Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Back to college tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The weekend has gone by in a blink. It doesn't seem as if there was much of one at all. The three ring circus that is our house in the mornings is too close. Getting adults out for work and kiddies for crèche, pre-school and school is a freaking nightmare. I do not know how more mass murders are not committed in that time period of the "get into the car" signal and the actual driving off.

On that 'Happy' note I will wish my fellow TA'ers a good nights sleep and an organised, peaceful and sane start to the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Monday. Weather. Work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

trying to say the words ''edited it''. sounds awkward, even more so when you try and say it fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being made feel like I'm difficult. I called up the person who was supposed to all me last week after measuring my house. Some lady answered the phone, and the conversation went something like

Her: ohhh, Lexie. Yes, he never got a chance to get back to you
    Me: yes I know, I've been waiting since Tuesday.
    Her: I'm sure he'll be in touch some part of today.
    Me: that's not good enough, I don't even have a price and I needed it fitted last week.
    Her: well he's very busy.
    Me: I'm also very busy. If he's too busy to take on a job he should say that without leaving me hanging for a week being fobbed off and waiting.
    Her: when do you need it?
    Me: last week

Listen lady, he can either do it, or he can't. If he can't that's ok I understand. If he can then he needs to meet certain timelines. He needs to either **** or get off the pot. I'm not the difficult one here. I have a lot of money waiting to hand to this company.

• Advertisement

People who send every minute detail of their day through Snapchat and getting the same private snapchat as is on the persons story.

"Good morning"
    "Just walking to work"
    "Just in work"
    "Having my lunch"
    "This is a grand can of Coke"
    "Back to work I go"
    "Can't wait for hometime"
    "Walking home"
    "Waiting on dinner *picture of a slowcooker*"
    "Going to have a shower"
    "Dinner then the football"
    "Lying on bed watching football"
    "Come on Man U/Arsenal/Leeds/whatever other **** are playing"
    "Making my lunch for tomorrow"
    "Going to bed now, night all"

It drives me ****ing mental. Up the wall. I see his name pop up on my snapchat and I fill with rage before I even open it and leaving the icon on the unread snaps annoy me just as much. I try be subtle with the "Jesus you're flat out on the aul snapchat aren't ya" and he doesn't get it. I be less subtle with "if you send me any more football things I'm going to delete you" but he obviously thinks I'm joking because he will usually reply LOL. My patience is wearing thin though

Junk mail.
    All junk mail is annoying. But I used to get junk mail from local hotties who wanted to meet up, or synthetic drugs or how to get around 419.

Now my junk mail is all anti-baldness, ante-erectile-disfunction and how to avoid a heart attack.

Feel like they are trolling me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Landlord put the rent up. Again. She's been doing it steadily every year since I moved in three years ago despite her and her disabled husband coming to stay more and more every year, thus devaluing the property in my eyes.

But I live in London and have about the same rights as a tube rat living as a renter here so there's nothing I can do.

More than a little TA'd actually, fcuking outraged :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

More than TA at a courier company who were supposed to deliver my package last Tuesday. I rang on thursday confirmed all the details. Still no package, my oh called into their depot today and guess what ?
    The package was sitting on a shelf despite getting me getting a rake of text messages telling me it was out for delivery last week.

It's bugging me how fearful I've become. Heights never bothered me, blood mice and clowns did but I was always brave with heights. I climbed huge trees as a kid, climbed bales to the very top of the hayshed while my father was having conniptions on the ground about us falling head first and suffocating between bales, and I thought he was a paranoid foo' , had no fear.
    Today I discovered I have a fear of heights now. I discovered that on the 5th rung of a step ladder. How did I become so pathetic? I used to be invincible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

It's bugging me how fearful I've become. Heights never bothered me, blood mice and clowns did but I was always brave with heights. I climbed huge trees as a kid, climbed bales to the very top of the hayshed while my father was having conniptions on the ground about us falling head first and suffocating between bales, and I thought he was a paranoid foo' , had no fear.
    Today I discovered I have a fear of heights now. I discovered that on the 5th rung of a step ladder. How did I become so pathetic? I used to be invincible.

I was the same. It's age. You become more and more aware of your mortality!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Lexie I'm TA on your behalf reading about your snapchat friend. This is a grown adult I'm guessing? Delete them. I don't think one can tell if someone deleted them off Snapchat.

Have been asked to work from home, as I've a heavy cold and no one wants it spread around. No problem, but I'm just sick enough to have little concentration, and just well enough to be bored because I can't concentrate.

I think I'll eat something, that cures everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

*modern day toasters*

non of them seem to be deep enough for regular sliced pan, the top inch is never toasted properly :mad: rrrgghhh!!!

Candie wrote: »
    Have been asked to work from home, as I've a heavy cold and no one wants it spread around. No problem, but I'm just sick enough to have little concentration, and just well enough to be bored because I can't concentrate.

I think I'll eat something, that cures everything.

And flat 7up. The cure all juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

LUAS services stopped during rush hour due to "infrastructure damage" at Harcourt St. A road sign got bent, so everything ground to a halt. Looks like some progress, though, after a man with an angle grinder lopped it off at the root.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The dog, well bitch, is in heat again and splodging everywhere. I am constantly with antibacterial wipe in hand. Ugggghhhhh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

People who send every minute detail of their day through Snapchat and getting the same private snapchat as is on the persons story.

"Good morning"
    "Just walking to work"
    "Just in work"
    "Having my lunch"
    "This is a grand can of Coke"
    "Back to work I go"
    "Can't wait for hometime"
    "Walking home"
    "Waiting on dinner *picture of a slowcooker*"
    "Going to have a shower"
    "Dinner then the football"
    "Lying on bed watching football"
    "Come on Man U/Arsenal/Leeds/whatever other **** are playing"
    "Making my lunch for tomorrow"
    "Going to bed now, night all"

It drives me ****ing mental. Up the wall. I see his name pop up on my snapchat and I fill with rage before I even open it and leaving the icon on the unread snaps annoy me just as much. I try be subtle with the "Jesus you're flat out on the aul snapchat aren't ya" and he doesn't get it. I be less subtle with "if you send me any more football things I'm going to delete you" but he obviously thinks I'm joking because he will usually reply LOL. My patience is wearing thin though

People who do that things with numbers on their stories where they tell people what they think of them.

And people who post looking for chats in their stories looking for chats and you reply in less than a minute and the don't open it or reply.

Shannon757 wrote: »
    People who do that things with numbers on their stories where they tell people what they think of them.

And people who post looking for chats in their stories looking for chats and you reply in less than a minute and the don't open it or reply.
    And when people post on their snapchat to check out their latest instagram pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

puking at training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I was watching an rte documentary recently, where the presenter did a few bits to camera as she was driving in her car.
    The camera was positioned low on the passenger seat, so the presenter looked down to the camera every few seconds while driving on country roads.
    Considering our same tax money goes towards funding RSA ads to highlight the message that even a split second lack of concentration can cause an accident, this annoys me.
    Why couldn't she just do the piece to camera when she arrived??

whiskeyman wrote: »

Or have the camera placed up on the windscreen like they do on any competent show?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got no sleep and the electrician is calling in an hour. I was given no notice of this and I feel awful. Sadface. Angryface. Anxiousface.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I was watching an rte documentary recently, where the presenter did a few bits to camera as she was driving in her car.
    The camera was positioned low on the passenger seat, so the presenter looked down to the camera every few seconds while driving on country roads.
    Considering our same tax money goes towards funding RSA ads to highlight the message that even a split second lack of concentration can cause an accident, this annoys me.

And then you have the Opel ad with Jürgen Klopp showing how cool it is to be able to read a text message when you're driving.

When you hear about law suits against the car manufacturers for their role in distracting drivers in 5-10 years time, remember this post.

Why is technology harder to use as time goes on. Surely it should be getting easier?
    Thinking of becoming a Luddite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Frisky couple on the luas at 7am this morning right beside me, constantly pawing at each other, kissing, staring into each other's eyes etc. If I'd had breakfast I wouldn't have been able to keep it down!

Trying to become better at DIY because I'm actually blue in the face asking someone to do it only being fobbed off. So I buy a drill, and it comes in a box with 8 screwdriver bits to put into it. Except the piece in the drill is X shaped and the screwdriver pieces have a flat bottom so it's not actually sitting into it. And all this before I even take it to the wall. I'll be on the Valium before this week is out. It's very annoying all these things have to be over complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

After a few weeks of being grand my back is at me again this morn. Nothing too major but I fear it could get worse :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trying to become better at DIY because I'm actually blue in the face asking someone to do it only being fobbed off. So I buy a drill, and it comes in a box with 8 screwdriver bits to put into it. Except the piece in the drill is X shaped and the screwdriver pieces have a flat bottom so it's not actually sitting into it. And all this before I even take it to the wall. I'll be on the Valium before this week is out. It's very annoying all these things have to be over complicated

loosen the chuck, pop in the bit and then tighten up the chuck again.

• Advertisement

Following on from this I'm so annoyed right now my eyes are running water from pure temper

1. I finally figure out how to put the drill bit in but turns out that was the least of my problems.
    2. I drilled too big of a hole one side and too deep of a hole the other side.
    3. The wall plugs on one side keep spinning around when I tried put the screw in and on the other side the holes too deep so the wall plug in sinking into the back without the screw being tightened.
    4. I went to a hardware shop to buy a different kind of plug and your man in the shop gave me a card for a handyman before "you do any damage". He was talking to me for two minutes, I'm extremely capable of hanging a curtain pole thanks very much.

So now I think I need to admit defeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement