Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

73Cat wrote: »
    Seeing that there is a new post in a thread, but when I go in to read it tis not there :(

Could have been me with a ninja edit if it was about 16:09 today. :o

Posting from my phone and hit quote for the wrong post. Only noticed the wrong quote after I had posted. It was quicker to delete the post and repost with the intended quote so there might have been a one or two minute window between the delete and the repost.

TA'ed at how awkward it is posting from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Failing at multitasking, for example, pouring the vitamin-rich water I wanted to save from cooking vegetables, to make gravy with, down the sink. Things like that. Having a good idea and forgetting to do it five seconds later. My mind going blank right about the time my boyfriend rings in the evening, leaving me with nothing to say. Quite TA'd tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Letting my dogs out earlier to go toilet. Stood waiting for them to go for ages in the rain.brought them back in for them to get mud all over my floor before I could clean them. Get dogs clean. Wash floor. The SECOND i left the mop down, the pair of them were standing at the door waiting to go out again. Super annoying.

RTÉ's backwardness/hostility to the metric system once again.

When the state can (finally!) change every signpost in the state from imperial to metric measurements, when Met Éireann can (finally!) dump fahrenheit and when all the car companies can (finally!) put all cars in metric, is it beyond the ability of Tommie Gorman (and Operation Transformation, etc) to, 12 years after all of the above, stop using miles and embrace the far more intelligent, sensible and global measurement system that is metric?

It's inexcusable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

When the state can (finally!) change every signpost in the state from imperial to metric measurements, when Met Éireann can (finally!) dump fahrenheit and when all the car companies can (finally!) put all cars in metric, is it beyond the ability of Tommie Gorman (and Operation Transformation, etc) to, 12 years after all of the above, stop using miles and embrace the far more intelligent, sensible and global measurement system that is metric?

It's inexcusable.

501-Pulp-Fiction-quotes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Letting my dogs out earlier to go toilet. Stood waiting for them to go for ages in the rain.brought them back in for them to get mud all over my floor before I could clean them. Get dogs clean. Wash floor. The SECOND i left the mop down, the pair of them were standing at the door waiting to go out again. Super annoying.

now I have that ad for flash going around in my head . . where . the . hell , has all the mud gone!
    lol. I love dogs and I love queen so not really ta at anything really. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

C*nts (that's the only word for them) on planes who put their bags in the overhead bin at someone else's seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

foreplay instead of fair play. thanks autocorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    Seeing that there is a new post in a thread, but when I go in to read it tis not there :(

I thought at first that it was a problem with my phone but its happening for ages and mainly on this thread so I didn't post in case it's a setup to TA us even more on here...if it is I'm blaming Boom Bap 😠.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

now I have that ad for flash going around in my head . . where . the . hell , has all the mud gone!
    lol. I love dogs and I love queen so not really ta at anything really. ?

TA that I've been reminded of this ad :P it's woeful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    C*nts (that's the only word for them) on planes who put their bags in the overhead bin at someone else's seat.

Once on a full flight I found someone's coat in the one available space in the bin over my seat. I asked the owner to move it so I could put my luggage there. He didn't move. "Where will I put my coat?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Annoyed at myself for wasting an hour watching the superbowl. I just don't see the appeal, stops and starts the whole time, too many ads. The half time show was good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Aer Lingus.

I booked a holiday last September through Click and Go for this summer; flight departing Dublin 3pm and returning a week later at 8pm.
    That was grand.

A week after I booked it, Aer Lingus emailed me to say my departing flight was cancelled and they had put me on a flight for the following day.

I rang Aer Lingus and told them I was going on holiday and that I couldn't fly the day after. I was going for a week, not six days!
    They said they'd put me on an earlier flight on the day I was meant to depart.
    That was fine.

Two weeks later, they emailed me to say the departing flight was now at 2pm.
    I rang Click and Go this time to update them and they adjusted my itinerary.

I got another email from Aer Lingus just before Christmas to say the flight was now at 3pm after all.
    Rang Click and Go to update them.

They said they didn't know what Aer Lingus was playing at but they updated my flight itinerary anyway.

I got another email the other day to say the flight was now at 3.10pm. My returning flight was at 8.10pm.
    Rang Click and Go to update them and they again updated the itinerary.

I asked them why Aer Lingus keep chopping and changing my flights and they said it was very unusual for them to change it so often but that it was either "more demand" or air traffic control changing it.

So anyway, my flight is 3.10pm and my returning flight is 8.10pm.
    We'll see how long this stays that way.

It's so frustrating because every time I see the subject line of an email from Aer Lingus saying "SCHEDULE CHANGE", my heart sinks.

I'm actually stressing out about all these changes.
    I don't go away often so all these changes have me fretting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Got on the train yesterday evening - wrecked tired, rotten weather all day. Some dirt bird had a huge supermacs meal in the carriage and then liberally doused it in vinegar. The whole carriage stank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Every time I finally sit down in the evenings after a long day at work and a long evening with the kids, have a couple of sips of tea, sigh, legs up on table/sofa, stick the tv on and voila at least one of the dogs will either get up and wait at the door to go out or one of them will appear from downstairs and start scratching at the living room door to be let in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

fussyonion wrote: »
    Aer Lingus.

I booked a holiday last September through Click and Go for this summer; flight departing Dublin 3pm and returning a week later at 8pm.
    That was grand.

I would be more annoyed that this isn't being done via click and go - I don't see what their role is if you have to keep updating them with the info about a holiday you booked through them? I might be missing something altogether though.

TA: I have a cold, and it's all up in my sinuses and my right eyeball is throbbing with pain I keep getting asked what's wrong with my eye. Waaaahhhhhhh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Colser wrote: »
    I thought at first that it was a problem with my phone but its happening for ages and mainly on this thread so I didn't post in case it's a setup to TA us even more on here...if it is I'm blaming Boom Bap 😠.

I done bleedin nuttin righhh.

I'm annoyed that the company that I work for has started to send spam emails to all the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The fish finger and bacon sandwich from one of those recipe pages that is floating round facebook.

Looks horrible to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

I posted a comment on someone's status on Facebook and now I continue to receive notifications for every other person that commented on that status since I posted. It's ok Facebook I don't need to know what everyone else commented on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Ireland's Fittest Family was another culprit for this ; "They're climbing over the 10 foot wall"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

A_smurf wrote: »
    I posted a comment on someone's status on Facebook and now I continue to receive notifications for every other person that commented on that status since I posted. It's ok Facebook I don't need to know what everyone else commented on.

'Unfollow notifications from this post' is your friend.

ASOS used to have an option to exclude an entire brand when shopping "all" dresses but they took it away and it's a pain in the hole now. I'm neither tall, plus sized, nor pregnant. I don't want to see the dresses I could have if I was thank you kindly.

ASOS used to have an option to exclude an entire brand when shopping "all" dresses but they took it away and it's a pain in the hole now. I'm neither tall, plus sized, nor pregnant. I don't want to see the dresses I could have if I was thank you kindly.
    Have you looked in the refine section? As dumb as it sounds.

https://s27.postimg.org/agnqfu1ib/IMG_0145.png

My TA is people wasting my time. I am not even going to start ranting about it because I might actually blow a fuse but it's very very annoying.
    Also Himself uses cows milk. I use almond milk. He was up first and used all my milk. I say why did you use my milk, he says because he had no milk for his breakfast. Mean bastard as long as he's alright **** everyone else. Well as long as he had enough for his breakfast what does it matter if everyone else doesn't? You'd think it'd cross his mind once in a while to think about buying enough of his own ****ing milk

Have you looked in the refine section? As dumb as it sounds.

https://s27.postimg.org/agnqfu1ib/IMG_0145.png

Yeh but that's having to selecting things in rather than excluding the things you definitely don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

A_smurf wrote:

This is the reason I purposely wait til about 11:50pm to wish someone a happy birthday or whatever. I suppose I could just turn off notifications but sure that'd be too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Everytime I go to ' chopped ' I seem to get the trainee who literally started that morning and who hasn't a clue what they're doing and are being extra cautious to not appear overly genorous with ingredients knowing the boss is watching them. .... ah yeah 6 pieces of sweetcorn will do grand thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have an ear infection and the itch deep in my ear is slowly driving me insane. Must...not....poke with cottonbud :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Browsing Boards on the iPad, the page layout bunches up to the right and takes a second or 2 before it stretches back out to normal layout. Very annoying

Coming outta work waiting to cross the street, there was a stream of cars and I'd stepped off the path onto the road but where cars park and not drive. Anyway, head stuck in my phone, waiting to cross safely. Next thing I hear a car laying on the horn and I look up and see lights coming very close to me. The fear. I thought my life was going to flash right in front of me, turns out it was my brother who yelled at me to look where I was going and not my phone. Second time I got a horrid fright today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Wife borrowed my car for the day.

What got messed up:

ALL mirrors
    Seat height
    Seat angle
    Seat length
    Steering wheel height
    Heat settings
    Air vent directions
    Radio presets

AND she cleaned it out.I WANTED my man crap. Now I don't know what was in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement