Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

TA'd at the toilets in work being freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Winterlong wrote: »
    Why is technology harder to use as time goes on. Surely it should be getting easier?
    Thinking of becoming a Luddite.

This. The amount of electrickery /electronic wizardry employed in vehicles today. Was helping a contractor take the head off a tractor engine during the holidays. The amount of wiring looms sensors and stuff fitted to the engine is mind boggling. The smallest fault now and the machine will stop up and sit there like a dumb sh**.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

This. The amount of electrickery /electronic wizardry employed in vehicles today. Was helping a contractor take the head off a tractor engine during the holidays. The amount of wiring looms sensors and stuff fitted to the engine is mind boggling. The smallest fault now and the machine will stop up and sit there like a dumb sh**.

We bought a new microwave over the christmas. The challenge in getting a simple microwave with just 2 knobs. 1 for heat level, 1 for time.

No need for a degree in button pressing to operate the damned thing.

Following on from this I'm so annoyed right now my eyes are running water from pure temper

1. I finally figure out how to put the drill bit in but turns out that was the least of my problems.
    2. I drilled too big of a hole one side and too deep of a hole the other side.
    3. The wall plugs on one side keep spinning around when I tried put the screw in and on the other side the holes too deep so the wall plug in sinking into the back without the screw being tightened.
    4. I went to a hardware shop to buy a different kind of plug and your man in the shop gave me a card for a handyman before "you do any damage". He was talking to me for two minutes, I'm extremely capable of hanging a curtain pole thanks very much.

So now I think I need to admit defeat.

Polyfilla is your friend in times like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Following on from this I'm so annoyed right now my eyes are running water from pure temper

1. I finally figure out how to put the drill bit in but turns out that was the least of my problems.
    2. I drilled too big of a hole one side and too deep of a hole the other side.
    3. The wall plugs on one side keep spinning around when I tried put the screw in and on the other side the holes too deep so the wall plug in sinking into the back without the screw being tightened.
    4. I went to a hardware shop to buy a different kind of plug and your man in the shop gave me a card for a handyman before "you do any damage". He was talking to me for two minutes, I'm extremely capable of hanging a curtain pole thanks very much.

So now I think I need to admit defeat.

Going to give that handyman a call then, eh?

I actually have wanted a curtain pole put up in my kitchen since summer, TA that I'm such a terrible procrastinator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I actually have wanted a curtain pole put up in my kitchen since summer, TA that I'm such a terrible procrastinator.
    150 euro for him to bore 6 holes in the wall and put up one wall of wallpaper. Probably not. The other fella is on the warpath now he knows I'm at home with a drill boring holes in the wall so I'll have to get it fixed before 5:30. It'll be fine, I'll sort it. Even if I have to superglue the bracket to the wall.

150 euro for him to bore 6 holes in the wall and put up one wall of wallpaper. Probably not. The other fella is on the warpath now he knows I'm at home with a drill boring holes in the wall so I'll have to get it fixed before 5:30. It'll be fine, I'll sort it. Even if I have to superglue the bracket to the wall.

Just make sure you know where the pipes and electricals run before you start drilling up a storm. You don't want a leak/electrocution for your efforts. And make sure you screw the pole into a support, not just the plaster/drywall!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Superglue wont do it, it's ****. It sounds like a hollow wall...get the special wall plugs for that type of wall.
    Make sure your wall plug is the right size for drill and screw. And mark the depth you want to drill on the drill bit...if it says drill one inch, use a marker etc to mark same length on the bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Superglue wont do it, it's ****. It sounds like a hollow wall...get the special wall plugs for that type of wall.
    Make sure your wall plug is the right size for drill and screw. And mark the depth you want to drill on the drill bit...if it says drill one inch, use a marker etc to mark same length on the bit.
    I'm getting anxious even reading that..Lexie pay the 150e or it might end up costing more in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

http://www.woodies.ie/unibond-no-more-nails-invisibable-1121589

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TAd by meetings and meetings about meetings and meetings about meeting for followup meetings at work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The Australian one is back squawking on Radio Nova, who renewed her visa.....now she's saying "ControV-is-hee".....the word in controversy, I have to change the station when I hear her coming on, aaaahhhhhhhgggghhh.

Bambi985 wrote: »
    TAd by meetings and meetings about meetings and meetings about meeting for followup meetings at work

They're even worse when you're working your ass off and watching the "elite" attending them...load of ****e.

selous wrote: »
    The Australian one is back squawking on Radio Nova, who renewed her visa.....now she's saying "ControV-is-hee".....the word in controversy, I have to change the station when I hear her coming on, aaaahhhhhhhgggghhh.

Nova is a big TA. Love the music they play but the amount of inane chatter between songs would drive you demented.
    Who actually is 'entertained' by the drivel those DJ's come out with.
    'Fecked up news' me arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Woman two spots ahead of me at LATM, she is taking forever too lodge a few quid. I think she may be lodging each note individually...

Walking in to Aldi behind a woman with a trolly she stops to pick up a magazine and starts reading it, between the bloody doors, tsk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Siobhan! Her accent is a bit grating but she seems like good craic.

Nova's soundbite is 30% less ads 30% more music. Bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I had a bit of a song stuck in my head at work & couldn't place it which is a TA in itself.

Didn't have time to google it.

Now when I do, do ye think I can remember it. Can I to fck.

Double TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

When people spell breathe as breath.
    It seems to be one of those words like definitely that lots of people apparently can't spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I have a three wick vanilla candle but when I try to light the wicks with a lighter I burn my fingers. I need to have the three of them alight for atmospheric reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I have a three wick vanilla candle but when I try to light the wicks with a lighter I burn my fingers. I need to have the three of them alight for atmospheric reasons.

Matches or a rolled up piece of paper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Everything. Everything and everyone is pissingme off this evening. And rhe day started so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Matches or a rolled up piece of paper :)

Eh, excuse me? Is this the helpful suggestions thread? I don't think so...

If you keep solving people's problems for them they won't post in this thread any more, and the moaning of my fellow moany moaners is the only thing that makes life bearable some days.

Off to the Trivially Happy thread with you, we don't like your sort around here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Have to get off me hole and go for some exercise :rolleyes:

Someone on here previously recommended dry spaghetti sticks for this but I've never tried it...my problem is when candles burn down in the jar and I wiggle my hand into the jar the fecking lighter quenches .

TA that there was astro turf all over the house this morning because they were back training last night so I hoovered the place but there was more training after school and they brought half the muck from the pitch home....floors are now hoovered again and washed so if anyone moves while they're drying I will be up for murder.Housework is a thankless job.😭

Thought that was part of being a Mammy-Ma-Mother-Oul one....and part of the thankless job, (throw it into their bedroom:rolleyes: )

Thought that was part of being a Mammy-Ma-Mother-Oul one....and part of the thankless job, (throw it into their bedroom:rolleyes: )

Less of the "oul wan" selous..ever heard of the wooden spoon?ðŸ˜

I have Colser, time and a place for everything ya know....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you cook dinner but can't time things for ****.
    Chicken cooked on grill. Rice not even boiling.

• Advertisement

I have Colser, time and a place for everything ya know....:D

Sorry I thought it was Saturday nightðŸ˜

Back to TAs before there's trouble...when it's raining but it's too heavy for slow wipers but not heavy enough for faster ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement