Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

here's one for ye, I've to do a college project with other people in a team (yuck)

they have decided they want to go to somewhere half an hour away for this project. Only two of us have transport and they've just made the assumption I'll give them lifts there and back, and worse than that I'm normally not into college until 1pm on wednesdays but I've to meet them at half 11..

wish my motorbike was fixed already so I could show up on that and ask them how the **** they thought they were getting to the place :(

I feel your pain! I have 3 group projects coming up this semester. No doubt at least one of the three will end up with a small disaster with the project just about completed on time. I do enjoy working with other people but it's the one person in the group who won't bother doing the work and ending up wasting everyone's time that drive me mad! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Careful with that Henry fella

maxresdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Careful with that Henry fella

maxresdefault.jpg

Baby Henry is the bad influence

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I swallowed a (dental) crown last night. Only noticed the big gap in my teeth later.

Faced with paying a fortune for a new one. I had thought that maybe if I could retrieve the old one they could just stick it back on but then I'm faced with the prospect of retrieving the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Candie wrote: »
    My cousin often stays with me, and carries the remote around in his pocket so I can't change the channel while he's in the loo or something. Drives me mad. Once he forgot it was in his pocket and he took it back to his place, six and half hours drive away. So I got one of those spare remotes, but he doesn't know that. It's really good too, so good that I can change the channel from another room. He thinks it's my next door neighbour and it's something he has to put up with. :)

When I stay at his place, I never leave without hiding his remote first, or if I'm feeling particularly mean, taking it home with me.

We do actually get along really well in spite of all our pettiness. :)

Some friends came back to my place one night when we were drunk. I put music on the TV but the channel kept changing. My friend had a TV remote app on his phone. It was annoying the hell out of me. We were having a smoke outside and he showed me the app and was laughing at my irritation so I just took the phone out of his hand and fcuked it as far down the garden as I could.
    Thankfully it landed on soft grass and was fine. He never did that again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My sweet tooth is absolutely hammering me today. It should be a recognised handicap. Cant stop thinking about Yorkie bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

People who gossip about others in work. When it's light hearted banter it doesn't bother me but there's a new girl started with us and she used to work with a guy who's been with us for around 6 months now. She's only on her second week and she's given the usual gossipmongers the whole lowdown on him. Very personal stuff. I find that behaviour just rank and mean spirited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

When you are out for a meal and the waiter/waitress always times it to ask is everything ok a millisecond after I have just put some food into my mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Parchment wrote: »
    A co-worker who CONSTANTLY clears her throat. We think its a tic of some sort.
    this has to be my flatmate :eek:

jeez its drivin me nuts!
    at first i thought shes sick but nope its going on and on and on forever!
    every couple of minutes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There is a motorbike parked in our front garden right in front of the door. I've lost count of the times I have jumped out of my skin today, thinking it is someone standing there:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Knowing that the s*it is going to hit the fan over something and waiting for it to happen so that it's over and done whatever the outcome...it's getting the better of me now 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My shower trips out after about ten minutes right when I put the conditioner in my hair so I have to get out naked and drip water all over the place to switch it back. The electrician looked at it and said there was nothing wrong with it. Am I imagining the shower turning off so? Am I hallucinating the fcking shower turning off. Just because the little prick didn't want to do the work doesn't mean it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

You don't realise how much noise you make when you eat until you try eat a bowl of Liga at half 4 in the morning without waking anyone. Very TA that I can't enjoy my food.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Offer asking on an ad on adverts

User turns up and offers over the asking price to try outbid me

Go back to eBay you fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by this gloomy grey weather

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I put bread out for the birds a while ago. There is a load of them eating it now and I need to go out the back. If I open the door they will scatter and I will feel like a sh1t for disturbing them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who dislike dogs. I know there's nothing wrong with it, or there's nothing wrong with a person who says they dislike dogs, it's personal preference but my heart always sinks a little when they say they don't like dogs. I look at mine, beanbags, dog beds, over 80 euros on food every 3 weeks, bringing them for their doggy grooming spa day every month and seeing them so handsome with their bow ties. How kind and gentle and sweet and intelligent they are, and not understanding what's wrong with them that everyone doesn't love them. It's trivially annoying because how anyone else feels should not be any of my business but yet I can't help but take it personally

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

TA'd that Henry doesn't have his own thread yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I was putting something under the grill and pulled the oven door down. Then I went to get something from the fridge and walked straight into the oven door, hitting my shin. Earlier this morning I banged my elbow off the press which is a really awful pain that only lasts a few seconds but feels like it will never disappear. What's wrong with me today?!! Also TA, I bruise like a peach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Meet my new colleague.

544_LittleMissStubborn_original.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who constantly criticise everything. I know that's ironic coming from me. But I'm talking about the kind of people who find fault in every single little thing, no matter how trivial it is, and no matter how happy I am with it. I could have painted the Sistine chapel and there'd be something wrong with it. A lady I know almost all my life called into my work today. I'm beyond proud of it and everyone I've brought around to see it has remarked how beautiful it is. Not her though. The wallpaper wasn't nice, I needed a different reception desk, (even though mine cost me over a grand it's not like I raided oxfam for it), should have had plugs put in other places, she didn't like the floor, and herself would have painted absolutely everything white and then about 15 mins later told me she'd paint it cerise pink and black. she managed to get right under my skin, and I'm brimming with temper. She sits home all day sending people game requests on Facebook with her two unemployed adult children in their bedrooms watching Netflix all day. Go home and bother them, and stop pissing all over my hard work and dedication. I'm extremely proud of what I've achieved and anything I've put into was bought and paid for by earned money.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Training in somebody new in work. Too much talking and thinking about how to explain how to do stuff that I normally do on auto-pilot. Worn out, so I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

My shower trips out after about ten minutes right when I put the conditioner in my hair so I have to get out naked and drip water all over the place to switch it back. The electrician looked at it and said there was nothing wrong with it. Am I imagining the shower turning off so? Am I hallucinating the fcking shower turning off. Just because the little prick didn't want to do the work doesn't mean it's fine.

On the off chance did you replace the shower unit before that started?
    Friend of mine had similar problem a while ago,
    He went had an 8.5kw shower and replaced it with a 10.5kw one, it seems the wires weren't able to cope with the higher KW and tripped out, so had the choice of re-wire from fuse box to shower or new shower unit, New shower won, it was cheaper than a re-wire...(guess who got the 10.5kw :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that winterlong seems to be able to embed images in the After Hours forum but no one else. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

selous wrote: »
    He went had an 8.5kw shower and replaced it with a 10.5kw one, it seems the wires weren't able to cope with the higher KW and tripped out, so had the choice of re-wire from fuse box to shower or new shower unit, New shower won, it was cheaper than a re-wire...(guess who got the 10.5kw :D)

Yeah it's a new bathroom with a different shower. Thanks for letting me know. I can't believe the electrician didn't know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I hope you gave him money or else he's like that tight git...

TA that I CONTINUOUSLY think today is Friday. And it simply isn't. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

TA that winterlong seems to be able to embed images in the After Hours forum but no one else. :)

61769523.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Where's the thread for VIOLENTLY OUTRAGED?

Hopped on a bus today after work, two hours ahead of a french course I was supposed to be starting the other side of the city. May as well get there early and get myself a coffee ahead of the class.

LOLZ. Bus diverted. Hopped on another bus, bus diverted five minutes later. Hop on another bus, get stuck in a line of stagnant traffic for half an hour. Hop off to get an uber, phone which was previously at 40% battery, suddenly drops to 0% and switches off completely. Try to hail a black cab, but central London at rush hour = lol, may as well be looking for a chocolate sheep. So no transport and no directions means I've missed my french class and probably will be kicked off the course because apparently if you miss the first one or two classes you automatically get refunded.

I need to punch a wall. Screw you London and screw you Apple. I pay a hilariously high phone bill every month for this piece of sh1t iPhone and it's been non stop problems since day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

V=IR. To wit, voltage is equal to current times resistance. Thin power cable that has been there for years is inadequate for some of the modern, high-draw shower units. This situation can be quite dangerous due to overheating. You wouldn't run power to a cooker from the 30A circuit using the usual flex - "cooker" cable can be used to spancil Whitehead bulls. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Trivially annoyed with my slowness today, just read the sticky, this is about my befuddlement about images in after hours in case you are wondering.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement