Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

People who wear their GAA club training tops with their initials on them into work for casual Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Barman just about to serve me a pint of the black when he decides to wipe the entire circumference of the glass with his hand & thumb to remove froth overspill. :mad:

I objected once and the barman looked at me like I had two heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Procrastination is at an all time high today.
    All of my team are out of the office so I'm sitting here with a To-Do list and the attention span of a gnat. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

tippman1 wrote: »
    Barman just about to serve me a pint of the black when he decides to wipe the entire circumference of the glass with his hand & thumb to remove froth overspill. :mad:

I objected once and the barman looked at me like I had two heads.

Fock that carry on, that's worse than using a beer mat to do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I am hungover

trivially annoying part is I didn't even drink last night

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Fecking puncture but able to do a tubeless repair without having to take wheel off. Some tex screw to get stuck in tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

fussyonion wrote: »
    Aer Lingus have AGAIN emailed me telling me my upcoming flight has changed time.

This is the FIFTH time they've changed the time. I thought they should be telling my travel agent (who I booked the package holiday with) but they said the travel agent booked the flights on the AL website so they have to inform me as the customer.

I rang said travel agent to update them. They are baffled by this many changes but said not to worry..that once the flight number remains the same it's fine.

But I'm sick of this.

Is there any point complaining to Aer Lingus? I'd be afraid they're going to keep doing this right up to the last minute.
    I have a fairly similar TA except so far Aer Lingus have only changed the time of the flight once. They have it an hour later now so that I somehow have to navigate Zurich airport in 45 minutes or I will miss my train meaning I won't hit my final destination till after 10pm. An hour earlier and I would have been laughing as there are plenty of earlier trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    When someone says they've "simplified" a process when what they actually mean is they've simplified it for themselves and made it longer and more complicated for me!
    You've just described the entire Outsourcing industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

You've just described the entire Outsourcing industry.

Or "customer self service" options. Basically, we're not going to serve you anymore, do it yourself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I ate a hazelnut swirl from a box of Milk Tray and it had no hazelnut in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I woke in the middle of the night last night and had to pee. Went over to the bathroom and nearly knocked myself out by turning on the light when my eyes weren't ready for it. The pain of that. I think I might now know what a vampire feels like when exposed to sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

People who grip a spoon in their whole hand and proceed to use it like a shovel!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People who grip a spoon in their whole hand and proceed to use it like a shovel!

When left handed people do it, it's even more scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,421 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

People in Tesco (or any supermarket), usually 3 or more, at least 1 with a trolly.

When they decide to stop in an aisle (completely blocking all access past them) to regale each other of tales of yonder year!! just blocking f**king everything!!

GET OUT OF MY FU*KING WAY YOU FE*KING IDIOTS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

People in Tesco (or any supermarket), usually 3 or more, at least 1 with a trolly.

When they decide to stop in an aisle (completely blocking all access past them) to regale each other of tales of yonder year!! just blocking f**king everything!!

GET OUT OF MY FU*KING WAY YOU FE*KING IDIOTS

Just ram them with your trolley and apologise loudly and sarcastically.

Emptying the tumble drier to find that a sheet, a kids duvet cover and a pillow case have wound up inside the kingsize duvet cover, despite the fact that it had all the poppers shut on it. WTF? Needless to say nothing was properly dry and had to be put on again. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

73Cat wrote: »
    Emptying the tumble drier to find that a sheet, a kids duvet cover and a pillow case have wound up inside the kingsize duvet cover, despite the fact that it had all the poppers shut on it. WTF? Needless to say nothing was properly dry and had to be put on again. Sigh.

You need to button closed the duvet cover!

You need to button closed the duvet cover!

Twas closed :(

TA just burnt the gob off myself with too many jalapeno peppers, I never learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Youtube videos that have the comments disabled.
    It's testament that some people can not engage in conversation without losing the run of themselves.

Finbar Furey and Christy Dignam's performance from Late Late on Youtube for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Lorelli! wrote: »
    I woke in the middle of the night last night and had to pee. Went over to the bathroom and nearly knocked myself out by turning on the light when my eyes weren't ready for it. The pain of that. I think I might now know what a vampire feels like when exposed to sunlight.

Heard a good tip for this. When you turn on the light just open one eye, it will adjust and when you turn the light off switch eyes to the one that is still adjusted to the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Stubbed my toe on the coaster of my bed on the way back from the toilet this morning. Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being a drama queen, it's an affliction I recognise and laugh about but sometimes things that aren't a big deal bog me down, like my back that's been killing me for days and now I'm pretty sure I have or am getting a kidney infection and I feel so fed up I just want to go to bed and not wake up.

Here's the annoying part. I know it's not a big deal. I'll feel better soon. I'm a whingebag. There's no need to feel like that, but I can't help it and it's making me cross with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

73Cat wrote: »
    A teabag snuck it's way into the washing up and burst, tea leaves on everything It was a chai tea one and smelt manky. I never learn when it comes to tea, I don't like anything but regular tea but try to convince myself otherwise. I end up with boxes of fruit teas and herbal teas gathering dust. Gutted about the chai tea, was sure I would like it.
    You cant just try a tea and decide if you like it or not there and then, you have to give it a week at least to forget what the old one tasted like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lit the stove when we came in from work coz it was freezing. Not 5 minutes in and it starts billowing smoke out of the fecking thing. Had to open all windows and front door to stop the smoke alarm going off. Had to sit in the cold and just put up with it.
    I'm only now just warming up.

Thargor wrote: »
    You cant just try a tea and decide if you like it or not there and then, you have to give it a week at least to forget what the old one tasted like.

TA that I wouldn't have the patience to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

That this wine tastes so nice but I have to be up at 9am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that I have no more wine left after this glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That this wine tastes so nice but I have to be up at 9am :(
    fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that I have no more wine left after this glass.

Drink til midnight Miss D and give the rest to fussy, she'll give it a good home :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

kfallon wrote: »
    Drink til midnight Miss D and give the rest to fussy, she'll give it a good home :D

At midnight it be gone :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

At midnight it be gone :p

Ah well fussy, I tried! It's the bottle of domestos under the sink for you as a nightcap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement