Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Too close to the end of the work day to start in on something new but far enough away from the end that I'm paranoid about being here. :|

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

mansize wrote: »
    Weren't you the same when you were a kid...

Children are a TA for me in general.

Simple rule... if they smell or cry hand them back to their parent! :D

I was as my mother loves to remind me :). Payback she says. Now that TAs me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Discovering that my watch is fast and I have to relive the last 10 minutes again.
    The first time was not spectacular, low expectations for the second time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Snapping some spaghetti pasta in half into a pot and bits fly out at you like bullets aiming for your face!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Bought the most fab pair of adidas shoes 2 years ago and have worn them almost daily, across the world and back. From the outside they still look okay but inside they're beginning to disintegrate and are no longer comfortable to walk any significant distance in. I wore them today and walked about 5km into and around town. My feet are on fire. I think I need to throw these shoes out but I can't bring myself to. I bought another pair of the same design/different colour last year and have only worn them twice, they're just not the same. Have scoured the internet for another pair of these but they're nowhere to be had.

RIP in peace, deadly shoes. You will be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Parchment wrote: »
    Barge on - i refuse to wait!

I stop and stand in the way until they make space

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 GoodBrains

Trump is building a border between Mexico but none for Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Bus eireann's crappy website. :mad:

Pulling up on the street outside the house and coming to a stop before swinging the car up into the front garden. Except I forget to go into first gear and conk with the car half on the road and half on the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

RIP in peace, deadly shoes.

Is this some sort of sick joke? You're in the trivial annoyances thread!!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bought the most fab pair of adidas shoes 2 years ago and have worn them almost daily, across the world and back. From the outside they still look okay but inside they're beginning to disintegrate and are no longer comfortable to walk any significant distance in. I wore them today and walked about 5km into and around town. My feet are on fire. I think I need to throw these shoes out but I can't bring myself to. I bought another pair of the same design/different colour last year and have only worn them twice, they're just not the same. Have scoured the internet for another pair of these but they're nowhere to be had.

This is more than just a TA for me, have adidas ROM S for the past 18 months and same thing, they are gone to pot on the inside and I can't find them anywhere to buy a new pair. I love them and the likes of Gazelles just don't do it for me. Majorly peeved, I'd say they'll be fooked out in the next few months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Buy some good insoles which might let you hold onto them for another while.

TA - have blisters on my tongue, salt didn't help so far, too sore to eat any solid food atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I'm the only man in the office and every now and then a delivery man or salesman asks to use the unisex toilet and fookin destroys the bowl in sh*t and p*ss so I have to go and clean the thing just in case one of the women think it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I'm the only man in the office and every now and then a delivery man or salesman asks to use the unisex toilet and fookin destroys the bowl in sh*t and p*ss so I have to go and clean the thing just in case one of the women think it was me.

Vile when people do this. Anymore tell them last time you checked they were closed for cleaning.
    That way if someone else says to go ahead you won't seem like you were obviously lying.

TA that my shower is still broken due to a useless landlord. Had to use the one at work today it was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

No more TLC on Sky!! I can't believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

No more TLC on Sky!! I can't believe this.

I have it...

Colser wrote: »
    I have it...

Their contract with Discovery ends on 1st Feb. You won't be able to access it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Their contract with Discovery ends on 1st Feb. You won't be able to access it anymore.

It's on Mobdro. Just cast it from the phone.

The price of packets of healthy nuts. Why are these healthy snacks so expensive - €4.75 for cashews/nut &fruit mix/ etc tonight - when peanuts riddled with oil and salt are 20% of the price.

Perhaps the government could put a fat tax on all this cheap crap food, and reduce taxes on our healthy food?

Just tonight I noticed in my local Tesco Express that they moved all the Tayto/Crisps crap from the very back up to the front in the hope they could tempt people dropping in for things. I don't think I've ever been in a shop in continental Europe that gives the prominence to junk food that is given to it in Ireland. You have to search them out there down the back, while fruit and breads tend to be up at the front. Here, there's junk food right, left, and centre as you queue and you have to search out the healthy stuff.

It was not always thus in Ireland but now people seem to be oblivious to how much junk food is shoved into our faces in all shops.

You get nice nut mixes in Lidl for cheaper than that. They have a pretty good range.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The woman across the way moved in a few weeks ago. She put her bins out on monday but they were not collected.
    Was chatting to her and she seems a bit clueless so advised her on how to get her account set up with Panda so that the bins would be collected next time.
    Also mentioned that there was a storm on the way and she should take her bins in.

She didn't move the bins, storm arrived, and her rubbish is now blowing all over the street. Fecks sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Light sleeper and strong wind (outside, not me) meant that I was up and down like a whores knickers all night.

The cold my body has been fighting a whole week, has finally caught me. **** you, cold.

The teenager is only just gone out the door to school. At my wits end this morning:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My eyes wont stop watering today. I'm 98% certain that I am not crying.

I also spilled coffee on my crotch this morning in the car. It was early on in the drive to work but had to watch it the whole drive to make sure it dried off and was not visible by the time I got to work.
    Thankfully it wasn't, but I was doing lots of patting of my crotch in the car this morning.....well more than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

We had loose horse run into the premises where I work. I'm on reception so I call the guards and the council to round up said horses. I was worried the horses would be hit by car and injured and in turn hurt the driver.

I walk into the canteen yesterday and one of the fellas starts muttering under his breath I asked him was his problem was and he store strips off me for calling the council to get the horses cos it's none of my business.
    WFT ? why is any of your business either Pal ? You don't own the horses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

When on a train (or plane), and people get out of their seat before reaching the destination and stand in the aisle to be first off, and then let people in the seats ahead of them get off first.

For many weeks I've been doing so well
    Alas I've returned to that paranoid hell.
    A simple chat with Doctor dear turned my nice mood in to one of fear.
    Your blood pressure is a bit high, let me check it again. Are you relaxed? Now then.
    We'll send you off for a simple test oh but don't worry it's for the best.
    A monitor for a night around your arm, sure isn't that grand no need for alarm.
    Now I'm in bed with my poor anxious mind
    Rational thoughts none will you find.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Winterlong wrote: »
    The woman across the way moved in a few weeks ago. She put her bins out on monday but they were not collected.
    Was chatting to her and she seems a bit clueless so advised her on how to get her account set up with Panda so that the bins would be collected next time.
    Also mentioned that there was a storm on the way and she should take her bins in.

She didn't move the bins, storm arrived, and her rubbish is now blowing all over the street. Fecks sake.

My new neighbour moved in 5 months ago, all her rubbish is in black bags outside her back door, all the nappies on top, door gets opened nappy gets thrown out on top of the pile.
    Wonder when the lease is up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Boards is going balubas at the moment, with threads and posts disappearing all over the place. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Finally found a foundation that doesn't make me look like I have a skin disease... aaaannnd its 40 euro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement