Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The letter e. My 5yr old got it to write for homework. 45 mins later and she still hasn't got 4 of them done. Im so close to banging my head off the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Constantly getting emails from valid businesses saying 'You have been chosen!!' for various deals... knowing it's the same bloody email everyone else in the list has been sent...

I'm so so honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I have loads of work I should be doing and deadlines that are still far away but I know it'll come down to a week before and I'll be going grey with the pressure but I still can't force myself to start now

what is the story with my inability to get stuff done slowly in small chunks rather than forcing though it and just barely meeting the deadlines

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Osarusan, I'm annoyed at one of your posts:
    osarusan wrote: »
    When somebody complains 'Hey, I'm getting loads of ads for Russian Brides/Asian singles/etc, so can you get those ads off your website' and it has to be explained to them that actually, the ads are personalised based on their own user habits.

Always makes me smile.

Because I read that, I'm now getting lots of ads about 'Russian brides', something I never got before. I'm definitely not part of their target audience, so, thanks a lot for that! :mad:

:pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A few years ago I had a falling out with someone for running his mouth, and neither of us has spoken to each other since. Except he still talks to my oh. And on the rare occasion we've met since we both ignore each other there's not even the "passing yourself" hello between us. But he's outside here the past 40 mins I'd say fixing something for himself, he's not home from gym yet, and it's Baltic.
    I'm TAd because I'm so stubborn my heart has an arguemebt with my head every time it wants to beat and I'm still angry with him but it still cold, very cold, and making him a cup of tea wouldn't kill me but I hate giving in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

everlast75 wrote: »
    I never suffered from this before, but over the last few days my right eye has become very watery.

There's no apparent infection or issue with it.

I'm constantly blinking having to dry my eye :(

That may actually be a sign of a dry eye, your eye is overcompensating by making more tears. Some over the counter eye drops might do the trick. It is so annoying though, my eyes stream in any bit of cold or a breeze, I wipe my eyes the whole way down to the school and back in the mornings:(

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

razorblunt wrote: »
    Fock that carry on, that's worse than using a beer mat to do the same thing!

I once saw a barman scoop a cockroach out of the frothy head on a pint of Guinness. Luckily the customer was an American tourist who took the pint and said "I always wondered why you guys did that".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

we need argos for packages to replace couriers. you go in there with your special number for what you ordered and a magic conveyor belt brings it to you and you bring it home because you know where you live

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

Close enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

And An Post's Addresspal is good too...https://addresspal.anpost.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Earphones deciding to pack it in mid-run.

My inability to run without some sort of background music/noise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Roses are Red
    Violets are blue
    I'm still alone
    Boo hoo hoo
    (fcuk that Holidays and iPhones ftw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

When people don't take off the plastic ring under the tops of plastic milk containers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

The absolute dirtbirds who make a mess of the toilets in work. Sometimes it's hard to figure out how they've done what they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

Amy Huberman.
    This times ten, like Beyoncé, she's probably a nice person but her (anfd Beyoncé too) marketing /pr team just over do it with her and is clearly a wooden actress (who would be suited as a supporting role not as a lead)..so the Irish independent and RTE, stop it with the pushing of Amy as someone we all love and want more of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Zechariah Gifted Scholar

James Corden and his crappy car karaoke,,,, and everything else that involves that gimp

Videos of Irish Mammies reaction to jimmy/mary returning....ya its old and grating

Irish Mammies memes or the most Irish x ever memes are lame too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The signaller at Finsbury Park deliberately holding an already full and standing train to allow more people to cross over from another train to get on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that Dublin's 'public transport system' is about a million years behind London

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kerryked wrote: »
    Earphones deciding to pack it in mid-run.

My inability to run without some sort of background music/noise.

You suddenly realise that your feet sound like an elephant tap dancing once you can hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Adele.

Just don't get the love for her at all. And she seems fake.

I wish she had never come out of hibernation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The current trend of young fellas constantly flicking their
    Head to toss hair out of there eyes.

Other TA, I'm beginning to sound like my Da!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Jrop wrote: »
    TA that Dublin's 'public transport system' is about a million years behind London

This TA's me every time I'm home - having to wait an hour for a bus to the city centre from my mum's house if you want to go out at the wrong time on a Sunday is some truly backwards crap.

On Sunday I got from East to West in London in an hour. TA that it would take 3 times as long in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sales people. I made an enquiry re: a product - made it clear it was an enquiry. The sales person for the past 3 weeks has called me at least 3/4 times a week and today just called my business landline. I did not give that number to her. How is this behaviour supposed to encourage a person to buy what you're offering when you're actually bordering on stalking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Sales people. I made an enquiry re: a product - made it clear it was an enquiry. The sales person for the past 3 weeks has called me at least 3/4 times a week and today just called my business landline. I did not give that number to her. How is this behaviour supposed to encourage a person to buy what you're offering when you're actually bordering on stalking

I bought some stuff of one of those travelling frozen food salesmen . He started calling to my door every month. Called once waited an hour and washed his car while waiting. Next time he called he waited FOR 3 HOURS. He called back later that night around 8.30. Had to threaten him with the guards. Haven't seen him around since.

My TA is getting jeep ready for test and spotting more and more things that need fixing. Going to fix front window winder give it a wash and let it off.
    Oh and if i hit any keys on lower row of phone keypad i hit space instead and must go back to correct it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I arrived home the other day and there was some sort of sales guy/chugger just after leaving my door and on to my neighbours. I was holding loads of sh*t in my hands and was trying to open the door and yer man is just standing there smiling at me.
    Get inside, close the door, DING DONG.

I put down the stuff I was carrying and opened the door. My son ran in with his mate and started roaring at me about food.

'Hi sir, I know you are just home....'
    'Stop right there, you see I have just landed in with a d*ckload of sh*t in my hands, I have 2 young lads hounding me for sh*t, you havn't given me a f*cking second to even take off my jacket, apologies for cursing, but there is no f*cking chance that I'm going to consider talking to you now.'
    'Can I come back later.'
    'Probably not a good idea'
    'Who supplies your gas'
    'Your company will not be. Peace Out Homeboy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Ordered a hape of stuff online yesterday.

I was delighted to find this local dublin outdoor shop with a pretty crap, but functional website. I'd prefer to buy from smaller businesses where possible.

Got a call this morning to say "yeh three of them are old stock, we won't be getting them back in". Not even a sorry. Asked if I wanted the rest of the items I said yes. Then copped that not sending the three items would bring me below the free delivery threshold so I called back to see if they were going to charge my delivery on the two (cheapest) items and they said yes so I told them to just refund the lot.

Up to 5 working days to get the money back too. Shower of absolute bastards. Why let me buy stuff on your site if you've no intention of fulfilling the order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I've been watching a lot of 'Homes Under the Hammer' recently for no particular reason. Good Lord, Lucy Alexander always sounds like she's having an asthma attack when she's talking - hand that woman an inhaler!!

Beyonce! TA by all the hype. yes she's talented but the way some people go on you'd swear she was a God

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

TA'd I don't know what rereg is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    TA'd I don't know what rereg is

suuuuuure you don't ;););)

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement