Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

That the toilet which has been my sole sanctuary of calm and peace in my house from the craziness of a young family has been uncovered as such by my 2-year-old who's having no such slacking off on my part and relishes knocking the door down to get me back in her service.

Jesus! How ineffably precious are the simple things that I used to take for granted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm in that horrible limbo of having a cold and NOT having a cold.

One minute one nostril is blocked, the runs, I blow my nose, then I'm feeling perfectly fine for a few hours, then my nose starts tingling and I have to blow my nose several times and I start feeling weary. You know when your legs feel all tired and you have no energy.

Then I'm grand and think "I don't have a cold" and carry on with the day, then before you know it, it's 10pm and you're on the sofa surrounded by a mountain of tissues, a Vicks inhaler up your nostril and a dozy dopey look on your face as you think "Bleh, I do have a cold after all".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My baby just whacked my knee that had 6 stitches in it with a spoon. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

My uterus has awoken from its slumber and feels like its deciding to use a rusty lawn mower to get started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Since when did the word 'lose' have it's spelling changed to 'loose'?

Seems everyone now has decided to mis-spell it. Is it a new American habit we've decided is a cool thing?

Typical example from another Boards forum:
    Originally Posted by The Duke of Moral Hazard View Post
    Interesting reading, hard to say what the world will look like if the dollar looses its place as the world's reserve currency:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

have 'I saw' and 'I did' been officially been replaced by 'I seen' and 'I done'? everybody seems to be at it these days, almost everyone I work with and I hear it a lot in the media too.

somebody please let me know so I can keep up!

Ah here. Just back from bringing my little princess - all two years of her - to the hairdressers. I was told to get her fringe cut and to tidy it up at the bottom back (or something like that). At most, it took the hairdresser about 7 minutes to do.

And I was charged €15. €15 for cutting a two-year-old girl's hair. A simple haircut with a scissors. No perms, dyes and she wasn't under that hot machine thing that auld ones sit under for ages - and she didn't get a cup of tea. She sat there quietly smiling at me in the mirror and unlike so many adults was not messing on a mobile phone while the hairdresser was working. What the hell - I've never, ever spent that much on my own hair. Mine is €10 usually, and at most €12 - and it takes longer than 7 minutes.

It's as if hairdressers see a female of whatever age, they salivate and charge a totally ridiculous price. Why women put up with such a differential on an auld hair cut is beyond me. And don't even get me started about paying them to blow dry your hair. When did they start chancing their arm with that one!

Arise, mná na hÉireann, and tell them to feck off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My inability to cure this hangover. Like bear all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I know some hairdressers do a child's first haircut for free, but I think they're a little bit harder to cut and would need more time, because a small kid is liable to whip her head out of nowhere, or be a little bit more fidgety or could run off mid cut, so it takes more time than a standard dry cut/trim. 15 euro is expensive though for a trim!

Though that reminds me of my own hair disaster last time I got my hair cut. 95 euro for a wash cut and blow dry, a trip back the next day to see if she needed to fix it, then finally having to fix my own hair with an eyebrow trimming scissors. I'll be cutting my own hair in future

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The euro price in debehams. Holy sh*t like.

I was looking at a dressing gown, €75 but only £50.

Bought a pair of totes slipper things that were very cheap in the sale but the original price was €32 or £22.

Bloody hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

I avoid hairdresser costs by always doing my own hair. Except then I end up with the TAs of cutting my fringe weird or short or missing parts of my roots.

/sigh. The things we do to look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

With hairdressers is when I tell them I do not care about anything in blowdry except want the hair to end straight, and I exit the shop with my hair edges curled and wavy and still have to pay for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Youtube videos where people show themselves unnecessarily e.g. a video about a TV series or movies consists of 15 minutes of some guy talking into the camera, whereas some clips or stills related to his points would be much more pleasant to look at, or game videos that do at least show the gameplay, but feel the need to include a corner insert showing the player...er...playing.

Also game-related videos where the narration is done on the fly. I don't do YouTube videos myself, but is it really that hard to edit out the slow bits and do a voiceover afterwards?

have 'I saw' and 'I did' been officially been replaced by 'I seen' and 'I done'? everybody seems to be at it these days, almost everyone I work with and I hear it a lot in the media too.

somebody please let me know so I can keep up!

And "I said..." has been replaced with "I was like..." I've heard people re-enact entire conversations without using the verb "say" even once.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sitting in A&E and I'm starving but I left my purse at home.
    My stomach keeps growling loudly. It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Looking forward to having a relaxing bath and watching a movie tonight. The 4 year old decides to do a backflip off the bed and whack her head off the wooden floor. Now, have to keep her awake for a while instead of my planned relaxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Over dramatic personalities.

*quiet, civil tone* ''look, im not really happy with what you did there...''

OMG HE ATE THE HEAD OFF ME SO RUDE AND AGGRESSIVE SHOUTING THAT HE WASNT HAPPY WITH ME

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Etogistical pricks.
    How do you fight back? Play the power game? Ignore it and carry on regardless? Shout them down? Ugh.

Ignore. Your blissful ignorance of their best efforts to humiliate you will boomerang back at the them as their ego can't cope with the idea that you might not even be noticing. At worst, they'll seethe quietly and impotently, at best, they'll up the ante to the extent that you can finally tell them to fcuk off/ report them to HR/ report them to the Guards, whatever the scenario calls for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People who stand in the doorway talking. Either come inside, close the door and talk, or get to hell out. Likewise people who don't close doors. Drives me mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

madmaggie wrote: »
    People who stand in the doorway talking. Either come inside, close the door and talk, or get to hell out. Likewise people who don't close doors. Drives me mad.

Ate the top or bottom of an escalator... ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed & just after dropping the phone into my eye.

Only 19 mins into Monday & I'm already TA'd at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ate the top or bottom of an escalator... ugh!

Taste bad did it :D

Can't sleep at all. Back to trying to work tomorrow and deal with LIFE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Trying for five more minutes in bed but really need to pee :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Looked in the food press hoping for inspiration on what to have for breakfast. Not really into what was in there.
    Tried again half an hour later, maybe my mind/stomach will have more information for me now that I'm hungrier.
    No. Will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the ginger cat who woke me at 2.40am to let him out.

When you go for a pee, pull down your zip and realise... that you must have put your boxing shorts on back to front this morning. The eternal space cadet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The neighbours ratty little dog barking like a lunatic on and off between 6 and 8am. Every time I dozed it set off again. I hadn't had a great sleep anyway what with tiny bladder syndrome and am so tired now I'd sleep on the washing line :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Women who fawn over Beyoncé - just stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Chainsaw Guy is out again today. :mad::mad: My eyes are starting to get headachy. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement