Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have a small hallway with lino-style covering. TA that if I leave my front door open the glue melts and the floor covering rises and then I can't close the door or if I manage to shove the door closed there's a big likelihood that I won't be able to open it from the outside until the glue gets sticky again.

TA 20 degree heat and no opportunity to air the house properly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA It's Friday the 13th...freaked

I'm TA'd that I didn't cop this, maybe it's why I've been doing stupid sh1t all day. Three times I left the keys in the car, and had driven most of the way to Tesco when I realised I'd left my purse at home.
    Or maybe it's because some gobsh1te was out with a chainsaw or some such at 6.15 this morning. As if it wasn't already bad enough that the bloody birds were tweeting before 3.30, seriously? I couldn't get back to sleep properly, and then when I heard the chainsaw, and blearily looked at the time , I thought the clock said 8.15 and I'd slept right in. Who in the name of all that's holy fires up a chainsaw at that time. I hope they get diarrhoea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The window frame in the office I'm working in is broken, so there's a big gap and I can't open the window. All winter I've had the gap stuffed with paper in a highly sophisticated insulation setup that stopped me from freezing.

Now it's 23 degrees outside and I'm roasting. But I know that the second I remove the paper to let some fresh air in the weather will turn baltic again.

I'm not complaining about the weather, mind! I'm just pointing out that I'm sitting here sweltering so that I don't break the weather and ruin it for everyone. Ye should be so grateful to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People looking at me like I have two heads cos I dare to say Im not enjoying the sun today. I don't like the sun, being overheated and not being able to sleep!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Samsgirl wrote: »
    People looking at me like I have two heads cos I dare to say Im not enjoying the sun today. I don't like the sun, being overheated and not being able to sleep!!!

I HATE the sun, the warmth, and all things summer in general. Give me good dry coat weather! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

73Cat wrote: »
    I'm TA'd that I didn't cop this, maybe it's why I've been doing stupid sh1t all day. Three times I left the keys in the car, and had driven most of the way to Tesco when I realised I'd left my purse at home.
    Or maybe it's because some gobsh1te was out with a chainsaw or some such at 6.15 this morning. As if it wasn't already bad enough that the bloody birds were tweeting before 3.30, seriously? I couldn't get back to sleep properly, and then when I heard the chainsaw, and blearily looked at the time , I thought the clock said 8.15 and I'd slept right in. Who in the name of all that's holy fires up a chainsaw at that time. I hope they get diarrhoea :(

It was Jason, Fri 13th.

Bleedin birds drove me demented this morning/middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    It was Jason, Fri 13th.

Bleedin birds drove me demented this morning/middle of the night.
    How come youre such a big hit with the birds eisey?:P

TA when I went to Supervalu and there was someone giving out samples of a drink similar to Baileys (which I wouldnt be a fan of),anyway obviously the sun is affecting my brain so I had to buy it:confused:.I should have got a box of bud for 16e because Im having callers later for grub but now I have a bottle of something that cost 20e(because Im worth it lol) that won't go with burgers /chips so I will have to head out again.Why do I do things like this?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Forum users who sign off their posts. Stop being so formal. We know who wrote the bleedin' thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

People who can't seem to let other people speak for themselves - answering every question or statement directed at the other person. No proper conversation can be had with the other person until the a$$hole who loves the sound of his/her own voice so much leaves the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

People throwing cigarette butts from car

I noticed two cars yesterday doing it, the moment they pulled up at traffic lights, flicked the cigarette out the window, both were women and both had kids in the car.
    felt like picking them up and flicking it back in the car, I'd say they'd be t-a'd then too. :D

• Advertisement

There's a fly in the room and keeps on scaring me by whizzing right past my ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

There's a fly in the room and keeps on scaring me by whizzing right past my ear.

Burn the room down, only way to get rid of flies.

TA'd that it is too warm, open the window to let in air & then all the outside noises can be heard.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA'd that it is too warm, open the window to let in air & then all the outside noises can be heard.

We just can't win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA'd that upstairs is roasting so I won't be able to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that its boiling but there is a gig going on 2 doors down so open window - loud as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that after a week of 14 hour days at the office I got home on Friday and collapsed in my bed at about 8pm, only to have someone call at 10pm and wake me up.

I needed to have the conversation so I'm actually very glad they called but I'm now wide awake with no hope of sleeping again tonight. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Maryanne orgasiming before me.

fussyonion wrote: »
    There's a certain Boardsie who riles me up no end.. drama queen of the highest order, she thrives on attention seeking posts.
    Ugh.

TA'd because this post isn't very nice towards fellow boardsies.

Can't we all get along?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

fussyonion wrote: »
    There's a certain Boardsie who riles me up no end.. drama queen of the highest order, she thrives on attention seeking posts.
    Ugh.

Why arent you banned because you have no TA?

My TA is burning my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Why does all the fauna in the county decide to gather outside my windows to noisily hail the dawn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Girlfriend's smelly socks and tights smelling up the room. I hate waking up to a pong of feet. You guys are the only people I can express this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My new thermos mug keeps my coffee too hot for too long, and I've no other clean mug in the house :o I now have to have a shower first and then drink my coffee, even when I take the lid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TA'd at people who use the term "asshat." You're a grown up, ffs. Use the proper term! Just think of how you regard people who curse using "fudge." YOU are that person.

And why the f*** would an ass need a hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Half eight Saturday morning lawn mowing bastards!

Wtf is wrong with these people? Ok, we get it, you had an early night last night and you were up at to the crack of dawn, but ffs can you not do something else in the garden besides mowing, or at least wait until after 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Half eight Saturday morning lawn mowing bastards!

Wtf is wrong with these people? Ok, we get it, you had an early night last night and you were up at to the crack of dawn, but ffs can you not do something else in the garden besides mowing, or at least wait until after 11am.

I was going to post the same thing. Before 10/11am on a Saturday or Sunday = keep the noise down! Some people need to catch up on sleep at weekends :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People who post on Facebook asking for a loan of your netflix password .....

Tired of thinking and things :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Watching Netflix loudly in a shared computer room, and constantly having to take your earphones out to check that they're actually working and you're not being an ignorant wankface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA'd that any guys that show interest are way too young for me..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I hate when people tell you that they hate the sunshine.

I can understand that there might be something wrong with them so they can't help not liking the sun, but they should at least have the self-consciousness to keep that to themselves so as not to bring me down with their grumbling at the beauty of nature!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement