Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Did all my washing and one sock fell on the floor and didn't make it to the dryer. Now I have one wet sock. It's always that one sock that lets everyone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

The never ending showing of Friends on Comedy Central, can they put on any other show in their vault, they used to have more selection

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that Friends is described as a 'comedy'. I don't find it funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When someone says they've "simplified" a process when what they actually mean is they've simplified it for themselves and made it longer and more complicated for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

When my phone says it has 20 percent battery left but then only lasts for 10 minutes, despite having run for the previous 14 hours on the other 80 percent.

Basically its lying to me, its not really 20 percent left its actually more like two. All I want is the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I brought my wireless headphones to school so I would have them for my trip to the hospital.

Guess what I left in my locker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I brought my wireless headphones to school so I would have them for my trip to the hospital.

Guess what I left in my locker.

The school?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by my stupid psorasis, it's so itchy even though I've applied my ointment,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Stupid microwave that needs a button pressed after you turn its timer knob, in order to actually generate microwaves. If you don't press the button, it just rotates for 2mins. What genius in Whirlpool thought this would be useful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My back. Went to work this morning. Bad idea. Called chemist to see if I Clcan buy less throng Valium type products over the counter. Apparently not. Not having Valium is my first world problem today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Have a cold. Took drugs. Not used to drugs. Feeling worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

On my followed threads it's telling me that Winterlong posted 51mins ago but when I go into the thread the last post is Lexie's..this is happening for weeks and it's driving me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Pigeons not getting out of your way.

Colser wrote: »
    On my followed threads it's telling me that Winterlong posted 51mins ago but when I go into the thread the last post is Lexie's..this is happening for weeks and it's driving me mad.

Hate the thought of driving you mad! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Colser wrote: »

Did you accimadentally put him on your ignore list? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Silo18

Certain people, you know who you are, who don't put the lid back properly on the Orange Juice carton before putting it back in the fridge.

I like to give the carton a good shake when I take it out, but a couple of times a month this results in me covering the kitchen, myself and possibly the chilidren in sticky OJ.

Did you accimadentally put him on your ignore list? :eek:

Jesus - who in their right mind would want to deprive themselves of my posts?

(Don't answer that)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The way that the clock seems to speed up the closer it gets to work time.

Also, stupid, sh1tty 4 hour shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Told the landlord the shower is cutting out and he said, just shower faster!! Unfckingreal. How am I supposed to defuzz, wash booty and shampoo and condition in 6 minutes? It ain't possible I'm telling you. He's trying to make out I'm the problem that I'm taking too long but the guy upstairs has the same issue and he said it's cos he's in it all day. It's a complete cop out instead of fixing the actual problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Self-important middle-aged men in stuffy suits who think they own everything.

Sitting with two of them on a train from Nottingham, neither of them looked at me when I arrived to my seat, one of them was in my window seat and simply moved his briefcase so I could sit down. I BOOKED THAT WINDOW SEAT FOR A REASON and yet I lost my nerve and didn't ask him to move.

So sitting here seething as my phone battery dwindles while he sits there hogging the socket.

Fcuk you self entitled suit man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Valentines Cards in the shops 'For you from your loving Dog!

Flip sake, how am I expected to teach my dog to write between now and Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A teabag snuck it's way into the washing up and burst, tea leaves on everything It was a chai tea one and smelt manky. I never learn when it comes to tea, I don't like anything but regular tea but try to convince myself otherwise. I end up with boxes of fruit teas and herbal teas gathering dust. Gutted about the chai tea, was sure I would like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Aer Lingus have AGAIN emailed me telling me my upcoming flight has changed time.

This is the FIFTH time they've changed the time. I thought they should be telling my travel agent (who I booked the package holiday with) but they said the travel agent booked the flights on the AL website so they have to inform me as the customer.

I rang said travel agent to update them. They are baffled by this many changes but said not to worry..that once the flight number remains the same it's fine.

But I'm sick of this.

Is there any point complaining to Aer Lingus? I'd be afraid they're going to keep doing this right up to the last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

At a gig a girls friend didn't have 50 cent to pay the full entry fee.. The friend asked me if I had 50¢ to spare I gave her a euro and she came back and gave me a hug instead of the change

**** offfffffffffffff

My ears are ringing here in bed after losing our arse on the same bad gig where nobody showed up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

73Cat wrote: »
    A teabag snuck it's way into the washing up and burst, tea leaves on everything It was a chai tea one and smelt manky. I never learn when it comes to tea, I don't like anything but regular tea but try to convince myself otherwise. I end up with boxes of fruit teas and herbal teas gathering dust. Gutted about the chai tea, was sure I would like it.

Did you try making the chai with warm milk instead of hot water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

being awake grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

People speeding up to roundabouts only to jam on their brakes because they didn't pay attention to people already on it.
    There was a right Steve McQueen there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Did you try making the chai with warm milk instead of hot water?

No, I hate milk :(. Which is another TA as I can't even eat cereal, I hate the taste of it so much. I can eat cheese and yoghurt no problem, but I ate a yoghurt in a hurry last week and was gagging in the car as I got a milky taste in my mouth:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ireland AM.

That by itself is enough to register as a TA however on top of that, 3 of them were sitting on the couch discussing how hard it's going to be for "the Cloonys" as the wife is due twins.

They have people texting in with advice!

As if they will have a moment's difficulty with 20 f***ing nannies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I was a the counter in a café today watching a barista clean the counter (he missed a bit) and I recalled something that used to really grind my gears back in school.
    With the old chalkboards some of the dusters would wipe the chalk away remarkably well but inevitably there was always one letter left behind when some teachers would clean the board.

I recall one day there was a perfectly formed a left in the top right corner and he continued away with the subject, which was Maths I think.
    I gave it 5 minutes and walked out and rubbed it off myself.

Turns out he know it would trigger some OCD tendencies and was wondering who would be the first up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement