bother to open that day or are closed an hour or two early. :rolleyes: like today the door was locked at 5:30 (they are meant to be open till 6pm!) and I could literally see the two artists upstairs sitting down chatting! **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA I can never go back to scrambled eggs in the microwave, now that I've started doing them in a pot. TA with myself for microwaving for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

702201-cleaning-cone1.jpg

The cleaners in work always put these things at doorways, which is fine if you're coming from one direction, but if you open the door from the other side and don't see it in time, you could easily trip over it. (I walk quickly and am at a higher altitude so I'm more at risk.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

[IMG]http://www.healthandsafetysigns.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/702201-cleaning-cone1.jpg[/MG] The cleaners in work always put these things at doorways, which is fine if you're coming from one direction, but if you open the door from the other side and don't see it in time, you could easily trip over it. (I walk quickly and am at a higher altitude so I'm more at risk.)[/img]

Everest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Another Retail one

People who still whinge about the Rounding up of change....Its a penny/2cent for ffs...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Neighbours who turn on the engine in their 20 year old diesel car for 10 minutes to warm it up before they drive off.
    At 6am, The noise of it would wake the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I forgot my gloves this morning. My hands were so cold but it felt like they were on fire!

My clothes arrived, however

TA1
    They're about 2 sizes too big despite all items saying true to size in the description.

TA2
    The treggings are about 5 inches too long. When I stand up without rolling them up, they cover my feet and leave just my toes uncovered

TA3
    I have to venture off on a trip, in the freezing cold and

TA4
    Now I have no clothes to wear

https://ak0.scstatic.net/1/cdn2-cont14.sweetcouch.com/146677093359961062-zipped-skinny-tregging-grey.jpg <
    treggings

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My clothes arrived, however

TA1
    They're about 2 sizes too big despite all items saying true to size in the description.

TA2
    The treggings are about 5 inches too long. When I stand up without rolling them up, they cover my feet and leave just my toes uncovered

TA3
    I have to venture off on a trip, in the freezing cold and

TA4
    Now I have no clothes to wear

treggings??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trousers Leggings, I'd assume.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I finally understand Jeggings and now you throw this in the mix :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The "girls on tour" getting on the flight to dublin.

There was one of them got stuck behind us and the rest were in front, the drama. Jaysus. You're all getting on the same plane. The plane that's right there. I'm sure she'll get there by herself.

I do wonder sometimes how people manage to wear their shoes on the right feet without someone else putting them on for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My roots need doing again. It's only been 4 weeks! Sh1te

I'm not ready to embrace/rock the grey look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Rogueish wrote: »

I have to say, the salt and pepper* look works for me :P

*mostly salt now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

The "girls on tour" getting on the flight to dublin.

There was one of them got stuck behind us and the rest were in front, the drama. Jaysus. You're all getting on the same plane. The plane that's right there. I'm sure she'll get there by herself.

I do wonder sometimes how people manage to wear their shoes on the right feet without someone else putting them on for them.

Agreed and hen parties are a nightmare

• Advertisement

Sitting next to an absolute cretin who has positioned himself with his spoon aimed at his mouth like it's a shovel throwing sand into a cement mixer. He's loaded so much on the spoon I'm at odds at knowing if he needs a spoon with side boards or the bucket of a JCB. Hes diving in to meet the spoon too. And I can hear the sound of his masticating over "Stitches" by Sean Mendez. Never has there been more of a apt anthem playing in the background. Fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Stingey neighbours!

Not for the first time, a neighbour asks can "borrow" my WD40.
    I gave it to him and mentioned I would be in Woodies tomorrow if he wants me to get some for him.

"Ah no, sure I hardly ever need it"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I left the goddamn light on the roof on inside my car and she's as dead as a dodo.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I finally understand Jeggings and now you throw this in the mix :eek:

This forum introduced me to MEGGINGS last year. I needed eye bleach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm wearing a new pair of socks that have a speckledy pattern. I keep catching a glance of them and thinking they are socks that have gone bobbledy in the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I havn't really been on the Computer much for the last day and a half or so. And I have 97 bloody emails!! 97!! And about 92 of them are probably all shoyte. :rolleyes::o:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Rogueish wrote: »

I have to say, the salt and pepper* look works for me :P

*mostly salt now...

I have no doubt that you are rocking the 'Silver Fox' look unfortunately I'm not that lucky.

TA'd that I thought I was going out tonight for food and drinks but it was only drinks. I would have eaten before I went out! Instead I'm awaiting the walk of shame from supermacs with pizza and chips ALL for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Christmas music still in the charts

Time wasters.

We're having some stuff done to the house. It involves someone needing to come measure the area, we choose what we want, they give us a price, we pay it and they come fit it.

Before Xmas I called into one place, he told me a day and time he would come measure. I took time off work to go home, waited an hour and had no calls from him and he didn't show up. 3 hours later I have a call from him explaining he is only getting out to me now, seemed quite shocked to be told that the time agreed is the time agreed and I don't have any spare time to waste.

So, Tuesday I called another company. He was out within an hour, measured it and told me he'd ring me with a price. I called for the price on Thursday and was fobbed off with "oh I won't be around until Friday evening/ Saturday morning." There's 45 mins left of it being Saturday morning, so looks like he won't be in touch either.

The next place I rang can't get someone out until "next week sometime". Why am I so impatient? But seriously, it's so annoying to be told a time and then for them not to bother.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

lexie, that is the sad way things are done in Irish Business still these days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement