Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Performance Evaluation coming up soon at work. Hate them.

Have to set objectives for 2017. How to I say "to get a new job" without actually saying it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The completely anti-working class recruitment policy in RTE. Its evident on all the shows- news presenters from wealthy backgrounds, Kathryn Thomas on every single show going, Dermot Bannon spending every week in a 2million detached in D4, "top" dramas starring nothing but actors or actresses from posh backgrounds. Where are the salt of the earth people who make up the majority of the population? If anyone sees them on RTE let me know because I cant see any.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Performance Evaluation coming up soon at work. Hate them.

Have to set objectives for 2017. How to I say "to get a new job" without actually saying it? :pac:

Probably best to come up with objectives you can spin as positives for a new job. That way when you're working towards them in the current job, you're still good in their books, but you also have relatable work to demonstrate your performance in an interview setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Being stuck behind agricultural machinery on the road. Car ends up filthy and I end up late. Grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Back pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Back pain

Same :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Same :(

Me three. I'm dosing myself though.

Pretty annoyed that today I can't taste food and I feel ill at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

realising the screenshot I sent my solicitor also captured some very embarrassing selfies at the bottom of the screen, I have taken with huge hoopy earrings and a huge pair of sunglasses. I'm raging, I thought there was nothing too bad in the screenshots. Check things before sending them, dopey LOR.

The completely anti-working class recruitment policy in RTE. Its evident on all the shows- news presenters from wealthy backgrounds, Kathryn Thomas on every single show going, Dermot Bannon spending every week in a 2million detached in D4, "top" dramas starring nothing but actors or actresses from posh backgrounds. Where are the salt of the earth people who make up the majority of the population? If anyone sees them on RTE let me know because I cant see any.

Never watched Love and Hate then :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Completely fed up with RTE coverage of Donald trump, every night n day on radio & TV, you would think we were a state of the US, give us our Irish news/problems first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Never watched Love and Hate then :o

Apparently it wasn't made by RTE. I mentioned to someone that I thought it was amazing that RTE could come up with a show that good and gritty and was told "they didn't"

TA'd today by the girl on the train I was on who ate garlic chips. The whole carriage stank.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,223 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

realising the screenshot I sent my solicitor also captured some very embarrassing selfies at the bottom of the screen, I have taken with huge hoopy earrings and a huge pair of sunglasses naked. I'm raging, I thought there was nothing too bad in the screenshots. Check things before sending them, dopey LOR.

FYP. We know what you really meant ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

realising the screenshot I sent my solicitor also captured some very embarrassing selfies at the bottom of the screen, I have taken with huge hoopy earrings and a huge pair of sunglasses. I'm raging, I thought there was nothing too bad in the screenshots. Check things before sending them, dopey LOR.

top tip: assuming this is on a Windows PC, ALT-printscreen captures just the active topmost window

TA: Tesco seem to have discontinued their plain thick base pizza :(

I have to get professional pictures done for work. So I have to pay some fiend to capture my mutant face and body for what, for why? Waste of time and energy and money. I despise cameras.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have to get professional pictures done for work. So I have to pay some fiend to capture my mutant face and body for what, for why? Waste of time and energy and money. I despise cameras.

If you get a decent photographer they can work wonders, even my uggo muggo came out half alright when shot by a professional.

My knee is in a heap, I can't walk properly, I can't rest properly with it. It seems to be only OK if I lie like this

43522.jpg

So now I look like an Immac advertisement except with hairy man legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe Duffy was working class..but then he got into RTE and the 416K euro pay cheque turned him

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It's only Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone asking for advice then ignoring it. Then coming back again because the problem wasn't magically fixed. And ignoring the advice again. Then complaining to anyone who'll listen about the problem.

People who you'd think would have some professionalism, giving misleading information because they are too lazy to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There is some truth in what you're saying, but in fairness, this week's renovation from Dermot was a €250k spend by a window-cleaner.
    Grayson wrote: »
    Apparently it wasn't made by RTE. I mentioned to someone that I thought it was amazing that RTE could come up with a show that good and gritty and was told "they didn't"
    It was commissioned by RTE. They paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

People at the bus stop who think two minutes before the bus is due is the perfect time to light up and blow their toxic fumes at everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Rasher2903

Bad drivers....ads....nose pickers...queueing....loud mouths on phones in public places....incoherent announcements at station/airports.....opinionated taxi ðrivers....ray darcy....people with a sense of entitlement.....teachers who moan about their plight for 9 months (on hols rest of time) Moses beards...Dr Eva....to name but a few!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

TV3 are repeating 24 Hours To Kill. Tonight it features a shocking murder which happened a few miles from me. Do Tv3 ask for approval before airing this show each time? I wouldn't want to be the relations of the deceased woman tonight.
    Some subjects should be left rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

At a roundabout.

Me in the right Lane, going right.

Him in the left Lane going straight.

Two of us travel around the roundabout side by side

Aaaaaaaaaand his entire car is in my Lane.

Happens all.the.time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Their is always one tool that pulls into a petrol station the wrong way and fooks up the nice flow of parking and exit for everybody else.

Massive exit only sign but it's like a magnet for people that only breath through their mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Beyoncé fans, theres a couple of girls I work with that are obsessed with her and already shared an ungodly amount of posts about her being pregnant....Christ, is she the first person ever to be pregnant - Fair enough she has a good voice but ffs the love for her is overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

The Davester I'm with ya. TA by the hype cos Beyonce is preggers. woo bleedin hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ticket master....screw you!

Seatwave...fcuk you, robbing bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

At a roundabout.

Me in the right Lane, going right.

Him in the left Lane going straight.

Two of us travel around the roundabout side by side

Aaaaaaaaaand his entire car is in my Lane.

Happens all.the.time
    Despite the signs, and the writing on the road, it still happens.

More than TA with myself for getting 3 points on my licence after 20 years without a blemish. My own fault entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA'd by people who try to tell me how long it ''should'' take for me to get to a destination, based on some kind of StupidMaps app or Google. They don't take into account the road surface (or lack of it), the weather, etc. You might make it in the stated time if you drove as the crow flies!

My courier just said the same thing. His computer thing gave him an estimate of 16 minutes for a delivery to an area I know would take me a half an hour to drive to. It took him longer again because he's unfamiliar with the roads and a city driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Having to do a speedy edit on the Trivially Happy thread because I typed TA. Force of habit, and much more my usual form ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement