Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Colser wrote: »
    when it's raining but it's too heavy for slow wipers but not heavy enough for faster ones.

When you're stuck in traffic behind someone who still has their back wiper on, but the rain has stopped....and you get to watch the wiper drag slooowwwwwly over the dry, dry rear window. Over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    TA that there was astro turf all over the house this morning because they were back training last night so I hoovered the place but there was more training after school and they brought half the muck from the pitch home....floors are now hoovered again and washed so if anyone moves while they're drying I will be up for murder.Housework is a thankless job.😭

Tell them to take off their runners and socks before they get into the house, that's what I do cos them fooking little pellets get everywhere!

TA'd that I used to really enjoy the games of 5 a side but now it just feels like a chore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Irish people pronouncing the letter 't' in the middle of some words as a 'd' !

e.g:
    - I was at this pardy last night
    - I was watching Ireland's Fiddest Family

Bring back the T's (or even the good old 'proper' Irish way: fi'ist, or par'eee :p ha!)

Oh! and the other extended ones, with the mystery letter 'n' thrown in....sort of Americanism's, or 'DJ-speak'....

Like that ad for some insurance company with the odd-looking tradesman in the background with his hand stuck in the window, and the freaky couple at their car talking to the camera, telling us they get some twenny percent discount (presume they mean 20%)

or people saying: I saw this on the Inner-Net

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

<first time posting in AH - Hi everyone, and I hope I haven't pi$$ed anyone off...too much :p!!>

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MrsChipster

My husband carries the tv remote around the house, found it in the fridge once... it could literally turn up anywhere 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

andy69 wrote: »
    I

<first time posting in AH - Hi everyone, and I hope I haven't pi$$ed anyone off...too much :p!!>

TA'd that andy69 has posted here

:P

TA that when you try & do things quietly to not annoy/wake housemates is when you make the most noise. Mananged to knock over a clothes horse.

• Advertisement

My husband carries the tv remote around the house, found it in the fridge once... it could literally turn up anywhere 😀

My cousin often stays with me, and carries the remote around in his pocket so I can't change the channel while he's in the loo or something. Drives me mad. Once he forgot it was in his pocket and he took it back to his place, six and half hours drive away. So I got one of those spare remotes, but he doesn't know that. It's really good too, so good that I can change the channel from another room. He thinks it's my next door neighbour and it's something he has to put up with. :)

When I stay at his place, I never leave without hiding his remote first, or if I'm feeling particularly mean, taking it home with me.

We do actually get along really well in spite of all our pettiness. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

All bunged up, some sh1tty flu or cold and a bit of an abscess too, which I think is connected.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

A rereg poster who comes onto various threads spouting ****e. Was banned under 3 different usernames last year but has appeared again in the last fortnight. Usually appears at night on various fora and the posts are pure nonsense. Just feck off will ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Stravos Murphy

Burning toast, they need to get the slices more accurate in thickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Restless legs. My legs are killing me and so tired because they're constantly moving.

Was sitting for a good chunk of yesterday as I'm training someone in. Had stilettos on and was bouncing my legs on the balls of my feet all day. When I took off my heels and flattened my feet my calves were painfully tight because they'd had practically an 8 hour workout.

Woke then with cramps in them during the night.

Note to self: buy some magnesium

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Sycophants

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I've to leave for work in 25 minutes, and I'm still in bed. Such a dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that I woke sneezing and full of snots :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Woke up 20 minutes early today. Great, I'll have a quick snooze and then get up. No, never heard alarm and overslept by 45 minutes.. Aaarrgghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Candie wrote: »
    My cousin often stays with me, and carries the remote around in his pocket so I can't change the channel while he's in the loo or something. Drives me mad. Once he forgot it was in his pocket and he took it back to his place, six and half hours drive away. So I got one of those spare remotes, but he doesn't know that. It's really good too, so good that I can change the channel from another room. He thinks it's my next door neighbour and it's something he has to put up with. :)

When I stay at his place, I never leave without hiding his remote first, or if I'm feeling particularly mean, taking it home with me.

We do actually get along really well in spite of all our pettiness. :)

Folks - I'm 90% sure you can download an App on your phone which will work as a remote!

My TA is that bloke who is the voice for Crown Plaza adverts, just before the News on Newstalk. Annoys the **** out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

everlast75 wrote: »
    Folks - I'm 90% sure you can download an App on your phone which will work as a remote!

Only if your phone has infra red capability.

Very handy for turning off the tv in the pub, without permission, when the soccer/rugby/gaa is annoying you.

But the other punters get a bit riled up so best not to tell/ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Looking over the whole house for keys only to discover about 20 minutes into the search that they're in my handbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

here's one for ye, I've to do a college project with other people in a team (yuck)

they have decided they want to go to somewhere half an hour away for this project. Only two of us have transport and they've just made the assumption I'll give them lifts there and back, and worse than that I'm normally not into college until 1pm on wednesdays but I've to meet them at half 11..

wish my motorbike was fixed already so I could show up on that and ask them how the **** they thought they were getting to the place :(

Looking over the whole house for keys only to discover about 20 minutes into the search that they're in my handbag.

I do this far far too often. Seriously. I'm so annoyed with myself on an almost constant basis for losing stuff.

Searching everywhere for my phone while I'm talking to someone on my phone.

Looking for my keys when I've already gone out and started the car.

Leaving my swipe card on my desk in work. I have three security doors to get through to get back to that desk.

Ugh. I'm getting angry at myself just thinking about it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Special offers on display on supermarket shelves,but the discount not given at the till.Very annoying and happens all the time.Some chains seem to be bigger offenders than others.

• Advertisement

gigantic09 wrote: »
    Special offers on display on supermarket shelves,but the discount not given at the till.Very annoying and happens all the time.Some chains seem to be bigger offenders than others.

That'll be Tesco.

They're more than a trivial annoyance of mine. God I hate them. So so much. My blood pressure rises when I cross their threshold.

I sound like I'm in a bad mood this morning, when I'm actually not at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

gigantic09 wrote: »

SuperValu are by far the worst offenders. Nobody seems to take responsibilty either, scratching their heads mumbling about computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Scaldy hole syndrome.

Me swiss roll is on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

That happened to me yesterday. I have car keys and house keys on seperate key rings. Hung up the car keys thinking I was hanging up the house keys, then tore the place apart looking for them. I didn't realise what I had done till I saw the house keys on the counter top about 20 minutes later.
    TA that I am constantly misplacing/forgetting where I have left things. My good lip balm went missing so I caved in and bought another. A couple of days later I find it in a jacket pocket I hadn't worn in a while. My nice leather gloves are on the missing list at the moment. I'm not even bothering to look for them anymore, they will show up when I'm not looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I've just spent an hour trying to get 25 sheep out one gate and into another (neighbour's sheep straying on parents' farm). Ironically, sheep are the most pigheaded animals on the planet. And a strange mix of pure stupid and downright devious.

Finally got them in only for them to run straight to the gap they got through in the first place and try to break back through. For now they have been foiled, but I'd give it a day at most before they find their way back through.

I've always thought I'd like a dog, now I really want a sheepdog. One Maud and her Dog, that'd put manners on them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Trying to choose a new Hoover to buy for work... I have a dyson at home but can't justify that money for a second one. ALL the hoovers seem to have the highest rating C for carpet pick up. Wtf?! That's not good. Even the expensive ones, C is the highest I can find

Trying to choose a new Hoover to buy for work... I have a dyson at home but can't justify that money for a second one. ALL the hoovers seem to have the highest rating C for carpet pick up. Wtf?! That's not good. Even the expensive ones, C is the highest I can find

Miele > Dyson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

people at work who go running or walking on their lunch break them come back and freeze us all by opening all the windows cos they are too hot and then stink the place out of it eating their smelly lunches at their desks

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Miele > Dyson

Henry2011x300_400x400.jpg

There were no decent crisps in the vending machine in work, had to settle for a bag of Cheese N Onion. I swear that the vending machine filler guy hates my place and fills the f*cker with Cheese N Onion to spite us. There is probably another office nearby that has a magical selection of crisp flavours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Henry2011x300_400x400.jpg

I see your henry and raise you a ....

11120389_1_2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement