Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

The takeaway I want isn't open until 5. I'll have withered away by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting disturbed from a nice post sunday lunch meal by some muppet at the door selling bad art.
    I need a shotgun for occasions like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

If I looked like Rita Ora I wouldn't be in this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

No painkillers for 2 days. Cold snap. Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Someone accidentally breaking a glass.. Then carrying the bits of glass towards the bin only to drop all the bits of glass everywhere

No need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The Superbowl.
    The Winners are the World Champions, eh no they're not. If that's the case then Dublin are the all World champions in football.
    People here getting excited about this, "are you staying up to watch it?" "No thanks, it goes on for over 3 hours, and only 25% of that is game play, the rest is advertising and fat Americans shouting"

a prime example at how insular America is....the same with the world series in baseball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Regretting the two hour siesta today that seemed like a good idea at the time. It has wrecked my sleep tonight. I am going to be soooo tired tomorrow :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Missing my own personal deadlines. Forces me to rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

'Should of' 'Must of' 'Would of' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Someone's dog is barking and it's echoing though the valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fryup wrote: »
    the same with the world series in baseball

A series of games named as such as it was originally sponsored by the World newspaper, hence World Series

TA'd that I probably have to fly somewhere for a day or 2 this week and will most likely have to get the stupid 6:30 am flight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I need some work done on my house.
    Went onto company websites quote forms requesting quotes, giving them all the details they required and I asked to reply back via email (as per the 'how will we contact you' option) only with quote for work.
    Both phoned me back leaving messages to contact them to discuss further.
    There's nothing to discuss! Quote me the damn job and use the comms method I specified!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

The term 'superfood' and those people who spout on about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Stray tissue left in pocket and put through the wash. Has destroyed every tshirt I put in with it. FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I slept funny last night and did something to my neck and shoulder and now if I have to turn around or something, it's so awkward and mechanical looking, like a robot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Watched season 1 of a TV show over the weekend with Mrs. Bap.
    Episode 10, season finale, 10 minutes to go.......and I fell asleep.
    I woke up with the end credits and a look of amazement on her face.
    I have to watch it again before she ruins it on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Watched season 1 of a TV show over the weekend with Mrs. Bap.
    Episode 10, season finale, 10 minutes to go.......and I fell asleep.
    I woke up with the end credits and a look of amazement on her face.
    I have to watch it again before she ruins it on me.

If it is 'The O.A.' then don't bother.
    TA at the ending to that show.
    :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Winterlong wrote: »
    If it is 'The O.A.' then don't bother.
    TA at the ending to that show.
    :mad:
    Nope, Santa Clarita Diet.

I like the ending to The OA :) Well, most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Mrs Woman

People who seem to shadow me at the Supermarket, everything I look at the appear at my left shoulder and hover.  I move and go elsewhere and there they are at the shoulder again

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

No healthy lunch-type food as an option on the iarnród éireann menus...bloody starving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at the rubbish wet weather

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Letting work phones ring way too long.

He has a little booth of about 3 metres square. There's literally nowhere in that booth that isn't within one step of the telephone on the desk.

If it hasn't been picked up after 1 or 2 rings, they are obviously not there at all, so f**king hang up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Mrs Woman wrote: »
    People who seem to shadow me at the Supermarket, everything I look at the appear at my left shoulder and hover.  I move and go elsewhere and there they are at the shoulder again

and they are at the till when you are paying and parked right beside you in the car park. TA this happens me quite a lot when shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

A series of games named as such as it was originally sponsored by the World newspaper, hence World Series

That's a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people say they were out earning ''a few pound''.

First of all it's pounds, not pound. And secondly, we haven't used those mother*ckers since 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the whole clean eating fad.
    Since when is eating seaweed powder good for ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

This is very trivial, and I know there are far more important things happening in the world......But....

The big display screen in the main RTE 1 TV news studio has been getting on my nerves since they first started using it after the last expensive studio revamp.

It looks like it is made up of 4 screens pushed together (two on top of two) resulting in a cross hair split through the centre horizontal and vertical axis and with each of the four sections displaying slightly different colour tones.

It looks worst when a location reporter is waiting in the background for Brian or Sharon to turn around and talk to them - the waiting face is usually positioned slap in the middle of the cross hair cut with a different skin tone on each section.

Surely they could have got it right for the flagship news programme on our national station. I don't see any of the big screens on the BBC or Sky news services having the same problem.

Like I said, a trivial annoyance in the grand scheme of things, but now that I have pointed it out, I bet it will be noticed by more people. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by the whole clean eating fad.
    Since when is eating seaweed powder good for ya ?
    I have some dilisk on standby as substitute for those by now long out of date iodine tablets the government handed out some time ago.

I have to keep eating it to rotate my supply to ensure it's still fresh. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Mrs Woman

Mrs Woman wrote: »

and they are at the till when you are paying and parked right beside you in the car park. TA this happens me quite a lot when shopping

Me too, they are at the trolley bay, they go to the bin when you do. They are in your personal space all over the shop and you keep moving away from them and there they are again like flipping ghosts nosing over your shoulder and losing interest in an item when you move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Seeing that there is a new post in a thread, but when I go in to read it tis not there :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement