Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rasher2903

Slurping tea is so trivially annoying...in fact bad table manners in general put me off my food (nearly)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

TA's there's a list tonight & it's all work related
    Incompetent fools (with)
    Agendas (causing)
    Unnecessary Stress (to)
    High Maintenance Clients (which in turn)
    Necessitates More Unnecessary and Lengthy Paperwork (for me)

I now have to spend time I don't have attempting to fix a problem that isn't mine or of my making that I will in no way be compensated for!

I don't pay myself enough to put up with this Sh1t....

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Trivially Annoyed by the otherwise excellent (imo) Pointless, BBC1 daily - when somebody gives an utterly inane answer, scoring the maximum bad score, and then applauds him/herself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having a bad back
    The sound of my breathing
    The size of my bladder that seems to close for business at night
    Super annoyed I cant foster any dogs despite knowing it's the wise thing to do

Super irritated tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Finding a chip in one of my favourite cups :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

When someone does a bit of cleaning/housework for the first time in years, and goes on and on about it.
    And thinks they should be awarded some sort of Nobel peace prize.

:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Forgetting where I put stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

right now I'm on a 65 Dublin Bus.
    The bus got fookin delayed at Terenure because a taxi driver took for ever to move off on a green light.
    Because of him, the bus did not make the green signal at Terenure cross.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

To the absolute wagon who walked past me with her her ugly
    Head stuck to her phone, while I held the door of the bank open
    While she exited.....FCUK YOU!!!!.

And yes, yes I did say "you are welcome" and she ignored that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Having to resort to wearing ear plugs last night in order to block out the sound of a howling dog and noisy neighbours who start banging around their house at 6am. I still woke to the dog howling, my right ear kept itching and I could hear my heart beating in my ears :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Getting up at bloody 5am to catch a stupid flight somewhere!!

I promised myself I wasn't doing these stupid AM flights anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Being seated in a restaurant near someone who has a big, loud, shrieky or guffawing laugh, that they emit every two minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you don't know who you're texting. Texting one person to later find out it's actually their OH that's replying so I've spent twenty minutes having a conversation with the wrong person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Cats. The smell of cats. Just visited a house where three cats have free reign. The smell was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Old goats. Terribly annoying.

When someone whose eyes are not properly aligned is talking and you are not sure if it is you they are talking to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA squashing the bread!

Groups collecting for their holidays (disguised as helping the environment/needy somewhere outside Europe) and attempting to pack your shopping, eggs in first type of thing. I usually wave them away, but if their charity/holidays seems for a good cause I donate something, but won't let them touch the grub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

Finding a chip in one of my favourite cups :(

A McDonalds chip? ðŸŸ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

73Cat wrote: »
    When someone whose eyes are not properly aligned is talking and you are not sure if it is you they are talking to :(

You don't know if they're looking at ya or looking for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

73Cat wrote: »

Anyone with flaws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Trying to drive up a steep hill with a sharp turn and a marade of Roma in dark clothes walk right into the car causing me to have to stall mid turn. One of them starting roaring abuse at me. They were lucky they weren't picking up pieces of themselves out of their vast skirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Spice pots that have crappy little holes that nothing can get out of, so I have to take the lid off one-handed while holding a half-full measuring spoon in the other.

When I set a timer but it doesn't actually start, so I have to guess how long my onions/meat/sauces have been cooking for.

Cooking in general. I love it but I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

cbreeze wrote: »
    Groups collecting for their holidays (disguised as helping the environment/needy somewhere outside Europe) and attempting to pack your shopping, eggs in first type of thing. I usually wave them away, but if their charity/holidays seems for a good cause I donate something, but won't let them touch the grub!

I cant help but imagine that offering a group of actual builders a charity/holiday would be much better. Work for a week and a half, let them sight see/ off on the piss/whatever for the rest of the week. They're professionals. They'll get **** loads more done than a group of students.

I have Memory by Barbara Streisand playing on repeat in my head since yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The stitches in my knee are crazy itchy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Last night in my haste getting some clothes ready for an interview this morning, didn't only go and pick the shirt that was the exact same colour of my intended one, but a size to small. And of course I only realised this morning when I was getting ready in the GF's house (and thus hadn't time to go back home).

Anyway, arrived to the venue in good form, ie. not a bit nervous about the interview ahead (had all the research of the company done etc.), but was kind of self-aware of how tight this shirt was on me and was trying to figure out ways of sitting down without bits of my body protruding out (wake-up call that I may get back exercising :D).

That was fine anyway but as the clock neared to my designated slot, there was no sign of my interviewer. Ten minutes PAST the time, I ran out to my car to get my phone thinking they may have sent a text apologising for being late or whatever. Nothing. Another half an hour of waiting time, I decided to ring them. Turns out she had forgotten to "book me in" to the slot and rescheduled it for the following day.

More than trivially annoying really. I was tempted to fob her off over the phone but if anything I have leverage now. And at least my shirt will be a perfect fit tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The sound of the wind howling in the chimney is really annoying me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

When my phone battery drops below 50% and I've no charger with me

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

American tv shows that decide to take a break for a week for no good reason. It only restarted after christmas 3 weeks ago and its already decided to take a little rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Parents smoking in school car park or on the school grounds and the idiot last week rolling a smoke while surrounded by small kids coming out of school

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement