Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Candie wrote: »
    I'm TA'd that so many of the threads on AH are just full of bile and bitterness. There's precious little lighthearted fun stuff here anymore. :(

Also TA'd that I'm not better at coming up with fun threads.

TA'd that the idiocy thread is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Plugging a USB cable into a socket on a PC.

You'd think by the law of averages I would have it round the right way 50% of the time?

No, I seem to have it wrong 90% of the time, and have to end up twisting it round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Phone has started to die at completely arbitrary percentages, 30-something usually, does my head in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

I just saw a link on a website to a section for "provisions for people with adapted needs".

People with ADAPTED NEEDS ...?! Political correctness taken to a whole new level! It doesn't even make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I ran out of coffee yesterday and forgot to get some when I was in the shop. No coffee for breakfast :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I got my hair cut yesterday & now am cold the whole time. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thinking I'm smart by putting a load of washing on before breakfast to get a head start. TA'd the exact same time I finally sit down to breakfast the washing is done and I have to get up to take them out before they crease!

Also a major TA my washing machine beeps at the end of a cycle, useful one might think, but it goes on beeping until you turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,657 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Was watching a video on Youtube and my phone battery died.
    Had to boot up the laptop which was on the same table I was sitting at and watch it on that.
    It took nearly 30 seconds. Ugh, FML.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Work six days a week. Went to bed last night early enough to get a decent nights sleep. 20 past 2 I'm woken up by this awful racket sounds like a spaceship being launched up my stairs. I awoke feeling my tachycardia in full swing, it felt like about ten heartbeats in one. Turns out it was a car full of little knackers who drove down to the very back of our estate (outside my house) in their ****box and dodge exhausts, to speed up and down the cul de sac doing donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My monsters decided to make toast this morning. They made charcoal instead. TA'd that the house still smells of burnt toast despite artic level ventilation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

In the aftermath of John Hurt's death I have noticed a lot of media outlets refer to him as the 'Harry Potter' actor. As if that is the pinnacle of his career. Fail to mention Elephant Man or whatever. The same applies to anyone who refers to Liam Neeson as the 'Taken star' or Robert de Niro as the 'Meet the Fockers star'.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

When your belly hairs get caught in your belt.

NNNYYYYYaaaarrrghhhhfffffnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I'm changing careers, I'm going back to full time study next year. Which is great, but the problem is I have to stick out my current job until then. I hate it, it's so boring, I hove lost all interest and enthusiasm for it.

All I want to do is tell them "I DON'T CARE!". It's going to be the longest year ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I have an alarm set for less than a hours time and I still haven't gotten any sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I have an alarm set for less than a hours time and I still haven't gotten any sleep.

Playing with your phone's not helping I'd guess.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

NIMAN wrote: »
    Playing with your flute's not helping I'd guess.;)

Fixed it there for ya......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Retail one

Customers who insist on using a 50 or a 20 euro note to pay for items less than a fiver...its annoying and my change constantly runs out ffs and then they get all snotty when I have to give them coins back in change

I've been guilty of this too often-but often times, I just literally don't have the change.

Which brings me to another irritant-when the ATM doesn't have 20 or 10 euro notes-so you HAVE to take 50-then feel embarassed paying for something that's maybe a fiver, or less.
    I'd pay with credit card, but the VAT doesn't make it work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When websites like the Irish Times site have a hyperlink in an article, but the link just takes you to a kind of search result of all the mentions that particular thing has on the Irish Times website.

An example is this:
    Murphy had pleaded not guilty at the non-jury Special Criminal Court to nine charges of failing to comply with tax laws in the Irish Republic for the years 1996/97 to 2004.

The words Criminal court are hyperlinked - you might expect the hyperlink to take you to a court ruling, or even a previous article about the case, but instead it just takes you to a list of all the results of a search for the words Criminal Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

To all purveyors of take away coffee.

You cannot stir coffe adequately with a skinny fcuking stick!

People who don't look after their animals. Posts on the local rescue FB page about dumped puppies. My heart is so sad for them. There are no foster homes available and tiny little babies with nobody to love them. How could somebody actually dump defenceless puppies? I'm waiting to hear back if I can short term foster one but looks like I'll be bringing it to work if I do get to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    To all purveyors of take away coffee.

You cannot stir coffe adequately with a skinny fcuking stick!

AHA! Not with one skinny stick, but take 10 together and you get a great stir.. I've been doing this for ages :)

I wanna say I'm TA'd at something, but I'm grand, thanks for asking :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

When you take out €60 or €80 from an ATM in the hopes that it will come out with all €20 notes but you get a €50 note with a €10 and €20 instead. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Noahboah2014

Finally getting out for a night after having a baby, Going to a club for a dance but realising everyone just stands around looking their phones now. 😷😷 WTF

While I'm on the topic... a 42 week pregnancy.... like is there any need 😅😅

Not getting a puppy :(

Not getting a puppy :(

Getting the puppy and it pooping everywhere much to the amusement of my little boy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Job Application forms.

Ah here, it's all the same stuff that's on my CV, but you demand that I cut and paste it into your company's customised word document (with stupid formatting that makes the text go everywhere) and waffle on about how I've spent my whole life until now preparing for this specific role. Which you will probably immediately reject me for anyway.

To any HR people reading this, how about a compromise? Do your initial screening based on my CV and then if you're taking me seriously as a candidate I will be more than happy to provide the waffle you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

maudgonner wrote: »
    To any HR people reading this, how about a compromise? Do your initial screening based on my CV and then if you're taking me seriously as a candidate I will be more than happy to provide the waffle you need.

HR never read the stuff you want them to read! They are a bunch of useless cúnts that more than trivially TA me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

kfallon wrote: »
    HR never read the stuff you want them to read! They are a bunch of useless cúnts that more than trivially TA me

Had a HR manager explain her process, some times. Like, if she is recruiting for a place that is overloaded with women-she's gonna bring in guys. Why? Too much oestrogen, she needs the testosterone to balance it all out.
    Ditto too many guys-oestrogen helps balance out the testosterone.

They may not be even the most capable people-but sometimes she's in a situation where too many employees of one gender are squabbling and fighting amongst themselves, she needs to balance it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Needing to go to the loo, but doing so would disturb the cat on my lap....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement