Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Sunday: first lie on in 3 months. 7am - wide awake, cant sleep. Eventually have to call it quits and get up.

Monday: have to go to work. 7am - alarm goes off. Could easily sleep for another 10 hours. Feel like being pulled from coma.

The term "banter " working example. ... She had good "banter". Annoys me even more than those pr8cks that refuse to move into the outside lane to let you merge onto the motorway.

The bants. We had the bants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Chronicler

The beautiful weekend weather combined with my thinning hair has resulted in the top of my head getting sunburnt.

I look, and feel, ridiculous walking around work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Chronicler wrote: »
    Hate ignorant fcukwits like this.

People who park their cars up on the footpath.

On a related note... people who need to park *right* beside where they are going.

Case in point... a queue for a gym car park, even thought they'd be quicker just parking down the road a bit then walking up. God forbid they'd be getting exercise through means that they didn't pay for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Drivers who turn onto a road, and proceed at a snail's pace as they're turning off that road two miles later and sure what's the point of speeding up for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

people that pull into filling stations at a snail's pace and then don't move leaving oncoming cars nowhere to go and a tailback on the road.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was home an hour from the school this morning, when I looked down to see I was wearing one high top Converse, pale grey and yellow, and one dark grey low top.
    My car failed the NCT.
    Coffee machine pods that give you half a cup of coffee:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

"When your ready"

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Sunglasses won't stay on me bleedin' head. And I can't see my phone with them on.
    They can fcuk away off now for the day, I'll squint instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

on a sunny day you get out of the car, close the door, get a shock on the hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was travelling between Kildare town and Newbridge yesterday on the back road (me in the front passenger seat). Just after leaving Kildare, suddenly there were about 6 cars and a van at the front moving fairly slowly. Then I realised there was a tractor in front of them.

My brother (the driver) was going mad, prompting me to say "If only there was a flat piece of open land on The Curragh that the tractor use to pull over and let people by...". (By the way, the line of cars behind the tractor couldn't overtake because it was a straight road and couldn't see oncoming traffic properly).

My brother went on one of his more animated anti-farmer rants. We got past the tractor after nearly 3 miles.

Companies that put letters at the end of a word to make it sound latin or scientific. For example, "nutrium" in shampoo adverts or "futura" for baby milk formula that will set them up for their future. Do they think we are all idiots?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,775 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Companies that put letters at the end of a word to make it sound latin or scientific. For example, "nutrium" in shampoo adverts or "futura" for baby milk formula that will set them up for their future. Do they think we are all idiots?

Or the greatest policital party name ever "Renua" :rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Taking your good health for granted until it's taken away from you.

Eating or drinking something for the sake of it, and feeling crap after.
    Drooling over an actor, then finding out he is only a couple of years older than my eldest. I feel all inappropriate now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    Eating or drinking something for the sake of it, and feeling crap after.
    Drooling over an actor, then finding out he is only a couple of years older than my eldest. I feel all inappropriate now :(
    Ditto:(
    Just ate a Twirl and didnt even want it..Not sure what age Bressie is and don't want to know:pac:

The weather is lovely but I'm in shocking bad form today so when it does rain again I know I will be kicking myself for wasting today,you just can't fecking win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Colser wrote: »
    The weather is lovely but I'm in shocking bad form today so when it does rain again I know I will be kicking myself for wasting today,you just can't fecking win :(

My TA is very similar, was off today, got back to Dublin around 2ish but instead of going for a walk or doing something constructive in the decent weather, I just lay on the couch! I'll regret that tomorrow when I'm sat in work :rolleyes:

I am heading out soon tho for a run around tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When the sun shines and shows up dirty windows and dust,you would think with all the ****e that has been invented that house cleaning would be obsolete by now.:mad:

@kfallon...you have competition over on the happy thread.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When old injuries act up causing pain, swelling and general nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

People who don't give you the heads up about the sneaky snake speed van up the road stuck in a bush that you see until the last minute in the dark because you were too busy thinking about how lovely the weather is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Having a bingo in scrabble but nowhere to put it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

€80+ is my TA

Last Friday, took dog A to vet for annual boosters...€84

Yesterday, payment for a subscription via post office €82

This morning, small repair job on car. €88

Tomorrow morning, dog B to vet for boosters. €84

Car tax expires at end of this month...

Car insurance also expires at end of month, God only knows wtf that's gone up to.

No end to it.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    €80+ is my TA

Last Friday, took dog A to vet for annual boosters...€84

Yesterday, payment for a subscription via post office €82

This morning, small repair job on car. €88

Tomorrow morning, dog B to vet for boosters. €84

Car tax expires at end of this month...

Car insurance also expires at end of month, God only knows wtf that's gone up to.

No end to it.

This TA's me too, its as if the universe knows when one has disposable income and conspires to rid you of it. Last week I got my tax back on tuition fees and I had an extra 500 quid. Happy days. All of a sudden, the nighbours dogs lead breaks (thirty quid), gets pregnant (70 for scan), ESB bill, my contact lenses run out (60), the cat food runs out (also 60 - can I choose between my sight and their hunger? :P), on and on until there is hardly anything left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

The return of the rain.

The return of the rain.

That your post reminded me of Return of the Mack and now its stuck in my head. Major TA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Oh yeah, And two dog haircuts next week
    and the recent dietary advice from vet ( a separate trip a couple of weeks ago, I won't go in the cost on that one, but it involved a claim to the pet insurance people!) means dog A is now on the three quid a can stuff, lucky he is only the size of a rabbit and really eats little, but dog B (aka he would eat seagull mickies if you put them in a bowl) always charges in a devours all and sundry not giving a fcuk what it cost or who it belongs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Looks at the forecast tonight, showers between 8-10pm.....guess when fúckhead here is gonna be outside.....yeah, you know when :rolleyes:

TA'd now!

My knees are sunburned, meaning I'll have very pale everything else, but tanned knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Return of the damp means return of the aching hip. I put deep heat on it and between the smell and the burning I now really don't know which is worse, the sore hip (which is still sore despite what the tube says...) or the deep heat!

• Advertisement

I had to turn off my Queen CD earlier because when Under Pressure with David Bowie came on I started welling up at the thoughts of them both being gone now. Jesus Christ , what's wrong with me at all ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement