Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was in my bedroom and a dark hairy stranger snuck in. I was alarmed and frightened by his rigour and pace. In fact I was terrified.

I took him outside. It was only a hairy spider after all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Fell asleep with my socks on, feels like I was cheated out of my sleep because I wasn't ready

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why are rashers and black/white puddings so damn awkward to open? I feel like I have gone 5 rounds with Mike Tyson trying to get them out of the wrappers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

73Cat wrote: »
    Why are rashers and black/white puddings so damn awkward to open? I feel like I have gone 5 rounds with Mike Tyson trying to get them out of the wrappers.

Cut the end off the pudding like a normal slice size with a knife but don't cut it all the way through the wrapper on the bottom side and then peel the rest of the wrapper off going round and round the pudding like a spiral. Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

had the same fight with a sachet of coffee in the canteen yesterday. is everything so childproof nowadays that it's adult proof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

mewe wrote: »
    Cut the end off the pudding like a normal slice size with a knife but don't cut it all the way through the wrapper on the bottom side and then peel the rest of the wrapper off going round and round the pudding like a spiral. Works a treat.

Thanks, will give that a go next time. Nothing worse than raw pudding in your fingernails :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Thanks, will give that a go next time. Nothing worse than raw pudding in your fingernails :(

No bother. It used to wreck my head aswell until I discovered this way. If only rasher packets were easier to open.

Those two pricks on the radio. Is it Adrian and Jermey? Pair of knobjockeys. Them, by themselves are infuriating enough, but they had this nut of an American on the radio, giving him a platform to spout his inclination to stir a big pot full of stinking scour, he had been out and videoed an armed response vehicle before they had even parked, the cops parked and didn't get out or approach him, he walked over to them walked around the car filming it and when the cop got out he didn't even have the door closed before your man starts hopping up and down about it being a pay and display zone and shouting "excuse me sir get out of my personal space". If he had stayed his own side of the street and minded his business there'd be nobody in his space, the guard wasn't even a regular gaurs he was part of An emergency response unit and that gobsh1te can't think of anything better to do than stand harassing him. Lord save us no wonder so many people are shot by cops in America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Cold to the bone today. But raining. Not even snow to show for our troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I feel terrible today and barely ate. I'm hoping cider will fix this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My hair is looks **** this morning.
    My back is killing me.
    And I have an hour to kill before school

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People foaming at the mouth because someone made their FB cover photo a photo of her children eating crisps, not a carrot stick or a bowl of hummus or a bento box in sight. More amused than annoyed about that.

Extremely curly haired women who are too mean to themselves to buy hair conditioner, even cheap stuff, and complain because they can't get a brush through their hair. Even worse, when they have a teenage daughter who could use some conditioner for her own gigantic mass of head brambles. It's enough of a nightmare to try to tame curls with hair products, I just don't know why you would not at least use cheap conditioner or make your own. It's not a sin to spend money on yourself.

Monday morning's at work should be a gentle easing in to the work week. Coffee and Croissants type experience.

Mine is more like a cold shower and a slap in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Monday morning blues. Had a few pints Saturday night, and still feeling the aftermath. This getting older business is not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My neck is locked up. Hubby tried to unlock it - it didn't work. It's gonna need more work, drugs & heat. Am currently walking around sideways.

Our septic tank has backed up. Someone is coming today (at some stage) to sort it out but in the meantime I need a shower, to use the toilet, the dishwasher is full as is the laundry basket.

If personal hygiene standards are to be attained it looks like I'm gonna be heading into work early to shower and get cleaned up before starting work. It feels like I live there anyway....

Was in bed not able to stand/walk with my back. Himself left bedroom door open this morning. Youngest dog came up the stairs looking for me. Got into bed beside me and started leaping around. I'm in pain so I tell him to lie down and be quiet but he was clearly in a hyper mood. By now he's laying right across me. Last time the vet weighed him he was 21kg. I tried get up to put him outside my room, he wouldn't get off me and I couldn't sit up. I eventually managed to roll out of bed onto floor and was on my hands and knees, calling dog out of my room so I could close door behind him. He thought it was a game and wiggled down the bed alongside where I was crawling licking my face. I got to end of bed to call him off the bed, and what did he do? He stepped off the bed onto my back. If I wasn't sore enough my 20 odd kgs of a dog decided to piggy back me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

The arse licking of Beyoncé , Adele at award ceremony's....overrated pair of gimps

Getting discount codes and sales alerts for things I need when I've no disposable income.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The arse licking of Beyoncé , Adele at award ceremony's....overrated pair of gimps

You'd want some tongue on you to lick Beyoncé's arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    You'd want some tongue on you to lick Beyoncé's arse!

I'd give it the old college try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Amy Huberman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Your Face wrote: »
    I'd give it the old college try.

HEY Jay Z do you hear what they want to do to your woman? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,730 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I never suffered from this before, but over the last few days my right eye has become very watery.

There's no apparent infection or issue with it.

I'm constantly blinking having to dry my eye :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And once again that old thread favourite - waiting for couriers...
    Will ye come on to f...

Seven Worlds will Collide

Someone will do a metadata algorithm magic query someday and tell us scientifically that waiting for couriers, public transport, sickness and supermarket queues are top TAs in this and all previous TA threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I ordered a jacket online. Five minutes later found it for €23 less on another site -.-

I'm a dope.

The first one is elvery's so I'm going to hand it straight back to them for a refund when it arrives in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

we need argos for packages to replace couriers. you go in there with your special number for what you ordered and a magic conveyor belt brings it to you and you bring it home because you know where you live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

The flaunting of the Bump that Beyoncé is doing this time round to make up for the fact that The Internet didn't believe she was pregnant first time round :D

People deciding queuing in the small shop is not for them and standing beside me at the counter. Right next to my right elbow as I lean over to reach my items. Personal space?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

People deciding queuing in the small shop is not for them and standing beside me at the counter. Right next to my right elbow as I lean over to reach my items. Personal space?

ugh hate when people do that. had a group of teenagers breathing down my neck last week as i was paying at the counter in Tescos. literally standing a few centimetres behind me as i was scanning my card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement