Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

It's a typical tradesman thing. Can't see it ever changing and now that the times are back to being decent... it'll only get worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Got hit by bird droppings.
    2nd time in 2 weeks this has happened. Am cursed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Winterlong wrote: »

I had a friend in school who got hit by bird poo while walking with me at lunch.
    The next day at lunch the same thing happened :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

That every second person here is a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Operation Transformation.

Mrs S watched last Thursday's episode and now she has banned ham from the house. We have also been told we're having a meat free week starting on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Sorry but I got a right giggle out of this, twice in two weeks what are the odds?! :pac:

TA I have a million and one things to do today but am only out of bed about 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The horizon wifi won't reach to my bedroom. It's about 6 metres away.

Companies that don't contact you back. I did 5 interviews with a multi national in Citywest before xmas. They asked when I could come in for the final interview, which they said was just a formality. I told them I was free all week and I never heard from them again. I've mailed them 3 times since then. I even mailed the other person in the HR dept that arranged the interview times. They looped in the senior HR guy I'd been mailing already but he ignored the mail.

How hard it is to
    a) arrange the final interview
    b) or tell me that I'm not in consideration for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I had a friend in school who got hit by bird poo while walking with me at lunch.
    The next day at lunch the same thing happened :D

Happens to me about once a year.

Grayson wrote: »
    Companies that don't contact you back. I did 5 interviews with a multi national in Citywest before xmas. They asked when I could come in for the final interview, which they said was just a formality. I told them I was free all week and I never heard from them again. I've mailed them 3 times since then. I even mailed the other person in the HR dept that arranged the interview times. They looped in the senior HR guy I'd been mailing already but he ignored the mail.

How hard it is to
    a) arrange the final interview
    b) or tell me that I'm not in consideration for the role.

I have the opposite problem. Did an interview on tuesday and they have been back to me every day since (phone and email) with follow up questions or seeking 'clarifications' on answers I provided.
    Just tell me the news godamnit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I managed to smack myself in the face with an iron bar yesterday. TA that I work in retail and am getting ready to work my very first shift with a black/purple bruise covering half my face as well as a few cuts which means that I can't use makeup to cover it for at least a week. Doc's orders. Worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who post "haha" or "lol". Just got a message

just after washing the car & now it's raining haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

IBS flared up terribly yesterday.
    I don't get flare-ups very often but yesterday I was in agony.

Horrible spasms and my belly all bloated.
    I'm the same today.
    Buscopan haven't helped at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have just finished the best book I have read in a long time , NOS4R2 by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son). I have a stack of books to read and just can't pick what to read next. Partly because that book is still very much in my head and partly because I'm afraid what I pick up next won't impress me as much. I need to read or I'll crack :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    I have just finished the best book I have read in a long time , NOS4R2 by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son). I have a stack of books to read and just can't pick what to read next. Partly because that book is still very much in my head and partly because I'm afraid what I pick up next won't impress me as much. I need to read or I'll crack :(

Ask your smallie to pick one for you.It's a strange feeling when you finish a good book,gutted that it's finished and yet delighted that you read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Haven't spoken to a family member since Christmas Eve. Really needed a drill to make holes in the wall this evening. It half killed me having to call asking for a favour, but he was civil and said yes I could borrow the drill. So I go all the way to where he lives and I say I'm here for the drill. "I'm not going looking for it now, you can get it tomorrow". How ****ing hard is it not to be a bollocks? Why not be a normal person and say it on the phone. Sorry you can have it tomorrow. People making a constant eejit out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That post about the time wasting really hits home. It's the same here waiting for stuff to be done in the house and people saying they'll be there then they don't turn up and just rock up in their own time regardless of the fact that I have a fcking life too that doesn't revolve around your substandard time keeping. They make me think I'm being difficult but how hard is it to be somewhere when you're supposed to be there not when it's inconvenient for the other person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I use my local library quite for work and study.

I've noticed recently that new mothers think it is a good idea to bring screaming Jimmy or Jimette into the library. Little Jimmy then proceeds to run around the library screaming his tits off.

This is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Bit more than trivial, pretty sure one of my pals is ignoring me. I have no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

mud wrote: »
    I managed to smack myself in the face with an iron bar yesterday. TA that I work in retail and am getting ready to work my very first shift with a black/purple bruise covering half my face as well as a few cuts which means that I can't use makeup to cover it for at least a week. Doc's orders. Worst.

The sheer amount of domestic violence "jokes" I've had to put up with . . . :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

TA'd that my housemates can use nearly an entire bottle of washing up liquid in less than a week but still can't manage to wash the dishes properly. I'm not being nitpicky, there are massive lumps and stains of food on these. Some don't look like they've ever seen a sponge.

Time to break out the passive-aggressive sticky notes methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

people on FB who 'like' their own posts and pics lol
    i mean - really?? :d

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Tesco Value Lightly Salted Tortilla Chips are saltier than actual salt.

Parked beside the wall in an underground car park, too close to use the door on that side. Someone then parks beside me leaving a 3 inch gap between us. I am skinny, but not that skinny FFS.
    Sorry if I pringed their door when trying to get in to my car. Did not have a tin opener with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The sensor for the automatic doors in Supervalu here is off kilter. No idea where it is pointing, I have nearly headbutted the door on numerous occasions before it opens. Looks like you have to be 0.00001mm from the door for it to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Parked beside the wall in an underground car park, too close to use the door on that side. Someone then parks beside me leaving a 3 inch gap between us. I am skinny, but not that skinny FFS.
    Sorry if I pringed their door when trying to get in to my car. Did not have a tin opener with me.

Someone squeezed in next to me tonight and hit my left mirror so by the time I was trying to drive around, I had no visibility on the left hand side only a sad reflection of myself in the mirror. Some people have no manners whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Haven't spoken to a family member since Christmas Eve. Really needed a drill to make holes in the wall this evening. It half killed me having to call asking for a favour, but he was civil and said yes I could borrow the drill. So I go all the way to where he lives and I say I'm here for the drill. "I'm not going looking for it now, you can get it tomorrow". How ****ing hard is it not to be a bollocks? Why not be a normal person and say it on the phone. Sorry you can have it tomorrow. People making a constant eejit out of me

I would rather go buy a cheap one than ask again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

they can fcuk right off

TA'd at having to pretend that someone replacing the toilet roll with it hanging down from the inside instead of the outside like a civilized person does doesn't drive me irrationally insane to the point of foaming at the mouth with rage and contemplating torture.*

Savage. :(

*Yes, I know it takes two seconds to turn it around, but sometimes it's two seconds too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My electric razor ran out of charge when I had only the left had side of my face done and I have to wait 4 hours for it to charge now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Candie wrote: »
    TA'd at having to pretend that someone replacing the toilet roll with it hanging down from the inside instead of the outside like a civilized person does doesn't drive me irrationally insane to the point of foaming at the mouth with rage and contemplating torture.*

Savage. :(

*Yes, I know it takes two seconds to turn it around, but sometimes it's two seconds too many.

I turn it around in other people's houses :pac:

TA that I painted my nails in bed and I can't stay awake much longer so I'm going to end up with fabric imprints in the varnish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement