Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Deli lady didn't cut my hot chicken role in half earlier. I was in foul form for about 10 seconds :mad::P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just fúck off weather, will ya! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Stupid weather. I slipped earlier and whacked my head (not too badly) but enough to leave me with a dull heavy headache. I don't know if that makes me TA at the rain or my shoes.

I also twisted my already sore back, so now I'm laying on the floor of my office with my left leg stretched completely out trying to stop the pain in my legs/bum/side/lower back. It hurts to stand up. It hurts to bend over. It hurts to sit. It's only comfortable to lay down and stretch myself out as much as I can.

I'm hoping it subsides fairly quickly. This day is a pure dose. I feel like a bag of sh1t that's been set on fire and stomped out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

On the show "Tipping Point", if Ben Shepherd is in the middle of reading a question but runs out of time, he carries on reading it and then asks "Would you have known that?", and the contestant will answer it correctly but Ben will say 'Correct but out of time'.

We KNOW, Ben. We know he was out of time, as did you, so WHY did you bother reading the whole question anyway?!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Stupid weather. I slipped earlier and whacked my head (not too badly) but enough to leave me with a dull heavy headache. I don't know if that makes me TA at the rain or my shoes.

I also twisted my already sore back, so now I'm laying on the floor of my office with my left leg stretched completely out trying to stop the pain in my legs/bum/side/lower back. It hurts to stand up. It hurts to bend over. It hurts to sit. It's only comfortable to lay down and stretch myself out as much as I can.

I'm hoping it subsides fairly quickly. This day is a pure dose. I feel like a bag of sh1t that's been set on fire and stomped out

Have you tried the Immac model postition? :pac::pac:

Today I'm annoyed by the wind, not the wind itself but the way it's whistling through the wall of the office today, followed by a sheet of rain bashing off the window scaring the begorrah out of me. I guess I'm not a fan of the office today.

• Advertisement

Accidentally knocked over a salt shaker right into my bowl of mashed potatoes.
    More TA'd that I thought most of it went on the floor so I ate the mash.
    Saltier than the Irish Sea.
    My mouth is arid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Noveight wrote: »
    Deli lady didn't cut my hot chicken role in half earlier. I was in foul form for about 10 seconds :mad::P

Surely you were in fowl form........sorry:D

My TA......sniffles that won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Someone in my office keeps setting the air con at 24 degrees... It's too hot in there to think, never mind actually do any work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

fussyonion wrote: »
    On the show "Tipping Point", if Ben Shepherd is in the middle of reading a question but runs out of time, he carries on reading it and then asks "Would you have known that?", and the contestant will answer it correctly but Ben will say 'Correct but out of time'.

We KNOW, Ben. We know he was out of time, as did you, so WHY did you bother reading the whole question anyway?!!

I just wish he'd stop saying "lateral movement"-it's a sh1t gameshow based on sh1tty slot machines, just say "sideways" ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

At a roundabout.

Me in the right Lane, going right.

Him in the left Lane going straight.

Two of us travel around the roundabout side by side

Aaaaaaaaaand his entire car is in my Lane.

Happens all.the.time

The instructions should be written on the road for some people, but even then they're wrong, Did you see the video of the Guys in the Park in Carrickmines, one giving the other a few smacks thru the window?

The left side of the entrance road has an arrow left and straight on it, the right side has an arrow right and straight on it, then you get to the roundabout and the straight ahead is only a single lane. So why have two straight ahead arrows to a single lane? That's how fights start and accidents happen..

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    I just wish he'd stop saying "lateral movement"-it's a sh1t gameshow based on sh1tty slot machines, just say "sideways" ffs.

I know, he is very annoying. I hate the show but my other half loves it.

It's such a slow-paced show...small talk being made whilst waiting for the coins to do their thing and the contestants being all overly enthusiastic and chiming in on other contestant's turn, saying "Oooh nearly!!".
    Shut up.

TA'd that my wheelie bin lid keeps flying open in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Bins blowing down and littering the whole area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Dropped my phone about two weeks ago and it had a crack but I could live with it.
    Dropped it again tonight....it's in bits....colour gone and everything :(......off for new phone (and case) tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The world is full of cúnts, pretty much the only person you can count on is yourself. Too many **** out there, no respect for other people!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I have old pink glasses to wear at home and the sleeve off one arm has disappeared so I basically have metal digging into my head. I know you can buy new ones but I'm just not able to get to the shop right now.

Found it on the kitchen floor! Not all is bad in the world.

Sneezing so hard my tongue bar bashes off my teeth
    Each time it happens I expect my tooth to be in half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Thread titles with small letters instead of capital letters

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Making the mistake of thinking your drying laundry is really, really cold when it's actually slightly, slightly wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

An ould one driving a 171 but no idea of the correct way to navigate a roundabout. A fecking mini roundabout! Shouldn't be let out. Grrr.

My neighbour leaves her dog out in all weathers. The poor thing is whining and crying all the time. But as far as I know, as long as he has water, it's not classed as neglect, is that right?
    I'm heartbroken listening to him.

TA'd that my laptop, which I don't use that much, is very slow and I don't know why, nor have I the patience to sit here and try and fix it.

TA'd that I want a lie-in tomorrow but I've to drive a friend to the fking airport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

fussyonion wrote: »
    My neighbour leaves her dog out in all weathers. The poor thing is whining and crying all the time. But as far as I know, as long as he has water, it's not classed as neglect, is that right?

Water and shelter.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Why do people want dogs to decorate their back gardens?
    TA just reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hotel WiFi

generally comes in 2 forms;

1. Search for WiFi, find it, connect, and you are connected.

2. Search for WiFi, find it, connect, be brought to a big f**k off questionnaire bigger than a mortgage application that must be filled out fully in order to get connected. eventually complete the above and get connected. Leave phone down for 10 minutes, pick it up to go back on the internet and it's disconnected so repeat the above steps.

Fu*k

Right

Off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Being told by someone that the date you got your first driving licence (or passed the test) is on the back of the new card, so for curiosity I looked, hmmm, it cant be right, because I was driving abroad 4 years previous to the date on mine, on a full licence..

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Certain person who are gluten free but complain that there's nothing to eat/buy in shops. Every shop has something or other gluten free now.

I think they do it for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I went up to dress the bed and realised when everything else was on that one of the pillowcases has mysteriously disappeared. Now my pillow has an odd pillowcase on it, my head will be wrecked :(

Aul ones who leave their trolley in the que on a busy Friday evening while they feck off and finish picking up bits and pieces. Some aul one in dunnes this evening left her trolley 3 times and then when she finally paid she decided she'd have a look through the sweets at the ajoining tills and guess what? She went back to the cashier, right past me even though she was finished her shopping. I hope the sweets choke her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My sister rang me six times in a row even though I told her I was too sick to talk. Her voice is really loud and I just know she has something she's dying to rant on about. Just not able.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

why on earth does an item on Children doing mindfulness in a school in limerick make it on to the nine o clock "news.' How is this news and who gives a fiddlers

Ta at big dumbing down in the media in recent years not to mention that late late show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The Wexford accent and the way when they're on the radio ****eing on about something they cant just make a point and stop talking to minimise the pain of the listener......It only annoys me just a little bit..... having said that and if Donald gets itchy fingers some night and wants to try out the ' red button 'he could do worse then point it somewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement