Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

jimgoose wrote: »
    V=IR. To wit, voltage is equal to current times resistance. Thin power cable that has been there for years is inadequate for some of the modern, high-draw shower units. This situation can be quite dangerous due to overheating. You wouldn't run power to a cooker from the 30A circuit using the usual flex - "cooker" cable can be used to spancil Whitehead bulls. :D
    I'm going to be fried so :(
    Fcking electrician was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm going to be fried so :(
    Fcking electrician was useless.

No, you're not - the ELCB will cut in before there's any danger of that. But a competent sparks should be fully aware of the necessity to re-cable certain circuits when certain equipment is changed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was at the parent teacher meeting for 2 hours today. My daughter has been telling me about this gorgeous teacher since September and I was itching to see him. He couldn't make it, fecks sake :(

Two posters I liked have closed their accounts. Beks and Olishi, best of luck to you both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Two posters I liked have closed their accounts. Beks and Olishi, best of luck to you both :)

Aw bugger. Hope they come back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Fell asleep at 5 in the evening and only woke about an hour ago. TA that for the first time in a week in get sleep and I know it's gonna mess up my body clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

maudgonner wrote: »
    Aw bugger. Hope they come back.

One of them already is and the other I think might be but I could have it wrong.

Woke up absolutely starving. I don't know why, I had an actual dinner last night for the first time this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Two posters I liked have closed their accounts. Beks and Olishi, best of luck to you both

One of my favourite posters closed their account a couple of months ago. Tis like losing a friend*
    *tear slowly trickles down cheek 😭 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My Creche gave us a new year 'present' of 200e increase per month!! And that was 'looking after' us. We've been clients for the last 6+ years and would be for the next 6+ years also but sure who cares. Seriously I wasn't the better of it for a few days.

Anyway I went creche shopping yesterday. I found a lovely creche was speaking to the manager. Their basic rate before any discounts are applied is 20e less per week than what I'm paying now and a whopping 70+e less than what I'd be paying when the increase is applied AND you can take a 6 week break without paying if you are a teacher (hubby). It amounts to saving just slightly under 5000e per year.

So after all that positivity (Sorry TAers!!). I'm here nervously waiting for a call from the owner to see if they have space for my mini army... It's worse than waiting after a job interview..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

mewe wrote: »
    One of my favourite posters closed their account a couple of months ago. Tis like losing a friend*
    *tear slowly trickles down cheek 😭 😄

I'm still here trout, I just don't post as much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA being coeliac. The cheapest loaf of gf bread costs €1.99 yet a 'normal' sliced pan costs 69c .
    I know it's a niche market but it doesn't stop me getting annoyed

Jrop wrote: »
    TA being coeliac. The cheapest loaf of gf bread costs €1.99 yet a 'normal' sliced pan costs 69c .

I have to say that has always really annoyed me too and neither I or anyone in the family are coeliac. It is like you are being penalised for something that isn't your fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

The cost of GF products is very annoying, so I buy the bare minimum. TA by the whole gluten is bad for you eh no it's not for 90 perecent of people

One of them already is and the other I think might be but I could have it wrong.

Woke up absolutely starving. I don't know why, I had an actual dinner last night for the first time this week.

My TA is that I can never figure out who old posters are when they return :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I don't know if it's my Computer or maybe my Space-bar is feiced or maybe it's a new Boards thing, but if ya write posts and preview them or want to go back in again to change or amend anything the Cursor just goes to the end of the post and won't actually type in anything. It's kinda annoying now, been like this for past few weeks. Could be just dirt or crumbs in my Space-bar too. I might clean it later see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The fraud team from Ptsb calling me to see if my card had been stolen. It wasn't. I know it's good to have them on top of it incase but I'm not thrilled with the idea there's a team dedicated to snooping through people's accounts to see where their money is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I think it's viewed more as a lifestyle choice than a genuine medical condition. I'm twenty years coeliac, must have cost a fortune up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The fraud team from Ptsb calling me to see if my card had been stolen. It wasn't. I know it's good to have them on top of it incase but I'm not thrilled with the idea there's a team dedicated to snooping through people's accounts to see where their money is going.

Spent about €150 one afternoon on MandMDirect, SportsDirect & Amazon and the AIB fraud team call me up to verify the transactions!

2 weeks later, on a Saturday I had €100, then €200, then €400, then €700 and finally €800 removed from my account under 'Boylesports.com' (Don't even have an account with them)....no phonecall at any stage to verify the amounts. I have a Paddy Power account but I rarely use it and most that I transfer to that in one go might be €20!

Yeah, Thanks. For. That. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I don't think they're snooping, it's usually an irregular purchase that gets flagged on the system. About 10 years ago I bought the components for a new computer from Komplett and it came to €1400, AIB called me up to confirm it was a valid purchase and my card hadn't been stolen. I was glad they did as it gave me peace of mind in case someone did rob my card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

'Click unsubscribe to stop receiving these emails'.
    I click.
    Then they ask me 'Are you sure you want to unsubscribe'.
    I am.
    All done and dusted.
    Then they tell me 'Sorry to see you go'....by email.

*Pulls pin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm after coming down with something from going to CUH. I knew I'd get sick as I'm high risk. I even have no appetite which is definitely not normal. Have to struggle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Walked to shop and back (Hour and a half, up hills etc) went to put key in door and discovered my keys were not working.
    So some twat put the deadbolt on (you know the little latch you push up or down on internal locks?) which means even though I had my keys, I could not get in.

Knocked, rang the door bell (because someone had to be inside, you can only deadlock from the inside) but no fúcking answer. After 30mins I walked 15mins to library and rang the landlord (whose phone was turned off and I had a feeling he left town today anyway, which he did).

Went back over an hour later - banging/ringing. Joined by another flat mate, her key did not work either. We both were ringing bell etc. The girl inside has no phone yet so we could not phone her.

FINALLY she came down and was like "I thought I heard the door?" and I was like "Well why the fúck did you not come down and answer it????"

I had frozen food and meat from the shops, I don't know if it's ruined but I put it in the freezer anyway.

We told her, DO NOT deadlock the door and she was all "well how do I lock it?" and I'm like, just SHUT THE DOOR ITS A LATCH DOOR. FÚCK.

I took out €40 earlier, can only account for spending €30, yet can't find the remaining €10. This is the stuff that does my head in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When you get a microwave meal (don't judge me) like chicken curry from Tesco, and after it's cooked you have to cut off the plastic around the food even though there's the extra bit hanging off all around the sides to let you pull it off, but it never works........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    I took out €40 earlier, can only account for spending €30, yet can't find the remaining €10. This is the stuff that does my head in :(

Phone top-up? That's where I usually 'lose' them...

My TA - my feet are cold, socks won't help, I need a hot water bottle, but I'm too lazy to go and get it so I'll have to wait until bed time, but that means my feet will be freezing until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I know it's not the full cost but I think you can claim tax relief on gluten free products if you have been diagnosed as coeliac through the Med 1 form

TA I want a cup of tea but can't get up from couch to make one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I know it's not the full cost but I think you can claim tax relief on gluten free products if you have been diagnosed as coeliac through the Med 1 form

TA I want a cup of tea but can't get up from couch to make one

TA I am gluten intolerant (I have had the blood tests and the stomach samples and apparently not coeliac but I get severe cramps and the rest with bread etc) - and I can only afford the 30p loafs and I am considering giving up bread entirely now.

New Home wrote: »
    Phone top-up? That's where I usually 'lose' them...

My TA - my feet are cold, socks won't help, I need a hot water bottle, but I'm too lazy to go and get it so I'll have to wait until bed time, but that means my feet will be freezing until then.

I remembered after that I had been to the supermarket. It was killing me! I have gone so forgetful lately it's frightening:(

TA at the gobsh1te in front of me today who overtook two cars on the approach to a roundabout in a 60k zone, with a car coming towards him. I thought I was going to witness a head on collision:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Chicken wings that aren't spicy :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

73Cat wrote: »
    TA at the gobsh1te in front of me today who overtook two cars on the approach to a roundabout in a 60k zone, with a car coming towards him. I thought I was going to witness a head on collision:(

That kind of driving is a big annoyance alright. More than likely they hadn't even somewhere they needed to be in a hurry either but risking their own and other peoples lives. So stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement